Tree of Savior Forum

Team Dex Vs Team Str ( Trash talking, discussion, roasting each other, math magician war ) Aka Debate STR Vs DEX

Rip additional 3x hits cyclone of 100-200k

I dont see anything with 100% frenzy uptime on the google translated notes though? was it on an older patch?

Ya thats gonna hurt, but overall i think dopple will remain good. But will be king of AoE and not be the king at bossing anymore.

Wasn’t Fencer always king of bossing? Don’t think much really changed from there.
Agree on that
Doppel just lose Sustain damage to single target over time but it’s a trade off to higher AOE damgae over time. I guess it even out nicely.

Iunno i think previously when u transcend the weapon enuf dopple would be better than fencer in bossing as well.

we will know when time pass. Heh. More exposure coming out of all the R8 now anyway.

Especially the huge whales that had 550% weapons

because they find Falconers useful as partners for Doppel, they buffed the AoE ratio of cyclone.

They don’t simply just love falconers.

TBH, that’s actually a fair trade-off.

lul cyclone aoe attack ratio 8. Very nice for my sw3 restraint.

this is from a traduction from a reddit user:
Barbarian changes

Frenzy - attack skills now increase frenzy. also Getting a new trait that increases the duration of frenzy even further at circle 3 each time you attack(likely 100% uptime on frenzy now).EDIT: Mistranslated. Barbarian attack skills now REFRESH the duration of frenzy, but dont increase the stack level. we now can have frenzy 10 up 100% of the time with the switching trait.
Embowel- now stuns targets for 2 seconds per stack of frenzy (1/4th the value in PVP- 10 stacks = 2 seconds of stun in PVP)
Stomping kick -Unclear on this one- it reads as if Stomping kick will now give frenzy stacks to the party? Edit: Stomping Kicks Area attack value increases by 2 per level of frenzy. (Holy fucking balls - thats 20-40 Aoe attack.... thats massive as fuck now. this might make 15/15 stomping a real choice)
Cleave - +10 Crit rate per skill level (+200 critical rate at max rank)
Helm chopper- Unclear on this one- Looks like its going to increase the stun length based on frenzy stacks, but thats not how the update reads; it reads as if its improving helm chopper stun rate based on frenzy, but that doesnt make sense since helm has 100% stun.
Seisim - when used with 5 stacks skill transforms to "Crag" or "Cataclysm" not familiar with this character, based on the word used i assume this means the AOE of seisim is going up by alot.
Giant swing - Deals damage to the target per revolution now
Pouncing - Stamina consumption reduced. Increased rate of stun to 6% per skill level, also gains an extra 6 % per stack of Frenzy

R.I.P Doppel (Trust me i dunwan to accept it too, i have been denying, but no…sadly its the truth, i ve read and exchanged opinion with ktos Dop player that spend cash to play the char myself too, i just gotta accept itos will get the same treatment soon)

(i know there are ppl still defending it, but tbh, those are ppl that has never done end game content with the char e.g. 20F or actually carrying the pt in 315 dun or etc, instead of being another useless “dps” carry that can be replaced by anyone.)

patch comes abit late where the game is dying and job reset is announced, all is good, just go dragoon they are way better overall in pvp and pve. (Doppel is shit in pvp and now pve is going to get rekt too).

But yea, itos is rlly slow in patching recently, itos dop still has a few weeks life before being thrown away back to R7 swordsmen thrash class, luckily Cata 3 Dragoon 2 is here, at least u can reroll for pvp.

p/s: the barb changes wont help make it better, more like a clown show, seism is still not true multihit, getting 5 hits strike with full feral <–cartar stroke 4 true hits still beats it and cartar stroke is not even good at R8 already…

Btw go watch the 40F solmilki boss with 67m hp ghost property and requires u to kill it in 5 min, the doppel inside with trans 10 +15 315 and constantly spam AA cyclone with glassmole failed too, after this patch lol swordsmen aint going to get a spot in solmiki anymore (just like back then R7 ET doesnt need a sword, Sword is joke). Magic does way better to Ghost property boss anyway (+50% additional dmg), while melee has to suffer -50%.

I understand the intention of IMC of balance the game(?), rank reset is here to save the day.

p/s: dont waste ur time argue with me, i only play this class and had every knowledge of how it works, trust me, even myself want to deny this fact and unable to accept its fate, but yea…doppel is dead in ktos, sadly…

Peace out, u had a good run my fren, from nobody cares (thrash) to good to god to now back to nobody cares. (Those who said stuff like “a good doppel will make the class work again” are people who dont care, this is why they can say it that way)

2 Likes

[quote=“akisera, post:1802, topic:321139”]
i only play this class and had every knowledge of how it works[/quote]
But if you know everything about doppel, shouldn’t you then have known that cyclone was bugged and that it’s likely that one day that bug gets fixed?

And down to thrash tier, it happened now, u happy?

Why do you think it is a bugged skill? Since the skill consume a period of time to finish, it is reasonable that attack speed affect the hits. And heck, the normal attack that increase the hit makes more interaction between players and skill. Which is fun. I started this game with a Fencer and switched my main to dopple at R8 because spamming 0CD is just too boring to my taste and a dopple with a lot of mechanism is more fun.

And unless they buff redel and zuken’s damage and AOE ratio by a lot, the 50% less damage on cyclone will make the class lose any hope on join in any end-game party.

I like playing weaker class actually. However, the hope they gave us worriers on participating in the end-game dungeon at R8 is now destroyed for dopple and this is not a good idea.

Well, is pouncing affected by attack speed? It’s also a duration-based skill, afterall. If your assumption “If a skill is duration based, then aspd should affect it” is true then pouncing should also be affected by it.

People are acting like dopple is finished for some reason, tho tbh when this happens IMC is quick to make adjustments.

Remember guardian nerf, me & most pelts said the change would kill the class. A few white knights tried to tell us pelts are still fine even tho we knew it would kill the class.

Then a week later IMC buffed it back up.

I only stated that it make sense/it does not feel like a bug. And pouncing has CC benefit, they are obviously skills with different intension.

a moment of silence to all doppel players

2 Likes

wkwkwkwk, how come it reach 200…when only level 15 cleave available in barb3

and damn IMC want me to buy another reset skill, so this is how they milk cash from player, by forcing player to reset skill every patch come

Cleave gives +50 crit already. 50+10*15 = 200.

@Akisera

You’re the egocentric “wannabe popular” genius here, Let all the Doppelsoeldners know how to get to 30k Physical attack from 8k on a Stage5 Gale Slasher with DoV15. On a legit way. Or maybe you won’t spoil it?

1 Like