Tree of Savior Forum

Team Dex Vs Team Str ( Trash talking, discussion, roasting each other, math magician war ) Aka Debate STR Vs DEX

What do you mean? The current damage ranking is bugged?

wow much wow
no priest but those healing was like everywhere
and 2 owl

and that block in helga, is that stone skin buff?

For PvP, is it even possible for STR to be meaninful at R8 as block pen? With new items granting +CON and +Block, I imagine we can’t keep up investing points in STR and will need block pen items.

It’s not, it’s just different from the older versions (like in his screenshot)

It’s not that meaningful imo. You can get it off more from Yellow Star gems on gloves and weapons in future. Stuff like archer finisher already had 52 block pen as a addiitona stat.

So yes investing STR is actually kinda meh in total.
Where block pen and Physical massive damage comes from gear itself.

Meanwhile crit rate is 404 not found. Suggestion would be get comfortable crit rate . and invest the rest as additional damage treat block pen and evade as “bonus stats that come along your investment instead”. As for evade it’s a free plus and you will cap it on PVE assuming you have pelt. Else your total evade running on leather with high dex is around 900

1 Like

I think he has comprehension issue.

bye you won’t be miss. I question your intelligence and your comprehension level.

Because STR side start to falldown now, I will switch side.
Do you consider Full STR no DEX build in SW3. Because SW3 you have 0,56 bonus damage each hit with Concentrate and Crit damage equal to STR. So 450STR yield 585 flat damage, 450 crit damage and 252 flat Concentrate damage. That world be 837 flat damage and 450 crit damage, only in SW3 perk.
You would say that Crit damage is useless w/o crit, but Double slash have 35% crit chance, and believe me like double shot, It might be like: If the first hit crit, the second hit will crit too. So it would be 62% crit chance for double slash only.
Combine with fencer 3, x2 crit damage, it would be whoping 900 crit damage. Not to mention the slash bonus of lunge.
Beside, not many 3k+damage skill have the cd below 30sec(execept that deathone, you SOB) , so you have to rely on lower circle skill as filter, which is nice if you are: Multi-hit; OP flat damage; bleed…
So the damage come from concentrate will come handy as a bonus.
Losing 300 evasion from Dex can be cover by gear and evasion bonus of fencer skill.
So may be STR fencer can be a little extreme but might be viable.
Your thouhgt?

edited part Double slash is a true multi hit it can basically crit 2 hits or 1 hit depending on the crit rate it procs.

I have seen some STR fencers, but due to the viener fix and EPEE being level 7 i highly doubt that your damage can meet high dex/ low str ones over time.

Your damage is much consistent but eventually it will lose out when he start doing heavy skill Criting at 80->100% crit rate type with Fencer circle 3 the damage is outrageous on crit.

For example a full rotation on Fencer with EPEE gives you up to 1.1m damgae if he crits fully with a viener 100%. As compare to i am pretty sure i saw a strength one before about 900k and then chasing up during Epee down time…

Str builds benefits way less when Epee is up but the thing is consistent damage through out.He went for spada instead. which offers more damage which is the correct choice.

To match Viener + dex build damage. It even outs at first. Then the chase on Dex builds starts once Epee is up again. Basically STR damage over time will lose Dex builds whenever Epee is up. Unless your PD on Spada goes over 200% where Epee is unable to catch it then it will be effective for strength build. Only applys to fencer…

Basically for Str type variant to match a Dex type with + 2 skill. You need a additional 200% investment or up so it make up the lack of crit damage modifier here.

TL;DR version
Dex will win for sure. Str is not too shabby but it will be lacking for fencer type variant.
Strength type also require more investment than dex type to win dex type fencers

Additional issue. for Dex type you will be locked to + 2 skill weapons. This is the critical part i believe people want to know.

If you are fine with that by all means. Pick your poison

but in siaulai hitting furniture or any hit-tower-20times-to-break, Double Slash cause 2hit to it

im wrong?

1 Like

hello guys… i came across this thread late and a already put 79 points to str… issit to much or can i go dex from now and maybe 50 in con? im planning to use ellaganos cards too… im making a sw>h3>b1>dop3 for pve

go dex from now on

any amount of str is good for swordman anyway

1 Like

No you are not wrong.

Fake multihits and real multihits are still the same hit count visual

So it does 1 damage x hits to all structure for real multi hit.
You can see visible damage drop of 2 or more if it is a real multi it

As for fake multi-hits it will only reduce the hp by 1 even with 3 lines of damage

Edit for clarification.

The issue here is with fake and real multi hit is.

Critical damage and elemental damage are counted each time each hit.

So if your critical damage + 1k that means you have 1k * X hits in total damage compare to fake multi hit = + 1k thats all.

Also my bad on this as Double slash is a real multi hit appearently.

1 Like

what huehuehue master siad.

Str isn’t bad you will still need it for just sufficent block pen.

if you are making h3 b1 dop3 go about 80-100 invest base strength
then high dex, 35-100 in con is up to you.

That’s the heavy most effective PVE build for now on dopple consider transcend weapons are avi to get.

Wait what? What about the +9000000% rank bonus on rank 8 9 10 on STR? Isn’t DEX crap and only for archers? Oh wait, did you reroll archer?

Effin blunder. lel.

1 Like

you are still in the early part of the game where stat doesn’t matter that much. you can continue investing more on DEX to catch up. you will benefit a lot from it when you reach 200++ levels…

still a no for me, why? future-proof, Rank 1-4 skills aren’t that good (swordsman 3), there aren’t any super OP skills that would be a part of your skill rotation in future, thus, leaving these circles a choice just for buff or supporting classes.

yes it is true that, you’d gain better scaling for concentrate, but that is very minimal to sacrifice your STAT for the future. 837 flat damage and 450 crit damage isn’t even an inch for skills that hit more than 10k each. and this gets doubled when it crits[quote=“hng.ngc.minh, post:818, topic:321139”]
Losing 300 evasion from Dex can be cover by gear and evasion bonus of fencer skill.
[/quote]

evasion is also an added bonus for taking DEX, it is the Crit rate that matters.

DEX benefit everything up to the end game. and like i always say.

-unless some miraculous update for STR stat mechanic is done. its nothing but a fancy STAT almost good for nothing.

@akisera dude, i even sold my +15 magi ths, with 19crate awakening, and x2 *7 green gem, tryin to get my hand on +15~+18 vienie twin blade. with magi my crate are 542.
@elzeraus already said dex are more “future proof” because you cant COPE with str once skill damage reach like 5k+ damage. (+50% damage on crit)

“dex 3:1 str on rank 8” but dex are crap for sw, even you hit YELLOW EVERY WHERE W/O 1 single point invested on dex. why you go 3:1 dex str in R8? GO FULL STR DUDE! go for 700+ str, and 0 dex for R8.

@elzeraus nope, i already give you vids,and my achievement. never go DEX on SW especialy dopp, dex are TRASH! right @akisera?

Here some insight for you.
My stats @ town w/o buffs.

With +15 magi ths.

You transcend +13 magi ths? here another insight.

+11 and above VTB are much better than magi.
ss credit to @Talon112

remember folks, dex are trash for sw (esp doppel) dont EVER go for dex. go str as our mighty dopp @akisera.

wait what? pls dude, DONT EVER PUT DEX ON DOPP!
go with 0 con and pump more str!!

1 Like

this guy knows how to burn in evolved form. i want to give you some cookie