Tree of Savior Forum

Team Dex Vs Team Str ( Trash talking, discussion, roasting each other, math magician war ) Aka Debate STR Vs DEX

That will prolly be full dex O_o… without gear and cards. (370 invested)

^ (does not apply to hoplites) Just general

if i recall correctly Devil is actually Full DEX invested. 0 STR and 0 CON. well, it is a good investment in terms of ‘future-proof’, as level increases, you’d need to spend more points in DEX, but then you are already full so you won’t have to bother anyway. so it’s still a safe path.

(with the reset potion for tomorrow, i will be running ET for 3 days with 10pts STR difference, just to know the same amount of block pen to bypass those hogmas)

oke what is worth more

x8 ella + 2 sissel + gems get crit cap with dex and put rest in str

or

full crit cap with dex and go for different gear and gems ?

well are you thinking about solmiki too ?

minimal DEX with the rate of 70~75% chance (other 20% will come from party buffs, no need to cap yourself at 99% crit chance) as for numbers, i am still again not good at it too. lol

It’s up to your choice of play.

Mostly will switch out ella for GM
(on party esp with krivis these day Taoist are hot stuff)

Glass moles last (almost 37-47 hits of your whole cyclone 6(sec))

You can still run sissel to get crit cap or phada for aoe + crit damage + PD or you can run glad bands…

Dex open up your choices to fill in the blanks.

Simple as that.

You won’t need to Really cap it ( 991 crit rate) you just need a rough number of 670~760

Highest monster crit resist so far is still one of the mobs around 206?

With this number ( you are assume to be high dex most of the time) monstrance is a free +10 dex +(your dex 1.3 x dex).

Quicken is 1.25 (so with quicken you are already near cap) assuming you are 670. Most mobs still lurk around 175 crit resist only.

OK so let me put all the info together

it is harder to cap crit rate through gear than it is to gain p-atk
= you put points in DEX because the stats have more “worth” in the longterm aka future proof

with a chrono in your party you need a critrate of 670 to have enough crit rate and can use the rest of the points freely preferebly STR

DEX allows you to use different gems and cards which might prove to be more effective dmg wise

did i get this right ?

ps: what if they boost up str/str scaling skills up so hard that suddenly str is way more powerful in terms of pure dps ( ofc the crit rate cap will never hurt to have also it grants a lot of survivability to invest in dex)

not exactly, but yes. the point is still the same.

you mean if Skills now also scales with STR the same way clerics and mages does? if it does, it will have a great boost in damage output. the thing here is, there are some modifiers that amplifies other modifiers as well.

example:

1. 1k p.atk modified by 100% + another 100% = (1k p.atk x 200% = 3k P.atk)
  1. 1k p.atk modified by 100% times another 100% = (1k Patk x 100% = 2k P.atk x 100% = 4k P.atk)

example number 1 is additive modifier which adds all before modifying, while example number 2 is multiple multiplier which applies after other modifier affects:

PS. my terms are different from what they use in spreadsheets but i think you get the point.

need @unicorntheshiny for confirmation on modifiers as i am uncertain of some.

Big up to my good friend Weaponz who gave me this Gem! You are a true Amigo!

Get 50% Crit rate and then go for STR, but i prefer CON coz it adds much more survivability.

Not sure if there exists this kind of modifiers, all of them seams like a total sum. Could be wrong in scope of Different multipliers like Race,Element,Armour Type.
e.g. If you have [Smite] it will deal +100% to [Devil] type race and if this mob got [Plate] armor type it will deal +50% damage and expected something like ((1000)x2)x1.5 = 3000 but as result show it deal 2500

Actually it is 500, in this case you will get 50% crit on targets with 100 Crit Resistance.
In case of [Quicken] crit bonus you get another 16%
In case of [Monstrance] crit bonus you get another 21%
In case of both 35% bonus crit %, resulting in total 85% chance on targets with 100 Critical Resistance.

With new updates we probably want Red gems in weapon.
But it’s quite hard to get 500 Crit Rate with only DEX, so if you want consistent damage you probably need to have high level Green Gem in sub weapon/shield. 10* Can save you 120 DEX points. But cost is really big, 1946940 any materials, if they cost 150 each it will be ~300kk almost impossible to get those, also there seams not that many Alchemists with lvl 10 Gem Roasting, so not that rewarding.

