Tree of Savior Forum

The Chapel [Cleric Build Discussion]

In that case it’s not such a good skill. Too many constraints, uses a lot of sp per second, short range, prevents the character from moving or acting. Besides, what is the diference between the skill level 1 and 5? Decrease sp consumption or increases the duration? The duration of most of the buff is close to their CD and it’s better to reuse them rather than using Melstis.

I thought Counter Spell didn’t remove the Magic Circles but made them disappear some time (30s).

The idea of Melstis is that you are a Krivis C3, meaning your party can have up to 20 buffs. So the point is that your party just stacks all of it’s buffs (notably ones that last like 3 seconds such as Frenzy) and keep them and smack real hard in the Melstis area.
More effective with a Linker.

Eh it’s the other way around. It’s not a buff that has a magic circle ( that would be pretty weird to imagine ), but a magic circle that provides a buff. Counterspell doesn’t remove any actual buff, it removes the source of the buff ( the magic circle ).

I know I’m just being technical but it’s confusing to describe counterspell as a skill that “removes certain buffs” when that’s not what it’s doing. It removes magic circles, that’s all it does. If that magic circle happens to provide a buff, then the buff will no longer be applied.

2 Likes

Zhoyu, do you have any news on that discern evil - incinerate? :c

I thinj you’re the closest i’ll ever get to that answer haha

alright guys I need some advice!
I have recently made a cleric2->dievdirby2 and was aiming for a str/dex monk, after playing until rank 4 I have realized I have really enjoyed playing more of a support role and seeing as str/dex is bad for support I want to restart my cleric and be int/con focused.
Now we get to my issue :stuck_out_tongue: I love being a Dievdirby so in my build I really want a minimum of c2 for that class. Ive spent the last few days messing around on the skill simulator but nothing is really sitting right with me so I need some advice. Im struggling to find classes/ranks that im interested in that will synergies well.

I am not really interested in Druid/PD/Kabbalist (I could be persuaded with these ranks because I am kind of uneducated in how these classes work) which is making rank 6/7 hard for me to work out.

The builds that I have considered so far would be:
Cleric c2 > Diev c2 > ??(focus on Heal/SZ and Divine Might - any suggestions would be awesome)
Cleric c1 > Krivis c2 > Diev c2 (focus on Zaibas, Diano and Zalciai)
Cleric c2 > Diev c3 > Oricle
Cleric c2 > Diev c2 > Sadhu c2 (choose fade and SZ form cleric and sadhu for more dps focused)
Cleric c2 > Diev c2 > Paladin c?? (further the support - im not very familiar with paladin but I like the costume lol)

Last question: How do you guys feel about choosing a previous rank? for example being at rank 5 and choosing a rank 4 class. Thanks for reading and any criticisms, advice, class recommendation or synergies you could help me with would be really appreciated :smiley:

TL:DR I want to play support cleric with Dievdirby c2 and dont know what else to pick.

Dievdirby is actually very viable with STR, Carve hits… four times? And had it’s cooldown reduced and damage increased, it’s a very ignored skill.
Choosing a previous rank clas depends on the class you are gong back to, Krivis by example doesn’t particularly hinder you even at Rank7.
Out of curiosity, do you prefer fighting physically or from a distance?
Because stat distribution affect class path and all that, Dievdirby can do both so don’t worry about that.

I am aware that the carve skill just got buffed and haven’t had a chance to test it out yet but when I was using it before it was pretty underwhelming :stuck_out_tongue: its not that I didnt think str was working for my Diev its that I want to be more support focused and my healing squares as a str/dex cleric were not healing my team at all haha.

About the distance I don’t have a preference either way, I enjoy both :slightly_smiling:

Well, this is because you need SPR!
SPR stand for spirit and it’s real good to have.
Your Stat spread for a support physical Cleric would have to be STR2/SPR2/DEX1 and of course the 40-50 CON every Cleric should aim for at a minimum for durability and Heal power.

I’d say something like this is fine and dandy in this scenario of a physical supporter.

You could drop Deprotected Zone for Cure, not a priority but a preference.
Fade is the one point because it resets aggro, we can’t have our friendly Archer be runing 80% of the fight because your Peltasta is unable to regain the aggro after all!
Don’t take Carve’s ‘‘Chance to obtain’’ attribute as it makes the cooldown higher, and considering how much it makes it longer by how much it increases the chances that’s a nono.
Don’t take Restoration’s SP recovery attribute so you can have it be 100% uptime, the HP recovery bonus gets added to your Heal tiles just so you know.

