Tree of Savior Forum

The Early Access EU Server Community Help Topic [Updated 28/3/2016]

xD

true.

But you know.
Whoever sits at the PR department of imc.
Already did terrible things. Worth of being kicked out xD.

Specially the steam fiasco with “realesed 19th march” now changed to “realesed 29th march” shows it.

It’s like that guy is new to his job.

Prolly … someone that makes these choices.
And is backed by need moar money will chose … not to transfer stuff.

Even if one week later, newbies will get the same “oh theres high levle players around”. That is a bit different.

As people who start at the starting point expect a even level field.
Psychology …

2 Likes

And now count every EU country. Almost like US players. Im w8 for any info coz i wont buy and play game with 200+ ping. Im sure there is much more ppl form EU like me.

1 Like

Yes.
And the funny thing is.

Atm EU buyers make around 20~25% of the sales (which we could see) and NA is aroudn 30%.

137k copies sold roughly atm.
Increasing daily.

Many people who buy from eu dont even know abotu ping issues.
As only 10% even checks whats written on the sale page… only 5% or so check the forums.

2 Likes

And i think most of Middle east , and central Asia also want EU servers.
so the demand for Eu servers is much greater .

3 Likes

Even if they all start on the exact same moment it´s not an even field in many ways… there is money, time, knowledge and skill.

That was unfortunate to say the least yes :smiley:
Maybe i´m a little bit naive, but I´m very careful about assuming all the bad things beforehand.

Unfortunate doesn’t cut it…

I don’t know how many tousands of players became confused about it.

But about that even playing field … that is only the view of the individual.
Doesn’t matter that i am faster and better, cause i got knowledge from icbt2 and feedign myself 200+ days in the forums.

To them, at that point. It’s as even as it can be.
Even if it’s not.

Psychology is something realllllllyyy weird and reallllllyyy usefull.

• How are you feeling, sir?
    Fine?
    Why?
    Did that cause you to feel anything?
1 Like

Just going to add what others have said about this graph. Might not be accurate.

• It only counts people who started up the client, not people who bought anything. This means people from betas who simply saw their game reappear on their Steam client and decided to boot it up.

• For a while the ToS client was downloadable and lot of people did download it and even bought it thinking the game was out only to find 0 servers listed, hence a lot of confusion and why it isn’t downloadable anymore

• Europeans are obviously separated in this list. Most Russians play on European servers given the choice. Ask anyone who plays Dota 2.

• Even if we had a % based statistic of how many of each area bought it, it would have to be even further clarified which pack so we could look at more interesting statistics.

Doing a quick math off this, using an image that makes my eyes bleed so I might have a few figures wrong.

Someone please correct / double check these numbers.

These are people who most likely would play on a EU server, but aren’t EU. I could put in Japan, Vietnam etc. Other, who also might have a favorable ping on an EU server.

Russia, 5.1 owners / 6.88 players
Germany, 3.35 owners / 3.44 players
France 2.71 owners / 2.5 players
UK, 2.39 owners / 2.5 players
Italy, 0.94 owners / 1.44 players
Spain, 1.44 owners / 1.88 players
Finland, 1.28 owners / 0.94 players
Sweden, 1.12 owners / 1.25 players
Hungary, 0.96 owners / 0.94 players
Poland, 0.64 owners / 0.94 players
Norway, 0 owners / 0.54 players
Ukraine, 0.64 owners / 0.94 players
Romania, 0.48 owners, 0.63 players
Vatican, 0.48 owners / 0.63 players

Totals ~

1. United States, 26.00% owners, 24.69% players
  2. Europe, 20.89% owners, 22.94% players
  3. Brazil, 15.79% owners, 15.63% players

Rest: 37.32% owners, 63.26% players

Again the graph isn’t good basis for anything and just tells us that we have a lot of people from all over the world.

We aren’t even in F2P mode yet. Expect numbers to sway heavily in many different directions as days go by and as months go by.

1 Like

Hm, you guys forgot something important here. The playerbase is already too big for one server. So, actually there is a higher chance for getting an EU server too.

1 Like

It always was too big for one server. We were just surprised no local EU was planned / prepared from the get go.

Even the closed beta test 2 had multiple servers and had to open even more.

4 Likes

I think before this weekend they have to announce something.

I don´t know - is it that hard to host one (or a few it´s irrelevant here) server/s in europe, using the same international steam client? It should be the same amount of work to set it up and maintain. The cost should also nearly be the same (maybe a bit higher but it should be insignificant really)

Please correct me if I´m wrong please

You aren’t wrong. It’s not hard at all. They just need to know that enough people need the server in EU and of course there is. The stats back it up and so do we as Europeans.

Furthermore in a little overt 1 month when the game goes entirely F2P. Memberships and signups are going to absolutely explode. If we don’t have an EU server by then you aren’t going to be able to play on the only one we currently have. Guaranteed. An EU server needs to happen.

#euserverasap

2 Likes

I think there is many people didn’t know about the EU servers…
but if they know in the release date, there will be a lot of refunds.

because they expect an EU server like any MMO game…

and by now they got a lot of people buying the DLC’s from EU and other areas around EU (Middle East, central Asia) they bought it because they expect an UE servers…

unbelievable…

I’m starting to think about refunding my early access… :unamused:

1 Like

We need an EU server not just for ping issues.

It sucks to play in a server where half the playerbase is working during your prime time, or when half the playerbase is active while you sleep.

It’s a less enjoyable experience for everyone. Finding groups or parties is harder because they will have to be fragmented into EU or US timezone based, and this is 2016 and I have a fiber connection. I’m not going to pay to play a game with 120+ ping.

If IMC is unable to get european severs working at release they can just label one server as EU and physically transfer it to another location later.

1 Like

Many people who buy from eu dont even know abotu ping issues.

Exactly, it almost looks like that they just want to grab our money and then run. I mean what else it could mean to release a game with no server in the region (which makes it unplayable) and be quiet about it?
I really hope that people wont be stupid and issue a refund if there is no eu server.

2 Likes

You are forgeting about the tons of europeans as me that are waiting for a reply on the EU server to buy the packs… xD

No refund when you login to the game once.
And only 14 days from buy date.

As soon as you use your EA acess, you cant refund said acess ^^.

But it’s they’re own fault sadly… legal wise, you should expect that there’s no quarntee that IMC will but servers everyhwere.

As long as they name the NA servers just as int version.

BUT unplayable is this game not.
Even with 200 ms ping, which you should get from eu.
You just can’t build certain things and be as good as the low ping users with them.

Mostly fast AA builds suck with high ping ^.^~*

I wouldn’t say tons.
Most who dont even read the game description, wont bother reading forums too.

So only about 20~30% at maximum are withholding it atm …
People are lazy. Specially the spoonfeed new gamer generation ^^.

Steam is the only advertising atm for europe.
And if you don’t see it on page 1. Or when you search for new free to play mmorpgs. Chance is high, that you wont even see tos or know that it ever existed.

I found it through sheer luck … in an chat of an JP novel site.

A lo of people from this forum are europeans holding for a reply

2 Likes

Yes alot of the forum people.
But not alot from the possible buyers from europe~

29th march will be hell in forums.
Don’t go into the forum … if you don’t want to be spammed to death by angry people.

1 Like