Tree of Savior Forum

Team Dex Vs Team Str ( Trash talking, discussion, roasting each other, math magician war ) Aka Debate STR Vs DEX

That only applies to dragoon.

Dopple in this are the same as fencers.

3:1 or 4:1 at least on dex and str. Due to the fact these day you can just ignore CON unless you are into PVP.

Gems update + headgear update will give you suficent HP ( 30k + - )

You should hit around 350-400 dex (with some help of equipment) you can easily attain 500 and up

For example Gale Slasher gives you 30 + 15 + 44 + 44 crit rate just on gems and weapon ( can be more) + if we factor in Green gems that get updated ( prolly 10-14 more assumed number).

With just a decent weapon you can gain up to 150 crit rate. with 2 sissel thats 74 + 150 = 224. If we factor in Lolopanthers ( which is easy and relative to get now).

A 2 leather set gives you up to 46.

224+ 46 + 14(max peta) = 224+46+14 = 284

hm ye but shouldnt a dex build be indenpendent on crit rate gear ?
since in the longterm it will profit more from gear/cards/gems that raise p-atk or crt atk ?

for example does a dex build still have to use green gems ? i thought red gems were the way to go to gain more p-atk since by skilling dex the crit rate wouldnt be an issue ?

hmmm i will just go 100 str , 269 dex

it hink i cant go wrong with that when i see aki sera has 115 inv in str and rest in dexā€¦

ill just go the middle way in favor of more dex

btw. people say Devil is full dex 0 con 0 str and he is doing solmiki 30f

i gues block pen isnt really an issue after all ?

It differs from one to one.

Red gems are just a alternative only if you can ensure near crit cap or 85% crit rate without any issue.

As you can see i am moving cards away here. (cards 8 ella = 80dex/80 crit rate).

I am replacing it with 80% glass mole which amp up my damage way more.

Like dragoons and dopple comparision.

Do you need the red gems more or green gems more.

I would say dragoon need more green ( to ensure crit).

Where as dopple can go both ways. Red Gems are actually what i denote Max min. If you want to sacrifice 100 str > dex and go or red gems ( which infact give you more).

Block pen can be gain through levels and equipment. (yellow gems on glove etc)
So itā€™s not a big issue for Swords itā€™s more for archers. Who need a unreasonable high block pen to hit shielded mobs.

Basically spec your equipment to your BIS. (obviously it will change along time but do note that if you spec crit go all the way).

Itā€™s extremely difficult for str to crit at high levels. When you have nearly 0 dex.Which is a factor Losing crit attack, damage and crit mod from skills.

When the stats revamp itā€™s another case
( so far unless each point of strength adds 3-4 pd itā€™s does not offer more than dex)

btw what does BIS mean

and btw wouldnt it make the most sense just to go full dex just to get as close as possible to the crit rate cap and then just add on str later when dex is ā€œfinishedā€ in terms of future proof stat point allocation ?

but then again i dont plan on using worthless block pen gems
so i guess i need to invest in str to bypass hgih block monster

would this be fine ?

in terms of crit rate and not worrying about block pen ?

i dont see how to reach 670 crit rate without sissels lolo and crit rate gemsā€¦

which imo isnt the point about going dex that you still have to use this items

Best in slot aka currently best gear.

We can just add up str later if we have more dex.

The preference is more towards early where we have a little strength.
Itā€™s more for a safe sake where one does not want to respec as Strength becomes better or you want to be a little more useful at certain situation.

(Pre 1-7 ranks Strength is indeed superior due to no transcend weapons and 0 card damage scaling)

So pretty much we ensure our lost to minimal (crit damage ,attack and skill crit mod) which is why @elzera mention it as a future proof stat is DEX.

Thereā€™s nothing wrong with full dex or full strength. Itā€™s just that full strength as compared to full dex as of now in a sustain damage competition.

Full strength will lose out more. Until revamp we will see.