• 3x6*Green Gems provide 106 Crit Rate
  • 2xSissel +74 Crit Rate
  • Max Petamonium +14 / Solmiki Necklace +40
    So total result from equip will be 194 / 220
    Having this you can invest only 236 points in DEX to get total 306 points.
    But going for that onle and only 10Green Gem seams to be a must have for Rank 10 due to dramatic crit rate loss.
    In case of Solmiki Necklace + 10
    Green Gem in offhand + Sissel you get
    40+120+74 = 234 and also you get 2-3 Gem slots free in your main weapon.
    Also worth of mention that having 500 Crit rate will result in no loss in the value due to 500 gets 125 and 150 bonus as integer from [Quicken] and [Monstrance]

This values valid only for 330 level.

why is it hard to reach 500 crit rate from dex alone its only 369 points which are available at 330

I’m playing a hop3 doppel dragoon2 that is also wondering if I should go green/red/yellow gem.

I’m playing with a priest friend luckily so I will have access to Monstrance, but probably not Quicken.

My calculation is base on mobs with 150 crit resist on average (just my random assumption, using the highest crit resist just doesn’t seem right as I will not be fighting those mobs most of the time).

I will need 935 for crit cap. With two sissels (74 crit) and finstera (150 crit) I will need 711 crit. After monstrance (1dex = 1 crit, so just -10 and divide by 1.3) and max peta (14), I still need 525 crit, which is not achievable with full dex.

In reality, I am probably going 50str/50con/267 dex (assuming 38extra stat from quest/statue). So my raw crit rate is only 347.

If I decide to use red gem, my crit rate will be:
347+14 (peta) 1.3 + 10 (monstrance) + 150 (finestra) + 74 (2sissel) = 703

~70% crit against mobs with 150 crit resist.

Is this good enough crit chance or should I boost more with green gem?

If this is enough, would yellow gem (+ crit atk) actually better than red gem?

CMIIW
but crit att was add after the formula, but red gem was add before the formula
so red gem will always be better than yellow in weapon

359 points results in 511 DEX, so you can go full on DEX, but i am also fun of CON and HP so it’s not a way for me.

Everything that results in 50% and more crit chance is good.

For dragoon high hitter you will be looking at 85 ~ 95% crit with party plays.

Your skills have huge damage potential so not invested in dex is a free 1.5x damage flying of.

I would go for red gems only you can hit 800~ crit ( assuming you have chrono) else no lol.

Also monstrance scale to DEX not Crit rate.

Which your calculations are misleading.

Monstrance do not provide 21% crit if your dex is low.
Some characters do have 500 crit rate while having lowwe amount of dex. This case. Hoplite3 = 320 - 350 dex ( 500 crit rate)

Assuming that’s 500 dex in place only then monstrance you provide you this much. but do you really need 500 dex. The answer is actually no.

Quicken does only provide 16.6% to be precise if you have 500 crit. Against 100 crit resist, but there are many mobs more than 100 crit resist these day.

Crit resist is high up to 200 now taking the average of high 320-330 distributed mobs it’s 150-175.

Level 8 gems are easy attainable if you have multi characters that go TBL and farm daily abrasive please scroll up and read. Ignore the pass trash talking

Also not to forget Monstrance and quicken are snapshot. The bonus infact.

Casting monstrance + quicken is better than quicken + monstrance.

So assuming you do have 500 cit rate with 350 dex

With monstrance : 500 crit rate + 115 = 615
With quicken: 615 * 1.25 = 768

This will lead a 500 crit rate to hit 150 crit resist at : 78.65% crit chance.

1 Like

Add in part 2.

Now why do i say casting of snap shot buff is important?

As you can see for a 350 dex dragoon. Casting snap shot is extremely important.

Why?

Assuming 350 dex dragoon goes for quicken first.

This will lead to : 625 crit rate with quicken first then add in of monstrance

625 + (350*1.3 + 10 - 350) = 740

That’s 28 crit rate missing a level 5 gem + -

Simply cause all this add ups alot. That you are squeezing. Obviously you can opt out and get a desire % crit rate.

BIG hitting damage needs them to be at least 75% independent

Dethrone. for example >>>

Skill level at level 5 >> 16570

A crit will mean 16570 * 1.5 = 24855

A No crit will means 16570

A dragoon 2 crits 2 hit will mean a 3rd hit for dethrone. This is before we even factor in attributes.

im confused again in one post you said i should aim for 670-760 crit rate
and now you say 500 crit rate from dex are not necessary ?

how am i supposed to hit 670 crit rate if i dont use sissels and go full dex and without having ellaganos cards

as a barb3 doppel 3