Tree of Savior Forum

The Current State of PvP is Disgustingly Bad

Plz stop spreading fud.
You’re killing team thanks to your warlock skills. Without them, a single (skilled) PD in ennemy team and you are countered.
You’re easily countered by Oracles too (not even talking about them being able to counterspell while being sucked in Magnetic Force, this making MF/Raise/Both? bug…)

You can be countered with other CC too.

Does hook get cancelled if you get knocked down? I presume knockback from the likes of Full Draw won’t?

It’s hard to tell. Some misplacing skills seem to break hook (Magnetic, Frost Pillar), others not. But I believe knockbacks in general don’t, char needs to start “walking” (like chars that are pulled by abovementioned skills) for it’s effect to break.

It’s much easier to just have a ton of pets (and 0 FPS lol) around. Or theurge, caltrops, statues, etc. Or just run around like crazy.

Hooking in general is hard.

1 Like

Jebus, it targets caltrops too? XD Most QS really don’t realize how powerful their caltrops are for distraction.

It’s indeed really hard to land, a situational skill I might say.

2 Likes

Tbh Corsair can’t do sht to proper QS3. I hate proper QS3’s. And necros. And sorcs. And theurge. And dievs. And sappers (lol).

https://forum.treeofsavior.com/uploads/default/optimized/3X/e/7/e7104a0ec87c883fd7250f51fd775b2795209c55_1_690x388.jpg
source: 2 players using obviously exploited gear

There’s pavise too.

I agree, between players with the same skill level in terms of class usage, I think a proper QS3 build will almost always obliterate a non-Cata corsair (I think a catasair would be unorthodox but viable).

Cowboy build hahaha.

Ran into one in 2x2 at 5 am (still cant find 5v5 at 5 am on fedi). He was not only a cowboy, but also a shinobi!! xDD Obliterated him.

then this will make non cookie cuter cata swordies be even worse

iron hook is the ONLY spells that actually makes swordie somehow viable in PvP compared to archer/wizard that have overloaded kits…

Swordie have the lowest damage output so if hooked target will have increased amount of armor/mdef than it will be even harder to swordie (specially in dex build) to kill his/her target those with tons of block >.>

I agree with everything else mostly, specially scout invis being shared … overall Scout invis should last max 5-6 seconds in PvP… playing vs Rogue/Scout or Musket/Rogue is UNFUN experience in ToS… you can’t do jack ■■■■ specially in 2vs2.

Musket/Scout PvP guide: Cloacking -> wait till Cloacking is almost ready to use again -> Headshot/Snipe -> Cloacking -> wait till Cloacking is almost ready to use again -> Headshot/Snipe ->Cloacking -> wait till Cloacking is almost ready to use again -> Headshot/Snipe -> rise and repeat until you win every 2 vs 2 when enemy team don’t have healer that can survive musketer and his ally burst
or Rogue 1shoting every non full CON/shield user before you will be able to react

1 Like

So apparently you can now use your equips on tbl. The remaining balance of this game has finally ended. Good luck to us all.

1 Like

You can’t Counter-Spell while stuck in Mag Force. My main is an Oracle and a PvP a lot.

In fact, there is a risk that you will eat the cooldown of it, and it still wont go off.

Very ill-advised.

Maybe you should play on Fedimian then :wink:

Totally agree here. Capture the flag, node capture / defense, etc would be great. Even just some different arenas would open things up a bit, the current one is really small.

2 Likes

I don’t think Capture the Flag would work with Haste Cata wind runner penguins. But domination(node capture) would work very well.

They could force dismount when carrying the flag, or cap your speed at, let’s say, 40 movespeed.

King of the Hill would be fun too.

Yeah that could work.

Anything that doesn’t involve spawnkilling or just 1 life would be great.

Wow, PvP just got so much worse now.

Why dont just allow secondary effects (+ elemental damage, mov speed and whatnot), and not base stats + refinement like before?

They just broke even more diversity and gave even more reason for full CON builds…

1 Like

Destandardizing equipment was such a bad idea. Now I’m seeing Fletchers do 7k bleed ticks @@ so crazy

1 Like

PvP is Worst lolv 20chars

1 Like

RIP swordsman.

The +20% stun chance boost in restrain wasn’t even enough to compensate for the damage that archers and wizes can actually dish with decent, fully in-effect gear.

Apparently Rush has been doing double it’s intended damage before so it got nerfed.

Then there’s the card system where both wiz (chapparition) and archers (t.shooter) have easy-to-acquire cards (ones they probably already have tons of) that are just perfect for them. Stronger dark theurge. Perma-silencing running shot. Astronomical snipes. As if broadhead was’nt already dealing a f*ckton per tick before the changes.

Meanwhile, swordsmen are still clueless as to where to find more Minotaur and Reaverpede cards (likely in some fedi missions) since quests no longer provides.

How low do we have to go?