For now the stand is for meele/archer classes > dex priorities unless itā€™s a gimmick class or have ways to hit that kind of crit % without any investment.

Lastly will be str ( for Max min condition). With the introduction to new gems. Itā€™s no brainier they want to rework STR and INT

You want to ensure Crit rate to hit that hard as a fact. ( I believe you seen the corean Dopples)

Most of them have done multi resets and come out with Full dex ( as a fact because they do have level 9/10 gems) I believe same of them are using Mixtures to cover ( like 2 green 1 red or 2 red 1 green combi etc.) + awaken.

itā€™s up to your preference. If you are intending to invest fully On dopple. By all means go full dex it woulda be better and getting 3 Red gems lv 8-10 to cover the lack of damage.

Decent crit rate is about 75~85%. As this will ensure maximum efficiency
Since investing more is literally either too expensive or wasting damage. That is to say hittng ( 650 crit rate) by various means.

(also reason why people run Priest on new ET with Sage missile hole)

This is to cover magic (range) + Stone skin to keep the dopple alive. Also free monstrance + daino (if he has one)

oke so i have to reach 650 crit rate and im good to go thats all the info i need

chrono buff included in that or just myself from dex + gear and gems ?

Just yourself with dex and gears. You can include monstrance scroll if you want. (only if you donā€™t mind spending). Else itā€™s safe with that crit rates.

1 Like

thanks for all the effort you put into explaining :slight_smile:

My 2 cent from cleric sub forum (sorry off topic a bit)

if you consider PVP, red gem on weapon is more like a trap for swordies, because it also increase Max M.Atck and Swordies dont use Magic untill now

Oh the other hand, Inquisitor skill [Malleus from outer space] deals more damage according to your M.Atck, so your Red Gem IS Helping him to kill you :slight_smile:

insert Malleus from outerspace GIF here

yeah you right.

One is 20 sec, buf so no metter what it will be messed what will be first.

If you interested you need Critical Rate values on different levels to get to 50%, 75% crit chance for end game content. So assuming new rank have 50 levels step we get Rank 9 with 380 level cap and Rank 10 with 430 level cap.

• Level 380: 655 Crit Rate vs 200 Crit resistance to get 50% crit

• Level 430: 762 Crit Rate vs 250 Crit resistance to get 50% crit

• Level 380: 882 Crit Rate vs 200 Crit resistance to get 75% crit

• Level 430: 1019 Crit Rate vs 250 Crit resistance to get 75% crit

Stat points you get on level 430 are 429 + 39 from quest line.
It results in 468. If you invest in DEX you get 644 DEX.

10 :star: Green Gem in Solmiki Dagger results in +220 Crit Rate

So even get to 50% critical % chance is a problem. Hope for good equip that will get this done.

1 Like

@unicorntheshiny quick question.

does Crit atk gets modified by attributes? or any other modifier? or is it added total computation as final amount?

Yes only by attributes and T2 mods

phy / red (phy amp) we will term it here although get - off by defenses. It is factor additional 1.5x (crit process damage). if you apply sept and any thing else here it snowball better.

It depends on the target you are hitting but Red gems are better in general. Unless you really need to hit a specific number.

glad it gets cleared up. iā€™m leaning towards yellow gems for offhand.

I think I will really go now for red gems in my lion shieldā€¦180 p atk for my build is more needed than crit rate 57šŸ˜ƒ

7% Critical rate vs 180 P.Atk ?
Not sure about main weapon, but off-hand is Green Gem slot for sure. If you are Physical class.

What about an old build like mine? a1-r3-f3-m1 . Should I reset into full dex build with red gems and try to reach a decent crit rate with gears? Iā€™m a bit confused atmā€¦

DEX 434 = 500 Critical rate on Archer.
STR 98
Crossbow + Dagger. Dagger with Green Gem and Crossbow 2x new Red Gems.
Bandit, Silver Hawk or Solmiki Crossbow

1 Like