Tree of Savior Forum

The Early Access EU Server Community Help Topic [Updated 28/3/2016]

It’s sad to say, but kToS is failing quite badly. However I believe ToS has a big market in the west, much, much, MUCH bigger. We love the appeal of this game. Koreans are a bit more jaded.

Who knows, perhaps it means they will simply start listening to the EU+NA etc. playerbase more for balances. I think they have to, being that we’re going to be the bigger playerbase for the game by a long shot.

We freaking love this game. It seems to mean to us a lot more than it does to the Korean market.

Why? I think it’s because of RO. RO was so much more alive here and it’s legacy kept going long. Over a decade. I’m one of those oldies who played on the official servers even. From there I went to euRO, fRO, iRO etc. and even to hosting my own server. RO is forever my favourite Korean MMO hands down. Nothing has topped it. Only reason I’m here is because of that tiny gem of a game that captivated all of us.

5 Likes

And who in the world are you ?

1 Like

I totally agree with this, but kToS probably warned IMC, so they are overprotective now.

Though if they will hear the community and improve the game, it’ll definitely help them to achieve a great success. And when new classes would be revealed it’ll become even better. I’m planning to play this game for at least 2 years, so I really hope it will become only better in future.

Even though I never played RO, I really like every thingle detail of original ToS design. Style and music are great, mechanics is very complex and diverse, PvP has a great potential to evolve.

So let’s hope, IMC willbe able to overcome their difficulties and make a real treasue of this game.

yeah…RO was incredible T_T i remember starting with my acolite, and when i was a Priest (FS 99int/99vit) i went to Niffleheim 2 with a Wiz and a Crusader <3 mobind all day long hahaha When i was 98, on my server the rates were x1 at that leve, so it was 1 hour grind = 1% ^^U
Finally, could get to 99 and BAM! REBIRTH and started leveling my High Priest using Assumptio (my favourite skill) on everyone i saw xD Doing heals around 3k… <33.
When i enter a guild, i was farming Maya, Doppleganger…etc only for the hats xP And every Monday and Wednesday, WoE!! That was sooooo fun, attacking or defending, trying to keep at least one castle :slight_smile:
And of course, every time i logged, i went to Prontera, searching for my friends, looking in every merchant wishing there was cheap hats, Oris…and then, went to pvp rooms hahaha
So , knowing that this game is from the RO creators…just only for that i want to play it so bad: The cute graphics, the smooth combat and movement, lots of skills and classes (i love to feel unique), dungeon runs, cute hats <3, the awesome OST… Please guys, lets help to improve the game and make it a Success! :slight_smile:

I just love it when people from NA think that they know what is best for me all the way over here in Europe. Thanks but I don’t tell you what’s best for you in your country. Don’t meddle in my affairs thanks.

We need an EU server asap.

We freaking love this game. It seems to mean to us a lot more than it does to the Korean market.

Niinpä!

5 Likes

I doubt there will be a EU server, atleast not one located in EU.
The game just doesnt have a budget for it.

US-East (Virginia) 109 ms
US-West (California) 185 ms
US-West (Oregon) 187 ms
Europe (Ireland) 51 ms
Europe (Frankfurt) 35 ms
Asia Pacific (Singapore) 360 ms
Asia Pacific (Sydney) 314 ms
Asia Pacific (Japan) 293 ms
South America (Brazil) 238 ms

Such a big diff between east and westcoast.

Wow chill, you sound so defensive and I didn’t meant it like that xD Omg hahaha

I’m not forcing anybody. I’m stating I wouldn’t like to level in a server to later have to move to another cause my friends does. And thats why I WANT eu server from the beginning lol

Region Latency
US-East (Virginia) 215 ms
US-West (California) 210 ms
US-West (Oregon) 208 ms
Europe (Ireland) 81 ms
Europe (Frankfurt) 55 ms
Asia Pacific (Singapore) 237 ms
Asia Pacific (Sydney) 376 ms
Asia Pacific (Japan) 312 ms
South America (Brazil) 321 ms

Damn sure such a big diff between East-West Coasts. So big :slight_smile:
Also 200+ ms isn’t viable to play and recieve good emotions from the game. (Constant lag isn’t fun at all)

I suggest Staff to just announce is there will be any EU server with a transfer in a near future (month or so). I personally can wait a month on a NA server if i will be able to transfer to normal ping after all.

