Tree of Savior Forum

The Early Access EU Server Community Help Topic [Updated 28/3/2016]

I don’t think an EU server is necessary. East Coast USA players didn’t whine to Gravity when they learned that all of the servers were on the West Coast.

Look at the distance between East and West USA. Pretty similar to East USA and coastal Europe.

LOL. Share with me your experiences of killing Naght Sieger in endless tower. I would love to hear it.

“I don’t think an EU server is necessary. East Coast USA players didn’t whine to Gravity when they learned that all of the servers were on the West Coast.”

Ok that’s cool. But as you may have noticed a lot of us think it’s necessary. If you’re not EU, your opinion on this matter isn’t even relevant. If you are EU, you are very welcome to stay on the NA server.

“LOL. Share with me your experiences of killing Naght Sieger in endless tower. I would love to hear it.”

There are tons of videos out there where people kill him using straight forward tactics. You can watch them and imagine I am in the video, many of them don’t look that different from how we did it.

I doubt you honestly believe this. I welcome opinions from EU players who wish to comment on a server located on the East Coast USA. You are grasping at straws.

First off all, getting to him in time to kill him is no easy feat. It takes a group with practice and in most cases MVP-carded gear to accomplish. Nacht himself is a puzzle of how to deal with his various moves. Having the right gear and spot on reactions is necessary. When he uses 2HQ there is a high chance of your tank dying, even if it is a champion with mental strength who is being Sac’d by a Paladin with Tao Armor, he might STILL die.

150 ms ping is hardly an issue. East Coast players deal with it all the time when playing West Coast games.

Why can’t I play the class I want?

They’d better grant everyone who bought founders pack the ability to play any class they want. Maybe in future, not now, but it should be GUARANTEED.

If they reserve server for EU, it’d be enough.

“I doubt you honestly believe this. I welcome opinions from EU players who wish to comment on a server located on the East Coast USA. You are grasping at straws.”

…What? No I don’t believe the opinion of people from NA or SEA are relevant to whether or not there should be an EU server. 99,9999% of them will not play there, and many of us EU players will not play on the NA iToS server. As I’ve written a few times now, how is it relevant to you? It really does not affect you even in the slightest. It should not matter to you at all what happens.
I’ve posted in one of the other threads about a west coast server and I said basically this:

The potential playerbase for ToS is fairly big. It’s not going to be in the millions, but if IMC plays their cards right, they should have a playerbase to keep several servers busy and North America is huge, if the playerbase can support it, why not open a west coast server? The countries/regions without their own server aren’t region locked to anything anyways, so just play wherever you want, and let others play where they want.

Some of you seem to take it incredibly personal to convince europeans that we don’t need (or worse, don’t deserve) our own server. I am seriously baffled as to why, to me that makes no sense.

“First off all, getting to him in time to kill him is no easy feat. It takes a group with practice and in most cases MVP-carded gear to accomplish. Nacht himself is a puzzle of how to deal with his various moves. Having the right gear and spot on reactions is necessary. When he uses 2HQ there is a high chance of your tank dying, even if it is a champion with mental strength who is being Sac’d by a Paladin with Tao Armor, he might STILL die.”

I am well aware of how you killed the unique bosses in endless tower (at least I used to be, been some years now), but this is not the place to discuss it, I’m sure there are much better threads to do it.

2 Likes

It would be nice for them to do it. I predict they will wait and see if the game has wings before investing in a EU server.

You can play any class you want, but if you are a hardcore min-maxer you have to take ping into account.

Hell I played WoW on a west coast server for the longest time. In a top 100 US guild, I had to choose whether I was going to be DPS or Support, and given my high ping even with mods it was very hard to compete in DPS.

Solution was to play support, not belly-ache about ping.

This is demonstrably wrong, as I displayed in my RO example. Many WILL play on the NA iToS server. Arguably most.

It will have to make sense economically for IMC. I expect that to take at least 3-4 months of revenue from iToS for them to take a risk like that. The risks are two-fold.

1.) Cost of implementation has to be justified.
2.) Existing EU playerbase on iToS will most likely stay where they are, unless there are transfers, and EVEN THEN they may wish to stay with their established community.

“This is demonstrably wrong, as I displayed in my RO example. Many WILL play on the NA iToS server. Arguably most.”

The RO example does nothing to support your claim when we had an EU server that was at its peak more populated than iRO, and that by a fair bit.

"It will have to make sense economically for IMC. I expect that to take at least 3-4 months of revenue from iToS for them to take a risk like that. The risks are two-fold.

1.) Cost of implementation has to be justified.
2.) Existing EU playerbase on iToS will most likely stay where they are, unless there are transfers, and EVEN THEN they may wish to stay with their established community."

Sounds like that’s something that IMC should worry about, not you.

