Tree of Savior Forum

TBL changes are good, BUT

Thanks for making some good changes to TBL but there are still a number of concerns that need to be addressed. Here are my TOP3 in no particular order.

• Times are still out of wack with server population. 4-6PM EST on Klaipeda/Orsha is a mistake. I would recommend just merging the two and make it 9pm-12am EST.
  • General lack of incentive to do it. The rewards are minimal, ranks disappear periodically, etc. I would recommend having some nice rewards to TBL content like it used to be with PVP points. Also, instead of showing a rank that resets weekly, give a rank for accumulated points and have it show all the time.
  • Random Queue This is a HUGE problem. Discouraging team play in an MMO is the last thing you want to do. Most people will not play because the match is already decided when it starts. Most people want to develop teams and compete along with their friends. This is CRUCIAL.

Fix these, and add some objective-based PVP such as capture the flag or king of the hill, and you will have the makings of a good pvp game which will attract people.

6 Likes

My suggestions:

Ranked TBL:

• personal gear
  • 1v1 class locked (ar vs ar, sw vs sw, cl vs cl, wz vs wz)
  • 3v3 fixed team

Unranked TBL:

• standardized gear
  • no point system
  • 5v5 random queue
10 Likes

Well if the comments in this thread are any indication, no one cares about TBL.

I have asked some of the community in Klaipeda about TBL, and for the most part the concerns are with the lack of incentive/rewards for doing it.

Also I know plenty of people who simply won’t play unless they can build their own teams and play together.

No one will bother organize a team to get destroyed by mastercards,if anything, make standardized gear+premade be the ranked one.

2 Likes

I would, I enjoy challenging my self against overgeared people

This game has enough tricks and gimmicks to negate any gear advantages given the right setup

Premade TBL will be nice

Can’t wait to play against 3 bokor3ora1kaba3 :tired:

2 Likes

This. Gear is always a major source of imbalance in PvP, no matter what game you’re playing. On top of that, one of the biggest issues with PvP populations happens when newbies decide to try it out, get wrecked in their first few matches by players with better gear, and decide to never come back.

Blizzard actually made the right move when they all but disabled gear in WoW PvP. Classes got preset stats and gear now has a minimal effect (0.1% per item level so a player with a gear score 100 points higher than their opponent is only 10% stronger).

1 Like

pre-made teams could be a different kind of pvp content and would be nice. and ye tbl needs better rewards and more value to ranking.

TBL needs to be random imo, but imc could make it like 1 of each tree(cleric, wiz, archer, swordie) in the same team allowed, to avoid 3 clerics teams and other weird combinations :smile:

ofc this only works with enough people to play it, so we’d get back to the better rewarding point to begin with.

These changes wasnt good at all and I’ll explain why!

Since 3v3 I’m seeying the tbl comunity getting smaller and that’s because there’s no challenge at all.
Mostly players has no reason to do tbl and I’ll explain in topics right now:

No Rewards

The rewards to do tbl is smaller compared to what we had before “the uphill points”, would be better if you gained points that could be exchanged for something, more like TBL points and nice rewards too, could be implemented special rewards for people in top 10, not so big, but cool to have, like fashion items or special points to fashion items, like wings or stuff, could be pets, could be silver or attribute points, but something that isnt random chance to get.

Unbalanced

Even before the nerfs I was getting 1 shotted for cannoneers and if my character almost all geared was getting 1 shoted imagine the ones that doesnt have a nice gear, it’s pathetic! And nerfing the %damage just let people that didnt do so much damage doing less and if less players is able to have fun, less will do tbl.
The way to fix this isnt making static teams because imagine if the top geared ppl in the server got paired together? Isnt an unfortunally coincidence that 8/10 players are even from the same guild, so what I propose is:

• Random teams, but with the class restriction, like 1 wizard/cleric/swordie/archer.
  • Default gear, everybody using the same gear and having the same stats regardless of lvl or normal gear, could be the old 2 practs and it will make people that really has play skills to be better ranked instead of a dumb rng decided +something weapon that just 0,1% of server population can have.

Doing this would be fair for everybody, the guy having the first match to the one that does tbl since it started.

And that’s all folks \o

Where are the casual 10vs10 and 20vs20 battlegrounds with specific mission objectives (domination, ctf, e.t.c)?

Mostly people would crash if it happened, reminding the GVG times, people used to lag as hell inside, people with good pcs, the people that had bad ones just froze like me xD.
Tos optimization is bad and they have no structure to handle more than 10 persons in the same map at all.

That group would get trounced by an actually balanced one. I remember when people in WoW were joking about 3v3 arena and thinking that 3x rogue would dominate, how wrong they were.

Some caveats regarding the improvement of TBL:

• People invisible out of nowhere, my whole server has commented on this.
  • Knockdown of some falconer skills and some summons skills are not being reduced over time causing infinite knockdown to happen again

This happens because of the netcode, I am sure you have heard the term ‘desyncing’ thrown around, it is similar to that. It happened alot during the halloween event, where if you jump-cancelled a move or auto-attack your character would appear as invisible or like they are phasing around the place quickly.

1 Like

i want tbl can meet to all ppl across servers, is that possible ?

Yeah that is just standard desyncing nonsense we are all familiar with when it comes to this game’s netcode. The problem is that cheaters know how to trigger it intentionally.

On the topic of balancing TBL. IMC just gave every class in the game a 15% chance to freeze with x3 Froster Lord cards making cryomancer irrelevant. Wheres the balancing in that? Imo Froster Lord card shouldn’t work in TBL.

aw yes froster lord cards cuss zealot 2 totally need easy appiled cc thx imc

It’s a potent card in PVP and PVE, but also a huge damage loss. The loss of Glass Mole/Chapparition shouldn’t be underestimated.

Still, even with diminishing returns, it’s probably a bit too strong in PVP.