Tree of Savior Forum

TBL changes are good, BUT

Already do that and already compare with other “Defense type” … and yes it’s wrong.

EDIT: other stats do not matter, i just replace the bottom part between the two dmg tests.
Solmiki defense (1748) + Strike-Defense type (99) = 1847
Other pants = 672
Diference on defense: 1175
Diference on damage: 2,1k (60%)

Do you really think the diference of 1175 defense will reduce 60% of damage?

This bug is older than new dmg formula haha

haha post your stats haha

Is the same weapon vs the same defensive gear (1175 less defense in secound dmg test)
stats dosnt matter

That is why the proc chance and duration has to be reduced also, since by definition it is a utility card. I really wouldn’t mind 9% chance to freeze for 1.5 sec with glassmoles/chappa. Marionette w/ froster is even more cancerous right now.

Wrong. I know it’s not your intention here but STOP spreading misinformation in every single thread you post.

If you have NO IDEA AT ALL of what you’re talking about - be humble, say you think it, don’t affirm it.

@aleparadisetos

Here’s how Strike Defense works:

A -> 0 strike defense = +25% bonus strike damage because you’re wearing plate armor.

B -> Strike defense 99 = +0% bonus strike damage because even though you’re wearing plate armor you’re negating the bonus

Please note how A has the Strike +25% text while B doesn’t.

It’s an advantage of Solmiki set usage one piece of armor negates the armor-type weakness of that set - but doesn’t reduce it further.

Now we ask ourselves: What happens when you have those Primus gears with 250 on all defense?

Nothing more, you can only negate the bonus - the damage isn’t reduced further.

I tested this with different gear though (primus with defenses vs blue without) but I think the damage wasn’t increased enough for having further % reduction higher than the bonus. You might want to test it properly if this is really important for you.

I’m fairly sure that’s how it works.
If you have +100 Slash/Pierce/Strike def, you will get +100 to your pdef if you get hit by an attack of that property.

Did you test it?

I tested and it was otherwise just like we can see in the video, only the bonus removed.

Tested with others type defenses and only Strike seems to have this issue.
Its a bug

1 Like

It’s not a bug, it reduces only the bonus and nothing more.
The reduction is % based because the bonus is % based.

Try changing the Top Armor from Plate to Leather or Cloth with similar defense value and you’ll have similar damage results showing that only the bonus is removed.

All the guy had to do is post a proper test with a proper damage calculation and see if things fit.

already tested with other top type and with same result.
btw, this only happens with strike dmg / strike dmg def

1 Like

How was your test?

The reduction is % based but no higher than 25% (which is the bonus).

Or do you get % reduction even when wearing Leather or Cloth? < This shouldn’t happen.

My test was:
Equip Primus Top Armor with 200+ on 3 type-defense.
Get someone to attack me with Strike gear = 0% strike bonus.
Change into Blue Top Armor without type-defense.= damage isn’t increased high enough to be higher than 25% and defense lost.

-> Conclusion: You can only negate the bonus with type-defense. It even removes the Strike +25% text.

Did you notice a different behavior on your tests? Can you explain how did you test it?

I play with strike class since r7 and lolopanther pants did the same but reduced the bonus from 50% to 24% and solmiki to 49%~ which it shouldn’t since no other elemental or attack type defense does.
I remember i would do no damage to someone using any top other than plate and lolo pants. Its more noticeable if you have really high attack and playing murmillo because of cassis crista bonus.
I recorded a video, i will put it together and edit here later.

2 Likes

I have Lolopanther Plate since R7 as well but I always used Plate with it. I always saw it as a armor set that negates its weakness.

But let’s try to align things and see if we can get enough info for a bug report (or to understand what happens).

This is the info I have:

1. Is the damage sure reduced by a % range instead of flat? Yes.

2. Can the reduction be more than 25% Strike bonus? Not sure.

3. If 2=Yes: Is the reduction only applied when you have other type of bonuses or reduced even when no other bonus is applied? Not sure.
    (As in: Does it negate Cassis Crita+Strike bonus only or does it reduce damage even when you’re not wearing Cassis Crita - as if it reduced bonus to -%?)

4. If the target wears Leather or Cloth does the damage gets reduced? Yes (from what you said).

5. Do the same happen if you use Pierce-type attacks against someone wearing gears with Pierce-type defense? No (from what you said).

6. If 5=No: How does reduction from Pierce-type attacks on Pierce-type defense works? Not sure. (Added to defense before formula like Memester said or flat total damage reduction?)

So if it’s only Strike that has the behavior - yeah, it’s a bug. (And probably not the other way around since like Di3rn said the damage is reduced a lot.)

If you have no other % bonus damage (not even Cassis Crita or bonus that are related to your own skills) and the damage still gets reduced that’s a probably even worse bug (too op with 4 primus gears summing over 800+ strike defense).

If it only reduces the bonus damage via formula (by being reduced on the bonus damage part) the it’s probably decent behavior, yet old or wrongly placed mechanic.

I hope this clarify/unify the information we have and serve as a guide if someone wants to write a proper bug report to avoid ambiguous information (try to avoid passing the impression you’re mixing sets, try to make the conditions clear to what happens and what does not happens :x).

Sorry, my experience was always with Strike defense on the defensive side and always using entire sets (so Lolo Plate Pants+Armor in the past).

The test I did might not be a proper one since it’s mostly noticeable on higher p atk. My bad on that one too.

Yes, 99% certain that’s how it works. It’s easy to test and that’s the only test you need to do to see if the strike thing is bugged or not.
I don’t have strike def gear but with slash def that’s how it is after a quick test.
1001 pdef, 173 slash def vs 1665 - 1748 patk (slash) after a couple dozen of hits the damage is 125 - 134, which matches the formulas
min: 1665 * log10((1665 / ((1001 + 173) + 1))^0.9 + 1) * 0.2 = 124.69
max: 1748 * log10((1748 / ((1001 + 173) + 1))^0.9 + 1) * 0.2 = 134.79
The values are small but you can always retest with higher patk.

2 Likes

Just a question out of curiosity.

What happens to the Pierce/Slash +25% text when the target is wearing Pierce/Slash-type defense gear? Does it stays as +25%?

(The result of this is a great visual feedback for bug reports.)

Oh yeah, right, it does reduce the armor penalty. I tested slash vs cloth with 30 slash defense and the text said Slash +10%.

It’s:
penalty = penalty - (type defense / 2)
What I didn’t know though is that the armor penalty is actually applied to your base def (without type defense).

Basically, let’s say you wear cloth with 525 pdef and 30 slash def, the penalty will be 10% (25% base minus 30 / 2 from slash def) and it will reduce your base pdef of 525 to 472.

2 Likes

Why I got flagged « by the community » because I said I uninstalled the game ?
Lol

1 Like

It’s not only that. The current balance between class is unfair af (and it probably won’t change considering there are so many class). Put normalized gear and it will be even more cancerous than now because only a few meta builds will rox in PvP and people obviously gonna take cancerous build because they want easy win, not skill to win. Also normalized gear would reduce diversity of build in PvP. Current state allow even “rainbow” builds to do well in PvP. It needs more balance indeed, making transcendance and enhance even more nerfed, but believe me you don’t want normalized gear in a game like this :slight_smile:

1 Like