Tree of Savior Forum

The Early Access EU Server Community Help Topic [Updated 28/3/2016]

Well your other parts are correct but the actual number of people and thus number of potential players is where there is a huge difference when you compare west coast of US and whole EU.

I pointed it out earlier that even just France or Germany has more citizens than west coast. The total population of Europe, Russia excluded because I didn’t bother to check what proportion of them is located in western parts of Russia, is 508 million. West coast has around 57 million. You can see one rather significant reason why there is more demand on EU server than west coast server, right? Because there will be more customers, actually paying customers, here.

SEA and Oceania and bunch has lots of people too but they are third world countries where less people can afford to pay anything for their service.

There is no point in comparing West Coast (farther from the server in the US) against West Europe (nearest in the EU).
What you should do is comparing West Coast against Russia and East Coast against West Europe. You’ll then see how Europeans will have a ■■■■ service compared to Americans.

3 Likes

They’re still deliberately gimping themselves, though. Not having a proper EU server will make less people try the early release (or it will make them refund the game once they end up lagging). And even once the game is out, if people try the game and it lags, they will still have no reason to support it. Even worse, they’ll likely just deter other people from even trying it.
They’re essentially digging their own grave for the EU market.

1 Like

Give me a reason why the comparison isn’t valid. The distance from the server is relatively the same between West Coast USA and the server, and Western EU and the server. The ping is similar too.

It would be valid if EU was to have a West EU and East EU server. However EU is much more than the western countries.

What im trying to say is that people in Western EU countries get the same experience as West Coast USA players. They really should not need a different server to play the game well.

East EU has a better argument as does Russia but I would think that a SEA server would be fine for them as well. It is about getting the most bang for your buck, server location wise.

Depends what you “demand” for spending your cash. I would not be against (well I really would have no reason to) if ToS would place one of the servers in Western US, if it’s true they get the same ping we get from EU.

Eastern Europe has about the same distance to SEA as to Eastern USA, neither is even remotely close/good (I really really hope you don’t think “but Russia is really close to SEA”, if you think that you should google: Russia Population Density).

2 Likes

You might want to think again this argument. Maybe check the world map if you don’t get what I’m hinting.

2 Likes

No need for that. Regional Servers: Euro community was been forgotten
Tough I may have been a bit unlucky in my choice of pictures…

Yeah my Russia comment was a bit off base location wise. Oh well im only human.

As an East Coaster, there have been tons of MMOs where I was forced to play with 120+ ping because they were all on the West Coast, RO included.

The best case would be to add some queues into the code of this game so high ping itself is less of an issue.

Actually I’m from Russia and ping to sea is way above then ping to NA. So yeah, EU server would be much better.

I can play with 150 ping I get now, but It’ll clearly limit my power while using some builds, so I won’t be able to achieve complete game expierience for sure.

Yet, I’m kind of satisfied with transfer option, but decision to NOT open EU server is unclear for me, since more then 25% players are from EU. So instead of making 5 US servers IMC could make 3 US(2 east 1 west) 1 EU and 1 SEA for example.

But if they say that they can’t provide servers in different regions, then it’s fine, but I hope they will do it in nearest future.

5 Likes

I am getting 200 using this site http://www.cloudping.info/ I can only imagine it will be around 300 in game. That is really bad if you ask me.

Where are you located? :confused:

@Derael I don’t think there will even be close to 5 US servers…maybe 3? Probably 2.

Too many games make the mistake of having too many worlds, and then having to merge them. I think IMC is playing it right by starting small.

US-East (Virginia) 204 ms
Europe (Ireland) 120 ms
Europe (Frankfurt) 79 ms
Livin’ in France.

There were 4 servers during iCBT2.

Hmm, I think there were 5 during CBT2. At least 4 for sure.

There were 4 but 1 was a L.A. server. 3 US servers will probably be the case when everything is said and done.

Hmm, I think number of EA packs bought has already exceeded number of CBT2 players, so I have a feeling that 3 won’t be enough, considering lag fest during CBT2.

But we will see, I’ve not played the game so I don’t know how bad is 150 ping. If I would be able to make a viable archer builds, then it won’t bother me until competitive PvP rework.

I remember the first day of cbt2 there was only 1 or 2 server in there the moment it open… in few min later more was opened xD

Yeah they did it progressively which makes sense.

Well that confirms it. I will not be paying for this game to play with 300ms

4 Likes