Tree of Savior Forum

Team Dex Vs Team Str ( Trash talking, discussion, roasting each other, math magician war ) Aka Debate STR Vs DEX

dude… I followed your advice on DEX build and actually made a nice char, of course I am not full DEX Shino but High DEX Mid STR Low CON.

Not claiming my build is the best, quite sure I can’t win against Silvermore’s clan (same server and already in war with them once) but it’s fun and actually hold its ground in its own

Anyway, thanks for your tutelage on DEX back then

1 Like

Oh heyyy, rly? Our guild is inactive now… planning to reform. Cheers btw.

hi, i dont have shinobi character, but i glad you enjoy your character.

its sure is important to understand your choice, know the role you’re playing, and make good decisions.

rather than blindly follow some fotm meta

cheers~

1 Like

ayyy but as long you know what you are doing.
Like for example going INT swordsman for lulz. Well i don’t think any one can argue with it.

Basically as long as you are enjoying and passing time just like any other playing a video game.
Then again don’t go crying why people condemn you due to the fact generally most players do see the outlook/first impression =V.

More important key is enjoy the experince through the game .

1 Like

yea, no one here forces you to play and DO what we post. we are just giving out some Facts and Reality, might as well Future casualties from going this or that path. that’s the whole point of this thread.

Unless you came to brag your achievement like saying BE LIKE ME !! cause those trolls are SH*TS! to be honest i’m tempted to reset my Doppel to take DoV as my main skill, but here comes 330 WB Blud/nuale which can Debuff a player. one of the reason why i didn’t take DoV due to it as an active Buff. (not PERSISTENT buff like Retreat shot or those buff in-line with tokens)

~ouch

edit1: @Silvermore i borrowed a friends Doppel account with DoV lvl10, does it really refresh every use? everytime i re-use the skill the stack resets to none. if this is working as intended then it’s not 100% uptime.

Not sure, I rarely observe DoV where it would matter and currently have only lv.2 of it, since as I said I’m rarely the dps of my party, I mostly keep guardian up, have the agro stick to me all day and keep my dps friends away from danger/boss’s face. I might reset to maybe 5 DoV once I got my overkill evasion setup (currently 800ish with plate, aiming for 1100-1200 with leather) and do further testing.

Meanwhile, a fellow INA player who’s also playing in kToS since the dawn of it, shared a doppel vid of his kToS friend. 385 dex, 0 con, rest str. Not sure why he used eki lumai 2hs, and the number doesn’t quite add up, with +15 and 150% transcend, I calculated 1800 max atk, that squire enhancement seems to be 112, so 1912, but it’s 2080 in the vid, ideas?

[EDIT] Just realized if I put that squire buff into the 150%, it adds up to 2080 exactly (495+225+112)+150%. Which is absurd, but lol.

Hmm, so HL2>Barb2 is still a very popular path in KR? Interesting

wow just wow, thats really nice yellow number

Yeah, and with 385 dex, omg he must be one son of a theorycrafter, had it not for the sword on the back, I would have guessed he’s an archer. :stuck_out_tongue:

*terribly sorry, couldn’t resist

It’s working as intended, Stack buff refreshes/ reuses refreshes the whole buff as a instance.
Which is the same case applying to any stats buff like thau Transpose. Frenzy stacks of Barb.

Often they have interaction issue with divine might causing stack buff to reset to 0.

Yup Barb is taken for cleave mainly and HL for skyliner and cross cut.

yeah I know but I thought most rerolled after the skyliner nerf making hl2>barb2 less popular and gave birth to more Barb3 / HL3 builds

Yes thoes are all factoring primary buff.

Which makes us throwing silver to sink on weapons to get it to at least +10…

+10 onwards --> 15 is a difference in base of 90 PD, and so for… when it multiplies up it become extremely big.

100% for 90 = 180 etc. factoring in % damage and crit dmg = DEM DAMAGES. ;<

Trascendence is just overpowered. It just takes RMTers to get to stage 7-10 and stats won’t matter anymore. I mean, look at that damage using an average 2H sword. It’s not that rank 8 gives a better damage overall, but getting constant crits(DEX) + trascending your weapon it’s better than pumping all on STR. Even though, you still need block penetration for PvE/PvP.
I wouldn’t be surprised if trascendence gets nerfed percentage-wise. Go figure the damage of a Stage 10 Solmiki 2H sword on a dex build.

It’s just silly don’t u think? Squire buff is temporary while transcend is permanent, the buff should be something that’s applied after, not get mixed in something permanent, but hey, I’ll take it lol. Still waiting for the dank update to hit here…

I still do see some pretty impressive HL 3 around though. more towards sword >HL 3 > barb > dopples

tfw there was a vid one of the skyliner hit 120k per skyliner on leather targets… it’s kinda amazing.

barb3 is still lacking imo. the burst out damage isn’t as big as HL3 actually.
I mean frenzy and warcry is nice but it just doesn’t win big burst HL2 and the setup is a little too long. Even with the recent strength scaling and additional damage from warcry.
Unless you are going for prolong setup battle. It might be better this way. Who knows since most of us had not reach that indept level of prolong battle. Most WB do die within minutes… (2-15m + hp)

Pouncing cd is still way too big. Until they totally re-balance the whole offensive skill for barb. Barb is kinda weak at late as compare to HL Burst.

i know, that’s how spaghetti codes work sadly.:sweat_smile:

it should be applied as a secondary affect than closing in on base scaling…

[quote=“NotVau, post:1085, topic:321139”]
I mean, look at that damage using an average 2H sword. It’s not that rank 8 gives a better damage overall, but getting constant crits(DEX) + trascending your weapon it’s better than pumping all on STR. Even though, you still need block penetration for PvE/PvP.[/quote]

Actually even block pen is kinda meh for strength right now as Star gems on glove + weapons do give more than invested strength though if you are going into the max min path… you will still need that added strength.

For those who want optimal dex with party setup (monstrance and quicken)
Try and hit about 340-380 dex. (this only applies to General swordsman please deduct 150 dex from hoplite as they have free finestra i regard that as the most OP skill you can have as a buff in swordsman)

Yeah personally I like barb more for the stuns not the damage.

But anyway if you tried the new pouncing it’s enough to rival a full HL slash rotation with 32 hits, but yes, the cooldown is long.

But as you see, even 385 dex still gets a lot of white numbers, it seems there won’t be such a thing as yellow numbers everywhere due to the level decaying nature. I agree that transcend is absurd tho, it’s like a lazy solution to empower your build, instead of balancing the classes and how they scale. Nerfing the % would get people raging tho, count all the salus runs for the stones… Oh well.