Tree of Savior Forum

The early access needs an EU server

With my ping (even using WTFast) all bosses were still easy because they were extremely predictable, but I do remember on Titan for example, that if you did not predict the AoE spam ability (can’t remember what it was called) and instead moved on reaction, you were more or less guaranteed to be hit even though you had moved far away from the telegraph on your screen.
My point there was that yes, you could play the game, but you had to alter your playstyle to accomodate for the delay/lag, which you shouldn’t have had to do, and I really don’t want to do that again as a paying customer, now with ToS.

1 Like

As an EU player, my opinion on this matter is simple, asking for an EU server in a week before giving any money to IMC (or worse, “blackmail” your purchase of founder packs) is more a tantrum than anything else.

I agree that we need info and confirmation from IMC regarding transfert/migration in case they do not have the ressources to open an EU server in time for EA, as it is basic seller-customer relations.

But you have to agree that this thread went from “we want EU server info/confirmation” to “we want EU server now!”, which isn’t the same. As I already told you, do not forget that IMC doesn’t have a pulisher for this version, they have to allocate ressources on their own to pull this off.
This isn’t the way to make IMC confident about future relations with the EU playerbase…

Lobbying isn’t necessarily a bad thing, but we just started to give money to IMC, money needed by IMC to improve its service.

3 Likes

Need transfer system from US to EU server!

1 Like

You vote with your money, not with your words.

It isn’t blackmail at all.

Putting quotes on the word just proves even you don’t believe that.

If IMC had a kickstarter and showed that they actually were prepared at all for an international crowd, I’d happily support it. I mean even the international translations to the game are done by fans.

However they are selling a product already, in the beta stage of the game.

I hope the North American server has a healthy release, even if it is disguised as an international server. I’ll just be lurking next week for more info while at least American players can be happy they have a local ToS server to play in.

I used blackmail as expression for voting with your money in a negative way. The quotes as you noticed were to emphasise that it was an expression more than an accusation.

I absolutely agree with what you said after, like 100%. IMC made a mistake, they should have find a way to get our money before in order to have the ressources to optimise their service.
Nonetheless, I don’t think that not giving money and time for IMC to put an EU server up is the best thing to do. I suggested that we started on NA servers and IMC add a free transfert in the founder pack.

What? What exactly is negative in wanting an EU server?

I personally have simply lost faith, and this is coming from someone who has over 300 hours in this game from the last beta, someone who applied for the first beta but didn’t get an invite. I’ve been following this game for 3 whole years with high hopes.

I’m just some dingus from EU who contributed in the betas and after the 3 month early access was changed to 1 month, I was all ready to buy the founders package, until they said no EU servers planned.

It’s the lack of communication regarding further details as well. It’s the weekend right now, so I don’t expect them to be in the office but still.

It’s already been “confirmed” (edit: in PM, but still) there will be no transferring. If you buy the Founders Pack right now, it will only apply to the NA server. I’ve already gotten my answer, but it came from another users PM, not an official announcement or anything.

I’m not the only one mad at this either. Most of us are upset since they gave us 0 information about EU/SEA/West Coast servers and just went ahead and opened the Founders Package anyway in a rush.

Here:

Damn, that is really bad news …

Well they got about a week to talk about the EU server and transfers there. They’ll most likely still be fine regardless, but like FFXIV miss out on a lot of EU players who will just skip the game.

You seem to be quite proud of being european. But you forget that you cant speak for everyone that lives in the many EU countries. Please dont make this a EU vs US argument.

Because the real argument is

The people with sense:[quote]
Well, not the best solution, but they did made sure it was an East Coast server, which is pretty much the best location for a single server. The ping for EU players will be much less then it would be for West Coast/Canadian. EU location would be best, but for now East Coast is good enough.[/quote]

The people who need some rest and ahould perhaps reread the topic after that:

I don’t mind playing on a East Coast server, as the ping is actually pretty decent from Europe (110ms), however, I would hate having to see a Europe server pop up a month later and be forced to reroll there and lose my founder benefits.

I say we need to take over a server instead of waiting for IMC. I nominate Gabija (assuming she will show up on opening day).

Uh… I’m playing from Brazil, and yeah, I’ll be getting 130~ping, like what I got in icbt2. I had no issues playing the game with that ping.

The people “with sense” will just wait a month and not pay anything, since as written above, the founder’s pack won’t be trasferable to an eventual european server. And their stance so far has been about not allowing transfers between servers, so a player wanting to play on that european server would have to start anew and without the founder’s pack, even if he bought it.
At most, if one really wants to try the game early, he could waste his money on the lowest tier. And that’s it. There is no incentive for european players to take any other tier, since it’s wasted money either way.

THis ^ , just ever decide , imc did the INTERNATIONAL Server , or just retarded USA server ? I dont wanna play with 200 ping , lags , spikes , wtf with this world ? Are the f***ng usa the center of world ? pffff

4 Likes

i really hope all buy pack give Eu server for more Buying pack for more long live for TOS !

I don’t think you get it. If you buy the pack it only works in the NA server.

Why would I buy a pack for an NA server?

No confirmations yet. Not throwing money blindly.

Worst thing is to do what you said.

1 Like

In voting Russian and CIS like a European countries or like a Asian? :smiley:

I upvote this because i hope to be able to play with low ping and I wanted to buy the big pack for me and the little one to a friend of me but we don’t wanna play on NA server as EU we deserved one !!

1 Like

yaaay you right dude ! :smiley:

since i started this i want to add some facts:

So far IMC hosted their server on AWS. Since many of you might have never worked with it, let me explain a bit. AWS is a server virtualization from Amazon. This means you don’t rent a physically server, it is created virtually on a server farm. It acts like a real server, you have full access, but it is just virtual. The benefits here are that you can launch a server in a matter of seconds and you can also scale its computing power, ram etc. in such a short time frame.
So, why is this important? Quite simple. IMC is talking about launching additional worlds when needed. Which is the equivalent to launching a new virtual server. Now comes the interesting part: AWS has many different locations for the server farms, some also in EU. When you launch a new server you just select the region from a dropdown menu and BAM you got a server in EU, NA or where ever you want.
So this means that for IMC to launch 4 worlds in NA or only 3 in NA and 1 in EU is just one click of extra work. All of them need to be hooked up to the login server(i assume IMC has one server handling the logins of users) and for AWS it does not matter to which server farm they belong. They can all be connected. This might involve a few extra minutes of work because you need to create a new security group for the EU server but i have done this many times and can assure you this is about 1 h of work at most, if you are new to it.
So saying they cannot provide an EU server in such short time is not true IF they are still using AWS for the final release and IF they don’t have some other limiting factor like all worlds being on the same server and them launching a new world is just raising the hardware power of the virtual server (which i doubt because this would raise so many other problems in the future).

In short: AWS makes it super easy to add another EU based server, if they use common architecture.

4 Likes

110ms is seriously decent ping for you? o-O