Tree of Savior Forum

Taoist Skill Abuse

Although I was not able to get the chance to get a screenshot. I would like to inform you that Taoist can abuse their skills to Cloak People during World boss Battles and Steal people’s cubes.

Just saying, IMC should better fix this exploit =.=…for those who are Taoists who can make a screen shot out of it, I could use some help here :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t have a Taoist to show that it actually happens. Anyone have similar experiences? It was a crowded fight…

You know you get cubes from wb base on the top dpsers.I don’t see how the taoist amulet stealth skill can steal cubes lol.

They got at least 1 person in that group that was the top dps or maybe all 5 and denied everyone from getting a cube.

Either way let’s say it was an exploit wich I don’t believe, you still need real proof for IMC to even peak at this thread.

Good Luck proving it —b

2 Likes

I didn’t mean that the amulet can steal the cubes explicity.

What I mean is that, when the boss was almost dead, and you get cloaked, your DPS ranking get reset for those that get cloaked. Pardon me for not elaborating. I just tested this on Mercenary Mission and you can pretty much remove their DPS rank by cloaking someone, ofcourse in using fade, I removed my rank in the process too.

1 Like

Isn’t it confirmed that fade, cloak and other means of stealth doesn’t reset DPS count?!

Pass me a link mate, no offence, I’m just that clueless and I’d like to read up abit if you don’t mind. I’ll keep trying to test it too on my side. Tell me what you find if u do test it though.

I did a quick search on Fade. This are the two that I found that seems relevant but, as it shows, they are both outdated. But they’re claims, and I think the I agree on the first article. On the second article I’m having a abit of hard time trying to find the main point on the article so I’ll continue to re-read it or maybe search another article.

#1 World Boss PSA: Fade WIPES damage contribution
#2 World Bosses, and what you should know approaching them (Updated 9/20 - Fade myth reproven)

Currently trying to understand this quote, although outdated From the second article “• September 20th Edit: Skills that wipe aggro (Fade, Cloaking) wipe damage contribution towards a boss. This mechanic is, somehow or another, unique to the boss (dungeon, mission, field, world) ranking system.”

On the same 2nd Article Post made by Veritas: Near at the end of the page

"[Edit: Fade and Cloaking and skills similar do wipe damage on bosses. I conducted the tests on a field elite whose ranking system is different than bosses, which created a discrepancy.]

Sitting and recovering HP still seems to wipe DPS rating, as evidenced by a test where no ranking was received after attacking and resting, despite still being in combat by the game’s standards.

After running a few tests with @Vheissu it seems that as soon as you exit combat through this timer, your DPS rank will reset. The short of this is that if you wait too long (maybe you’re running around the boss or something) your DPS will reset simply naturally. Always be attacking, or sponging damage."

Either way, like I was just complaining. Its just the feeling I was getting that it actually happens. Not claiming it is a 100% fact, just stating that I’m believing on their claim. Since it is out of date, it can easily be falsified by the recent updates…so any lessons can help.

pouncing used to wipe dps regardless as long as you activate pouncing it resets the dps for that player but that was fixed.

A easier way to test this is under dungeon instance/world boss is find those that no one bother to hunt them and test it out.

I strongly believe dps ranking is similar or tied to gimmick/ world boss.

Demon lord /World boss might be a little different as rankings and total number of players who can obtain the cube can be more.

I often seen up to 7 parties getting the cube.

Most likely instead of DPS ranking now adays it’s more of inside the party whoever or do you have a player who inflicted the “amount of damage” (simple to say damage threshold) will be able to get it.

The ranking just so your contribution of damage.

As for Fade, Cloak and Taoist dark sight we will only know if we test it i guess? (my taoist is still waiting for my miko)

anyway good luck in your testing.

You can get cube as 6-7th DPS rank in Gimmick World Bosses such as Templeshooter. I already got once (only once, since I wasn’t in a party and got there very late and still got cube somehow and other person outside party claimed to get cube as well).

I’m pretty sure that now with the combat timer, Taoist dark sight won’t remove your damage contribution.

Yea as long as you did amount of damage threshold. Dulla only have up to 6.

Oh. Fade does wipe damage contribution (testing in dungeon boss). So lel.

fade @ 300k had a dopple who always no 1 , archer no 2 on fade. Archer bursted spike shooter turns no 1 at the end.
doppel does exit fade immediately with the archer together using AA

Another pt member dragoon (turn unranked)

thanks for veryfying

It works as it’s intended and I don’t see any abuse in there…
Getting your damage counter reset also happens on death afaik and even if it might feel like griefplay, there are far worse skills one could uses like icewalling someone e.g.
In RO, the Soulllinker was able to quadruple the attack of any monster he wanted, so some MVP battles against a Soul Linker became a total horror. Just be happy that we don’t really have that option (aside from Thaumaturge if he wants to boost the monster with his Swell Body attribute).

Death doesn’t reset your Damage counter. Unless you can’t make back in time.

1 Like