Tree of Savior Forum

The brazilian situation and the shout chat

About global chat restrictions, there should be a lenght limit, I’ve seen lots of people spamming “EEEE…EEEE” for, like, 3 lines or copying the same section of text over and over.
Also, PLEASE, don’t spam obscene things on shout chat. PLEASE.

1 Like

Sir, the interesting thing is I think that few folk can be match to the toxic br when saying obscenity… But that doesn’t make the trolls of other country better, they just act in some other ways. It’s just a problem in finding a patern, but I’m too concentrated playing the game like always. But I dare to say that everywhere has problematic people. Brazilians just got his personal stigma, that is it.

1 Like

All I know is that brazilians wont stop shouting stupid and/or nonsense things on chat 24h a day and thats pretty, pretty annoying.

3 Likes

I’m a brazilian, so I can tell how most of these people think.
First of, this this an international server and just like most people here says, I also think that all players should speak in english, but you will see A LOT of Brazilians spamming things in portuguese simply because they know that most of the time someone from brazil will reply them.
Now the spamming thing I can assure you that they do this because they know it’s annoying and people will complain. It seems like they just like to do that to see people getting pissed. The best thing you can do is just ignore. The more you complain, more they will do it. I know that this is wrong, but the game let them do that, and they will do it;

4 Likes

I’m brazilian and I can say that brazilians hates another brazilians trolls.
Most of the brazilians just want to enjoy the game like anyone else. Brazilians trolls is the minority, but trolls just make so much noise.
I know there are so many toxic players in Brazil, but IP block just seems too segregative to me.

Please, don’t judge us overall. And please, don’t be such an arrogant american.

I’m sorry for my english. Yes, we do have english classes here but english is far from being a second language here like someone told before.

6 Likes

Well, I am Brazillian too, and I disagree with the op, even more because:

1. This is a international server.
  2. Other country players does not speak in their native language on broadcast. Why Brazillians would be an exception?
  3. I does not know if American are ignorant, but Brazillians does not knows limits and disrespect anyone that is not from their country.
  4. They spam because want attention.
  5. Remember the phrase “Do not feed the troll?”, the same phrase is valid for Brazillians when they are spamming on the chat.

This may sounds like I’m a hater, but no, I am not, I like mostly to see order and progress while playing
a game, but when I read the should box above, sometimes I see things that makes me angry, really angry.

I get even more angry when I see they provoking a mass discussion with foreigner peoples, writting obscene things and doing political jokes.

So, all I say is that Brazillians are not 100% right.

15 Likes

it’s less about their language they have terrible internet connections

1 Like

Man, I’d love to be playing with you. You seem one of the few brs that can speak proper english.

1 Like

English ver. not Portuguese ver.

4 Likes

Don’t call it racism. Just don’t. I’m brazillian and even I know that is just not polite to spam the chat in your own language, and that has NOTHING to do with racism.

4 Likes

And besides the matter of popularity, I’d say that English was “chosen” as an international language cuz it’s so damn easy to learn. Unlike chinese, or even spanish.

1 Like

People dont know “how to live” - “how to be a human”…
Their parents didnt told em, didnt teach em…
And they are not going to teach their own children too… Thats just sad…
Everything is about fun, friendship etc. in this game.
You are playing this as a CB-Tester, and your job is > testing the game,
not to argue about someone’s language, region and so…
English is not my native lang. too ( as you can tell ) I might use my own lang. or even something different If I feel like…

So, dont judge people by their country, region or anything like that.
a Human is a Human, there is no such a thing like
“XX country’s people are liers” or “XX country’s people are non-educated” etc…
Please dont… There are some people who dont even lives in their home, no parent, no friends…
And you are arguing over… “NOTHING!” ?
Be friendly… try to be friendly… or just dont bother… Its up to you.
But never harras. people. Try to be a good person. At least dont make yourself a “bad one”.

and yes, my English sux dont tell me! :sweat_smile:

Enjoy the Tree of Savior friends!

9 Likes

A shame that I’m American and I’m fine with Brazilians. As a matter of fact, a lot of players you could have spoken to that spoke English fine could have been Brazilian, just because they don’t mention their nationality, you may automatically suspect them as American or European or whatever else.

5 Likes

Funny, on Gabija most of the spam I see is in english… also xenophobia and racism, lots of.

8 Likes

I believe he was talking about it being racist to blame spam solely on the Brazilian population

1 Like

Too bad they don’t label your nationality beside your character, because I know quite a few games that does that, especially fps games love doing that to ignite competitions.

I have nothing against other culture, but if you’re going to speak in your native language on an English server, keep it off the public chat and keep it private between you and your friends. That is probably the hugest difference when Korean & Japanese players play on an English server, they have the manner to speak in their native language privately and speak English in an English server. I do the same when I play on Koreans server, Japanese server, and Chinese server.

It actually aggravates me when the ALL/Shout Chat is full of Portuguese… but then I don’t condone the extreme hate of some people on Brazilians. Both sides aren’t right, but one is more extreme than the other…

1 Like

People that haven’t lived in Brazil can’t understand that, in our culture (Yes, I’m brazilian) it’s fairly normal to say obscene things in any type of broadcast. Point is: Here, were we live with that kind of thing every time, we just ignore. And that kind of thing is slowly dying in our own country. Yeah, that’s some cultural thing, but you can’t just want to put something inside the head of a 13~16 year teenager, people around these age usually are hard to control in every country. And the teenagers in our country just do in the shout what they do in shouts of BR forums/games or even in the streets. This kind of thing will exist in the Latin American server, and by trying to talk with that kind of toxic people will just make them feel like they’re getting the attention they want.
Phew, just ignore it. It’s something cultural, even I say obscene things to my friends in the middle of strange people in the streets because it’s natural where we live.
More mature BRs (I have 23 years, just want to play the game, don’t want to get any attention, haven’t even used the shout yet) just play the game and probably have already get in parties with people that are shouting hate about them.
It`s like someone said before, ignorance in both sides.
(Sorry for the bad english)

4 Likes

“Oh the World Language is English. Oh i’m North American learn english till born. Oh they’re speaking other language it’s so rude. OMG why these monkeys speech another language?”

The brazilian’s guys keep spamming if your’s still flaming we know how is boring and no have another way to punish it maybe shout delay? Maybe megaphones high prices?

Idk i’m brazilian and keep playing i avoid the shout chat and advise you to do the same.

Sorry for poor english, thats enough

2 Likes

It’s pretty hard with the block list having a limit cap when blocking spammers (both English and Non-English spammers).

2 Likes