Tree of Savior Forum

The Early Access EU Server Community Help Topic [Updated 28/3/2016]

Lol, dat PR talk.
Basically, no regional server until they have nothing better to do (or a sh*tstorm hit them).

3 Likes

I didnā€™t mean to imply that. It is just that there were misunderstandings in the past, thus taking things for granted may not be a good approach.

I would wager that they are trying to also get themselves some time to analyze the numbers too, while also trying to secure the future.

Itā€™s more benefitial for them, but itā€™s their only response they are willing to commit to right now.

Transfer question was a big thing and we should be happy itā€™s a possibility. Am I happy that I still have no EU server news? No.

At least now I can play on NA servers with 180 ping in the head start, if I choose so.

Donā€™t forget the Founders pack will be put on 30% sale in a few weeks. You can check back then to see if any news on EU servers.

1 Like

Updated the topic again, with the 30% Founders discount and their official statement over regional servers.

I will keep this topic updated in the following month too if it remains a sticky.

If it becomes too out dated, Iā€™m sure the staff knows what to do with it.

@Staff_Julie

I wonder if we will be able to transfer all of our characters with items, TP points and levels reached to another server by using the ā€œTeam Transferā€ in three weeks of the new server release ? If so what would happen if another player would create a character with same name in the server I would like to make the Team Transfer, how the conflict would be resolved?

I think that with the 1 - time transfer it doesnā€™t matter. I mean, why not buying it, when you canā€™t lose anything?

Iā€™m pleased with their announcement. Itā€™s reasonable. My only concern is that we wont have a nice, clean and smooth start, due to the large playerbase. Well , if they said one server is enoughā€¦

I donā€™t see any discount on steam atm soā€¦

Cause you only read the word: ā€œDiscountā€ :stuck_out_tongue: Read the whole post.

Not now, but in the future. Read the text. There basically will be a discounted version of the Founderā€™s Pack at the end of the Early Access for late comers.

ItĀ“s not one server its one server location.

That being said, we will consider creating regional servers later down the line if we see enough support from those regions.

What a weird thing to say.
So let me get that straight, we said we will not buy anything till we have our server and they announce that we will MAYBE have our own server if we buy enough things. The key word there is ā€œconsiderā€.
The thing is, if the game suffers from high ping in our region and as a consequence makes some aspect barely playable then there will be little or no support due to that.
I still see it like I said before, they want us to buy things and then throw us away.
No one said they are evil as someone mentioned here, they do this to make money, they want to make most money with least cost possible. Thatā€™s all.

One more thing I just realized, if they took into consideration sales data from steam, many of us didnā€™t buy it because there is no server for EU. Of course there will be way more people from America.

Okay, thatā€™s nice.

I tought they would go this way xD.
Servers where unrealisticā€¦

But you all need to remidn yoruself.
An EU Server might never actually happen ^^.

I will play na anywaysā€¦ but sad that it took them nearly A WEEK. To tell us that.

6 Likes

I think they were just waiting for more definite numbersā€¦
In the end itā€™s stupid since lot of people were waiting for an announcement to commit their purchase =/

2 Likes

Yup i was actually waiting for this announcement, now i must admit iā€™m hesitating, but i have until 29 to think on it haha !

Iā€™m thinking over the weekend about it.

Cloudserver ping tests give me 140 ms. Itā€™s not going to be that in the game, I know it, as a iCBT2 tester I had over 180~220 in the game at all times.

I want to make an Archer eventually. I want to make a auto attack based Swordie. I want to make a lot of things, but I canā€™t commit without knowing I can perform properly with those classes in the future.

I also want low ping because for Godā€™s sakes the game is super fun with low ping. I also want to PvP and GvG but with high pings I will always be at a disadvantage.

Most likely I will cave in and play on Tuesday.

My current plan is this:

• Keep my Founder Pack 2. Refund the Pack 1 (45 euro).

• Join the Early Access. Only use the 30 day token.

• Play till itā€™s 21st of April.

• Buy the Pack 1 if they reconsider their stance on EU.

• If not, quit with 1 month played / satisfied.

I miss out on one hat, some TP and the pet from Pack 1, but the pet isnā€™t that super important to me. Iā€™ll simply buy one in game with silver.

3 Likes

A lot of people will do the same thing, I will buy FP 3 for 9 and thatā€™s all.
Problem is that people will quit or not buy anything if the ping is high. They will not see support from EU and then not open EU server.
Good plan :smiley:

1 Like

Iā€™m a founder. Iā€™m helping. If that isnā€™t enough, then nothing ever will be.

If they are deciding an EU server based on free loaders, our money wonā€™t do the talking.

Fun fact is itā€™s highly probable that with all those refund, they could have rented an EU server for years lol.

In the end I really canā€™t understand their decision. (business wise)

3 Likes

It is a small number but far less risk. This is how economics work today. No risks no balls, just numbers.

2 Likes

If weā€™re talking about numbers, you canā€™t deny that annoucing no localized servers would create a loss from refund. If thereā€™s a risk, itā€™s there.
And not really from the cost of several localized server for launch.(quite cheap if you put it on the scale of a company)

But in the end I believe itā€™s not about economics but marketing. IMO if you want a successfull launch nowadays in the game industry, you need hype, popularity and visibility. And theyā€™re not really doing a good job there between this, their first founder pack communication and steam lack of clear release date. It seems they are only stumbling and losing marketing opportunities here and thereā€¦

2 Likes