Tree of Savior Forum

TBL changes are good, BUT

They don’t (Missile-type skills) i tested it… The tooltip and bonus appears even with those defenses equipped.

Yes, i meant status bonuses sorry.

Ofc, in pvp.

Missile isn’t an attack type. Archers have Arrow, Gun, Cannon.
But I guess you are right in a sense that there’s no Cannon/Gun/Arrow defense stats so there’s no way to remove the penalty.
But that’s a different problem.

1 Like

sees 30+ comments on thread

turns out to be some strike-defense circle jerk with nothing to do about TBL feedback

:tired:

2 Likes

Err, and when i say that i was referring to all 3 types that are missile don’t see the need to be so pedantic about it… so archers and wizards take advantage of those bonuses and they can’t be reduced different from swordsmen attacks on PVP.

But anyway not to derail and changing subject some bonuses to damage are pretty ridiculous specially shrink body, with the wizard rework it would be even more cancer. Just watching some korean streams even full trans 10 they get one shot by some skills because of the debuff.

It’s just that you said you’ve tested it and I don’t think there are items with Gun/Arrow/Cannon defense bonuses so no way to actually test it.

1 Like

Shrink Body requires CC before being used. If you got Sleep or CC’d by any high % DPS class you’re pretty much instantly dead in most cases if your defense isn’t huge. That’s a problem on its own, it shouldn’t justify to buff damage in TBL.

In any case, maybe it would be better to make Shrink Body attribute doesn’t work as well in TBL in the end.

There are a lot of thing to revalance but please first fixs the positional lag that were introducted in the last big patch. There were always positional lag isues but not as evident in TBL like they are right now.

The TBL time range of 4-6PM EST of Klaipeda / Orsha is useless, no one plays TBL in that range of hours because of work/study or another reasons, they need to move that range to another time hour.

A good incentive could be costumes with time expiration for the top rankers (7 to 14 days something like that)

just want to ask what is the reward for doing tbl now?
last time i remember im doing this for the cat earband … lol

If you match once (win or lose) you can talk to TBL npc and get a daily TBL box which give randomly attributes stats point (100,500,1000), enhancement cards (300) or enchant scrolls.

oh… ill miss this reward haha…
the new reward seem… not limited xd

yeah those rewards were moved to Uphill Defense, which no one runs unless IMC makes an event that revolves around it.

They don’t seem to know much about tbl itself. They initially listened to people and implemented cc immunity and diminishing returns. In exchange they implemented froster lord thats even more cancer than the cc we experienced before. Getting frozen for over 6 seconds by EVERYONE not just cryos.

Melstis even with nerf to max durations is still broken when paired with ausrine as it removes the ability to destroy the statue and remove the buff.

Blind faith everywehre now. Damage can’t be reduced at all and paired with froster and everything above.

They seem to take a step forward with good changes and then take 3 back.

If everyone has something, then it is balanced, so I don’t care about froster lord too much.

Blind Faith will get toned down for TBL most likely it is really strong right now, but it is a great counter to whales.

Im actually fine with melstis and ausrine at the moment. Melstis should not affect Revive in TBL and it will be perfect.

It’s not really fine though. The whole point of the patch that introduced diminishing returns and immunity on cc was to tone down the unlimited never ending ccs and allow the game to play out. Now it’s worse than before with froster lord. This thing shouldnt last more than a second or 2 at most.

Blind faith I agree good way to delete whales, but still it need a nerf.

I agree with melstis not affecting revive, my concern is that is removes the counterplay to ausrine which was destroying the statue. I’m fine with everything else besides that.

The only time I get deleted during a full freeze is vs krivis3/zeal2 so that tells me the problem is with blind faith and not with freeze.

Well that and lancer2 combo, but swordies need some love :tired:

1 Like

Though you also need to consider it’s general effect on variety of classes and builds not only considering the ones that can take hits like yours. What about other builds specially archers who can’t endure more common skills/combos in that 4 second window? In their case both blindfaith and frostlord would be a problem not only blindfaith.

IMO, blindfaith needs to proc on physical attacks only, that way damage can be mitigate through evasion or block. It’s quite logical since zealots have physical skills to begin with.

As for frostlords, move to purple change then max proc to 3% each card and duration of 1 second without diminishing effect while retaining the immunity after multiple proc, so it will work like an interrupter rather than CC which adds fun rather than pure annoyance.

2 Likes

You either have close to overgeared stuff or u haven’t tryed TBL at all
ToS TBL is reduced to gear and 1hko anyone who isn’t overgeared/full con
I still remember videos of schwarzer reiter whales taking down entire teams with just limacon

The point of it isn’t if you can survive being frozen or not. No skill in any game should cc someone for 6-8 seconds, ever. That’s just bad design and on top of that apply it to every single attack possible from any range possible.

It just makes the game not flow well and anti fun. There’s not counter play to it and it just became become a froster lord perma cc sht fest. They’re reverting all the great cc immunity changes by adding something even worse on top of it.

Except most games revolve around 6s CC being the limit. A 6 second CC in this game is actually fairly tame, considering you can be CC’d for 20 seconds by certain other abilities.

There are plenty of counters to it, it’s called invest in some defense. You literally have people arguing some ridiculous point in this thread while wearing gear from 1.5 years ago. It’s not expensive to transcend armor, anyone could do it. They just choose not to, and then claim that “TBL sucked a year ago I got oneshot all the time I uninstalled why would I TBL now” when they’re just too lazy to put in any effort at all or even queue on something which would elegantly counter the most obnoxious things.

edit: I’m actually just here to bitch about the TBL times as well. @staff Literally no one queues from 4 PM to 6 PM, and a 10 PM start time is just a little too late for people on the US east coast, which I’m pretty sure makes up half (or more) of the people on Klaipeda.

1 Like

In case you didn’t read my response which state it’s not about surviving the freeze, it’s about ruining the flow of the game. Matches last a minute and half that time is spent not being able to move. No game should have these cc that last so long, that’s why they have been removing them from most games including mobas. Again, it’s not about surviving a freeze, it’s about the anti fun that is being cced for so long. There is a reason they put cc immunity and diminishing returns in the past update, this reverts all those changes comepletely.

Again, not about surviving, it’s about reverting the changes they made. One step forward, and 3 back. Also, just be tanky is not a counter to being cced with every attack possible at all times for 7 seconds. That’s like saying well the counte rto everything is just be tanky, you’re not addressing the problem itself. I can sit there without taking damage, but keep being frozen from the other side of the map by a sr and that ruins the game. Froster lord is just bad design. Go into any other game and suggest to implement an item that will allow 7 seconds of cc to every class on every and any attack and see what response you get.