Tree of Savior Forum

The Early Access EU Server Community Help Topic [Updated 28/3/2016]

Hm, you guys forgot something important here. The playerbase is already too big for one server. So, actually there is a higher chance for getting an EU server too.

1 Like

It always was too big for one server. We were just surprised no local EU was planned / prepared from the get go.

Even the closed beta test 2 had multiple servers and had to open even more.

4 Likes

I think before this weekend they have to announce something.

I don´t know - is it that hard to host one (or a few it´s irrelevant here) server/s in europe, using the same international steam client? It should be the same amount of work to set it up and maintain. The cost should also nearly be the same (maybe a bit higher but it should be insignificant really)

Please correct me if I´m wrong please

You aren’t wrong. It’s not hard at all. They just need to know that enough people need the server in EU and of course there is. The stats back it up and so do we as Europeans.

Furthermore in a little overt 1 month when the game goes entirely F2P. Memberships and signups are going to absolutely explode. If we don’t have an EU server by then you aren’t going to be able to play on the only one we currently have. Guaranteed. An EU server needs to happen.

#euserverasap

2 Likes

I think there is many people didn’t know about the EU servers…
but if they know in the release date, there will be a lot of refunds.

because they expect an EU server like any MMO game…

and by now they got a lot of people buying the DLC’s from EU and other areas around EU (Middle East, central Asia) they bought it because they expect an UE servers…

unbelievable…

I’m starting to think about refunding my early access… :unamused:

1 Like

We need an EU server not just for ping issues.

It sucks to play in a server where half the playerbase is working during your prime time, or when half the playerbase is active while you sleep.

It’s a less enjoyable experience for everyone. Finding groups or parties is harder because they will have to be fragmented into EU or US timezone based, and this is 2016 and I have a fiber connection. I’m not going to pay to play a game with 120+ ping.

If IMC is unable to get european severs working at release they can just label one server as EU and physically transfer it to another location later.

1 Like

Many people who buy from eu dont even know abotu ping issues.

Exactly, it almost looks like that they just want to grab our money and then run. I mean what else it could mean to release a game with no server in the region (which makes it unplayable) and be quiet about it?
I really hope that people wont be stupid and issue a refund if there is no eu server.

2 Likes

You are forgeting about the tons of europeans as me that are waiting for a reply on the EU server to buy the packs… xD

No refund when you login to the game once.
And only 14 days from buy date.

As soon as you use your EA acess, you cant refund said acess ^^.

But it’s they’re own fault sadly… legal wise, you should expect that there’s no quarntee that IMC will but servers everyhwere.

As long as they name the NA servers just as int version.

BUT unplayable is this game not.
Even with 200 ms ping, which you should get from eu.
You just can’t build certain things and be as good as the low ping users with them.

Mostly fast AA builds suck with high ping ^.^~*

I wouldn’t say tons.
Most who dont even read the game description, wont bother reading forums too.

So only about 20~30% at maximum are withholding it atm …
People are lazy. Specially the spoonfeed new gamer generation ^^.

Steam is the only advertising atm for europe.
And if you don’t see it on page 1. Or when you search for new free to play mmorpgs. Chance is high, that you wont even see tos or know that it ever existed.

I found it through sheer luck … in an chat of an JP novel site.

A lo of people from this forum are europeans holding for a reply

2 Likes

Yes alot of the forum people.
But not alot from the possible buyers from europe~

29th march will be hell in forums.
Don’t go into the forum … if you don’t want to be spammed to death by angry people.

1 Like

You could use one client to access both EU and NA servers easily.

Just a simple edit to the xml file is all that is needed I’d imagine.

Same game, same patches, just two locations.

Yes that´s what i mean so I don´t really understand why they don´t do it.

This is purely speculation on my part and is in no way meant to be defamatory towards IMC or their current state but based on the recent direction the iToS has taken with the founder’s servers being announced shortly after open beta announcements, my educated guess would be that the reason is financial.

Most likely is as some people asking for a EU server don’t understand how much it costs to run a server of 2000+ players. Last I checked for a server on another game for 100 people it was like something along the lines of £200+ a month (location is also a varying factor) and apparently classed as the cheapest I am not too sure on that but its the information I was presented with at the time.

So lets say server for 2000 players costs £4000 per month for a game where people don’t have pay money and relies on unpredictability cash flow from its cash shop of how much money goes into the game now lets add to that the staff that do programming and maintaining and policing the game as GM’s are not free.

Funny thing is people want to remove the desirable items from said cash shop because its deemed P2W that would also make it more unpredictable with cash flow.

So yeah it most likely is financial as its reason this is why subscribing to a game monthly is better then Free to play…

1 Like

There are over 100k players, you know.

What’s the difference between running a server of 20k Europeans in America or in Europe?

Caring.
Post must be at least 20 characters

You say 100k players? statistics please? but using the information you have provided 100k that would mean they need servers equal to hold 100k players so that’s £200k per month with a cash shop… how many of those players will use the cash shop to fund those servers every month that and the staff we cant say. This is why cash shops are considered a gamble more then anything but as I said there are people demanding some items removed because they invoke P2W yet they are considered the most desirable.

Also don’t forget Europeans have a different currency to America and the USD is 1.4 difference to the GBP in rates statistically at the moment.