1 Like

Could you please be less hostile to other people? I don’t think anyone deserves your attitude in this thread. Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Just pointing this out because I happen to like this game and want to contribute to this community in developing into the friendly direction.

I really don’t get it why there are some US and Asian players whining that we want our own server. We are one of the biggest economies in the world and despite using English to communicate, it doesn’t mean that most people you run into during the closed beta were Americans. I’m rather sure the European community is significant in both the amount of players and extra money we can spend on games.

For comparison, west coast has less people than Germany or France alone, let alone the whole Europe. This would be plenty of reason why there are so many more threads about the EU server than any others. There are just so many of us and unlike many Asian countries, we are filthy rich.

This doesn’t mean there shouldn’t be west coast or Asian international servers but I honestly think we have the most reason to ask for our own server.

4 Likes

Why you played on west coast server then?

Never played WoW, though I think that game of such scale should have servers all over the world.

And we don’t even ask to make servers all over the world, just 3-4 servers would be enough to let almost everyone play with ping around 100.

And Europe is the easiest country to install a new server, since it has Amazon server hub, similar to used for ToS servers in NA.

So really, I wonder why should you bother about EU server. It won’t harm you in any way. If you are satisfied with your ping, then calmly wait till the launch.

That’s why I suggested reserved server for future transfer.

So I won’t be bothered in future to chose community over better ping.

I can play on server with higher ping for a month or few, but I would like to play on a server with good ping when game will be released.

And yet it died while iRO lived on. Curious.

It was with friends and for the competition of being in a top guild. I was willing to overcome the ping difference and still play to the best of my ability. It just couldn’t be as a DPSer.

Is this like a virtual server setup or would it require local hardware?

“And yet it died while iRO lived on. Curious.”

euRO never implemented the cash shop as we know it today. It never became pay2win. Besides, all characters were just transfered to fRO (which sadly is just as p2w as iRO, I think, I’m not 100% on the iRO cash shop more than it’s very p2w), which started as franceRO (yup, a whole official RO server just for France) which I however think lables itself as euRO now, so eh, your point is kinda moot as it still lives on. With a p2w cash shop you’ll always have a few people paying as much as hundreds of subscribers would, euRO just never became “tainted”, it remained bot-free (well fRO is fairly bot-free too) and non-p2w.

So if I’d like to play with my friends, let me choose if I want, like you did. It was YOUR choice to play with higher ping.

As I understood, Amazon provides servers and IMC uses their services. I think it’s not too hard to rent one server in Europe as well, and transfer data to it.
Maybe I’m wrong about it, though I think it’s still easier to make a new server in Europe/West Coast using Amazon servers then to make a whole new server elsewhere.

I would agree with the “stop eu servers already” because I hate splitting the community but I do agree if there is heavy lag for those in the EU to have a server or some meens to reduce the lag from there locations also people speeking other then English why does it bother you if you cant understand it then the message was clearly not meant for you… do you think there speaking bad about you?

I just want to say that I bought the 45,99 dlc pack and just now noticed that there will is currently no EU server. It doesn’t look right that it was marked as released game you can’t play yet and there is no information regarding server location whatsoever.
It all looks shady as hell.
If there is no official information regarding EU server till launch I will refund and forget about this game. (Not going to pay/play with 300+ ping)

1 Like

You can refund pack before 29th, it was said in recently posted FAQ. And I hope they will provide info regarding servers in time.

I think they just have some financial problems right now, so they can’t decide about EU server.

But I agree that IMC needs better infromation politics, steam description really lacks important information.

1 Like

I just think they are running out of time. Most EU players who want an EU server seem fine with having it delayed as long as we can transfer there. It’s the whole gamble that
1: There might not be an EU server, we really don’t know.
2: If there is one, we might not be able to transfer and thus have to start over.
3: The information that we will be able to transfer there may come much later, thus pissing off the people who waited.

The time is kinda running out this weekend, I really really hope we get a final announcement by then.

2 Likes

Maybe they are not sure if they can promise us EU server, because the game may fail. Though I don’t think it will, but developers want to avoid excessives losses in that case.

They said that there will be a separate announcement about EU server, so I think they will tell us before the game start.

In case the game fails (i don’t think so, its an AWESOME game), they will earn so much money with the founders pack and in game cash (i will buy lots of things xDD and use like 10-20 euros min. per month) that will compesate it. So yeah, they have to make an EU server ^^

1 Like

Actually current online on kToS is 1000. At least people say so.

That’s why even with lots of founder packs bought they may be doubtful.

But if they change some things that killed kToS, success is kind of guaranteed, at least it has great potential.

But with current marketing politics they may lose a large amount of platebase.

ToS in steam had 98% positive reviews and now it’s 83%.

1 Like