Also atm i want to spend just 9,99 but if i will know that i will be able to play on EU server, i will spend 49,99 easily, and i think i’m not alone at this decision.

3 Likes

Well… we have 21 century, its rly so hard to make EU server and stop this topic for GOD sake? Playerbase is huge, you will get so much $$ from founders so where is the problem?

Im from EU and i have 300 ping, its unplayable. I will not buy founder until i will get info about EU server located in EU. Whats the point to make EU server in US with high ping?

I will not cry if there will be not our server but i rly want try this game thats why i make this post.

1 Like

US-East (Virginia) 258 ms
US-West (California) 251 ms
US-West (Oregon) 304 ms
Europe (Ireland) 166 ms
Europe (Frankfurt) 132 ms
Asia Pacific (Singapore) 74 ms
Asia Pacific (Sydney) 217 ms
Asia Pacific (Japan) 147 ms
South America (Brazil) 393 ms

Eu or SEA server plz

1 Like

IMC really needs to step up imo, 4 days remain for eu customers to buy the packs.

Either they promise a transfer, so eu customers they won’t waste their time and they get more chance to think it over.

Or they keep it nice and vague and lose out on sales, because some customers aren’t sure if they want to play on the us servers.

Nor was it a good idea to promise unique content, not after their failures to live up to such promises in the past.

Frankfurt would be the best spot for everyone by far.

6 Likes

Yeah, just like the rest. I highly doubt im gonna waste time making a character that i already know gonna have to erase later on IF they open an EU server without any sort of transferment.
Not gonna sit here with a 200+ ping handicap.

US-East (Virginia)
    133 ms

US-West (California)
    196 ms

US-West (Oregon)
    202 ms

Europe (Ireland)
    45 ms

Europe (Frankfurt)
    45 ms

Asia Pacific (Singapore)
    378 ms

Asia Pacific (Sydney)
    335 ms

Asia Pacific (Japan)
    346 ms

South America (Brazil)
    267 ms

They haven´t made an announcement yet but I think IF there will be an european server in the future, they will definitly do server transfers. Not doing so would be a real marketing desaster not just a hickup. They simply can´t come out with an EU server 6 months after release and say: “Sorry guys but there is no server transfer you have bad luck”. Companies are not trying to do everything to upset their customers although many beleave that for some reason.

So there are really only 3 options for them:
First: EU Server at Launch (29. March)
Second: EU Server some time later with the option of server transfer.
Third: No Eu Server at all.

First is unlikely…

They only had 10 days, which they discussed till now (no info atleast).

And they stated that server transfers wont happen … might revoke that. But it’s highly unlikely. Why? Cause other people starting out on EU servers, would feel.

“Whoa… im useless now. How can i compete with these level 300ers!!!”

And if you need to start over… it’s more money for them.
And if you decide not to go eu. You’re most likely still in NA servers.

No loss for them, only if you quit and normally would spent regulary money in cash shop items.

I want an EU server too xD. For obvious reasons of ping.
But i would take that NA server without worries.
Below 200 ms ping, all is fine. As logn as i dont do an AA build.

1 Like

Here is some geographical data from SteamSpy. It’s share percentage of ToS buyers.

Nice stats :slight_smile:

Good % of europeans ! Even with lot of us waiting for the announcement concerning servers…

1 Like

If they do an EU server within the international client then I think there will be server transfers.

Yes but everyone that starts even 1 week later has to have that feeling.

About the more money for them thing yes and no. Some will buy all over angain some won´t.

Don´t get me wrong I will also play on the east US server and in fact have all three founder packs. In every other MMO i would also say that the ping from germany (124 or something the same as for you - your german too I think?) is unnoticable in a MMO. But the attackspeed issue bothers me. I don´t like it that some abilitys are just useless for me.