Tree of Savior Forum

Team Dex Vs Team Str ( Trash talking, discussion, roasting each other, math magician war ) Aka Debate STR Vs DEX

You need 991 CRIT RATE fully buffed to hit 99% crit at the most crit resistant creature to exist in this game.

Considering Monstrance and Quicken and Finestra 17 (get the +2 spear for this)

With M + Q + F you need 524 DEX.

With M + F you need 624 DEX.

With Q + F you need 657 DEX/crit rate.

With F alone, you need 821 DEX/crit rate.

edit

This is for swordsman only. For archers, you need waaaay lower numbers but imma lazy.

Got the new values for the green gems.

New expected Dragoon cRate values should be 595 from equipment and Finestra17 alone for a total of 601 (76.4% Crit Chance) without any quests or collections done. Under Quicken, you should get 751 cRate (95.6% Crit Chance).

This is with Regard Horn Pike and using a Zega Spear to get Finestra +2.

You will have to adjust your DEX spreads to account for the new values (+24 cRate from Green Gems) or you will be overcapping on crit too much.

In the future STR>DEX ?
Now, DEX 100-200 enough for Cri 50-70% real?
All point up STR for future or little CON or none CON
Beause, Monter high lv +Cri res +Acc… Hard Dodge?
And,item +cri rate increase

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbyqEt2Nses

Or Mix 1STR:1DEX

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97fO4tDt4wM

Full STR
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_oVuLAS3DI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZfFp5RNm8M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjFBbCpHBHg

Could you trow in link ?

For current state of game new Red Gems more impactfull on the damage.
And if there will be no changes for STR/INT/DEX you get more damage building crit % chance with DEX and damage increase with gear.

Just wondering about this red gem, when you place it on Offhand, does it adds to your main hand weapon, or it stays on offhand weapon?

because if it only works on offhand, then it will be useless to place red gems because most skills only takes their damage from main hand.

red gems on offhand works on mainhand, it’s like spada’s PA bonus affecting off hand and other off hand secondary properties affecting main hand (like that new pistol)

In scope of [Magic] type damage Red Gem in main weapon adds to damage due to +[Max Damage] bonus if you equip red gems in off-hand they will add to [Physical Attack] only so no benefit for [Magic] user to have red gem in off-hand.
But yes this bonus is addative so you get this applied to basic/skill Physical attacks
edit
Wrong post. But Red Gems also add to magic attacks.

So is red gem better than yellow gem overall on doppel’s two-hand sword with or without highlander?

I am moving towards PvP builds, transition from PvE. (basically i dun need to farm more eqp now, except spilling silver for refine on shoe)

Dodge rate and Crit rate both stats didn’t get changed or raised for their headgears and gemstones after the patch, it is a more expensive stats to get now, alongside block penetration.

I am lowering my total dmg output in favor of dodge (fking deathrone) and crit rate as high as penetrating crit resist. Favoring HP headgears as i get a faily good 39.2k HP now without a single con invested, and raising my dodge as high as possible.

In a GvG situation, I am ignoring people with shield (block) as block penetration becomes harder to get and block stones got raised (blue gem stone for shield).

Fun fact: When you raise your crit rate (alongside quicken buff) exceeding 1100, u get to crit 80% comfortably on a FULL CON wizard char such as warlock/ sage/ enchanter.

Full dex is the way to go now…

Crit rates on gem is increased. Only for level 3 and up (level 7 + 8 more 52 now and level 8 + 68 for main hand)

Btw just a curious question ever thinking of stacking MDEF to make all those wizard cry? LOL. (it’s a fun investment)

Full con wizard deal 1 damage to 2.2k mdef players…

our stats are pretty similiar

530 dex 150 str 0 con

but my headgears are a lot better all give me hp + patk like 366~ p atk and 4.8k hp all together

that stage 4 transcendence is insane T_T

still working on stage 3

ps: i wouldnt even call that more pvp since u still fulfill optimum requirements for pve too crit rate sufficient with quicken and enough blockpen
i cant really imagine how your dps in pve can suffer from those stats

anyway i was full str pre rank 8 cause it was just better imo

but rank 8 changed a lot and now im rly happy with dex dps and survivability is insane also i can finally hit stuff in pvp xD

im happy with dex i dont even care if str will get buffed

im glad you do appreciate dodge now :blush:

according to some source. Crit rate goes through Block if Crit proc. the thing is, it doesn’t show Yellow damage, instead it shows white damage.

crit rate > crit resist = crit procs
crit procs = bypass block
damage shows as white, instead of yellow numbers

is this the same case on you? or just another presumption from unreliable source?

Pain barrier also turns yellow damage white. It will still stay up as crit.

Crit still can be blocked. (doesn’t bypass block that’s for sure even in PVP)

Still thinking about it, too…right now 527 STR, 79 CON, 131 DEX (with gear n stuff).

Even though I went the “old” route (SW1, HL3, Pelt1, DS3) and don’t have the barb buffs I think i’ll just use my stat reset potion and switch to DEX now.

And if all things fail I still got my other stat reset potions from founders pack…but damn this back and forth is annoying as hell…

it sure is. ;/ my templar on the other hand is still rip.

Right now it is scary how much better dex is than str. Unless they change str to help me survive better, im sticking with full dex for maximum evasion. It is obv they need to buff str everytime there is a new rank whereas dex is always relevant.

Full dex is viable atm becuz against physical you avoid 85% and against magic you can stack mdef.

you can never go wrong with dex. any MMORPG does that. Crit and Eva will always be cool and good looking.

STR might have its edge soon enough, but that doesn’t mean DEX will not be appealing anymore. as other player says, it doesn’t matter if i deal less damage, as long as i see yellow (crit) damage. i’m fine with it. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Well this seems to be the doppel thread i have some questions…
I have a +8 Flamini do I need another weapon for lvl 120 or can i skip 120 weapons and get the magi sword first?

And the ohter thing well i played a hoplite before and getting sick of the 100000 hoplite/Dragoon.
Do i have a chance for grinding partys or do i have to be a loner?

I farmed 6m silver which Attribute shouldi get to 50 first?
Hl>barb3 build.
I got catarstroke on 50 till now^^