1 Like

I can list some for u (int/con):

1. Krivis: daino, zaibas, divine stigma. If u got problem in terms of damage, u can take krivis for zaibas. For me krivis is a must for support atleast c1 for daino. Dovine stigma only for party play, u rarely use it when solo.
  2. Priest: so many good skill here. But for support, i recommended taking max revive, stone skin, some point to mass heal, aspersion (extra def) and 1 point for sacrament for extra hit
  3. Paladin: resist element, restoration, conviction. Restoration increase healing effect. Barrier for some utility, conviction to increase magic damage (zaibas and wiz damage in party)
  4. Pardoner: indulgentia the only cure for lvl2 ailment. Mdef buff is good also. Discerning evil good to extend debuff. Good when party with wugushi, pd or bleed swordie.
  5. Oracle: no comment lol

Sadhu,monk, bokor not really for support user. Mybe zombie can help also. All this based on my theory and knowledge from playing only.

1 Like

Thanks for the build I appreciate your time.
Are you saying that SPR increases the amount the heal tiles do? I just assumed it was INT.

I never looked twice at Carve attribute because wood is so cheap anyway I don’t need to get more :smiley:

Can Paladin be STR/SPR/DEX and also INT/SPR/CON viable?
Maybe my decision to go int was premature. I like the build you made.

Thank you for the feed back :slightly_smiling:

I get builds done in like two minutes don’t worry about it.
No SPR doesn’t affect the heal tiles, but it does affect the defense reduction of Deprotected Zone, your resistance to status effects, Barrier’s magic defense boost not to mention your SP poll and recovery, important to keep up the skill usage.
I’ll admit that I got Mass Heal and Heal mixed up, but the CON thing stays true, 40-50 for durability, you are in there in battle, meaning you will get hit.

SUPOSEDLY Paladin could be able to run INT… but it’s INT stuff is TERRIBLE while the STR ones are GREAT, so yeah.

I wonder if you can buy Zalciai scrolls…

1 Like

I think you mean deprotected zone :sweat_smile:

HAs Zone in the name/10.
But yeah.

Bokor, paladin, diev are mix melee/magic. Choose correct skill for each build. For int paladin, turn undead, barrier damage and conviction benefit from it.

1 Like

What’s with the obsession for support around here if i might ask?
Aside of paladins it’s the most obsolete role you could focus on, most parties wouldn’t even take you in. Especially not if time limits are going to be common.

ps, for now always take cleric2.

If you take diev2, then the rank 5-6 options are:

• Krivis2, more int based dmg.
  • Sadhu + Druid, for a oob focus.
  • Sadhu2, int based dmg and cc.
  • Bokor2, a more defensive option.

If you take diev3, then rank 6 options are:

• Druid, for the dmg alone it’s already quite good. Telepath is good cc for pvp as well.
  • Sadhu, for a oob focus that’s less defensive.

For rank 7 you’ll want either:

• Druid, ideally as a second rank for sterea trofh. 10s invuln every 30s is darn good.
  • Kabbalist, combines well with bokor, otherwise not a bad but bland option.
  • Plague Doctor, offers damage healing and condition removal. Don’t take bloodletting as a sadhu though.

Otherwise:

• Pardoner is allegedly getting a rework, i’d wait for that.
  • Oracle is worthless.
  • Paladin is always low on dmg, wait first to see if it’s utility is needed in late game imo.
  • There’s no str route that improves or relies on carve, even if it is good now. Str needs some options aside of monk in the later ranks.
  • Diev/Monk is still a valid option ofc.
  • Also don’t judge stats so early, they only start to get good when you get tons out of the stat bonus. And that takes a long while.

There rarely is a point to it, given how often the later ranks outperform earlier ranks.
It’s why i’ll never advise krivis2 over druid2 if you could choose between the two.

1 Like

Well, I’d recommend you to go Diev c3 - Monk and keep going STR/DEX/CON. You’ll still support pretty well and do good DMG
(hurray for carve that got base damage and more hits)

1 Like

So much feed back, I love it :smiley:
Thanks everyone.

If I do continue to go the STR path is it worth getting Carve Owl?

I have some doubts about the relation between skills of priest and chaplain and i would be grateful if someone could answer them :yum: :

1.-How much is affected Last Rites in numbers with each point spent in sacrament? is the damage the same as the damage done with sacrament (+40 holy damage at lvl 10)? :worried:
2.-Under the effect of Last Rites, when you are under 40% of life (or 50% with the attribute), wich is the increment of damage you get?
3.-Does the damage done under the effect of aspergillum (that is an aspersio attack) take benefits from the effects of aspersio’s attributes? (“Aspersio: enhance” that makes up to 100% more damages).

Thx in advance :wink:

Sorry I had to fix it… It wasn’t that good before. I still think it was worth 1 point but it wasn’t that big deal… It was just buffed recently so saying it in present tense is not necessary true… I don’t know how good it is now but who would ignore it still if it’s good now? It had 3 hits before but it even got more now and it got actual damage because it didn’t have before just 100 on plants… I rly want to see a video of the new version.