Tree of Savior Forum

Talked to my Bank. They are more then happy to do a Charge back

1. That information (the fact a majority of the South Americans migrated to Orsha) was not clearly listed on steam. Orsha and Klaipeda are both listed as…nothing. Because the servers are on the east coast logic dictates that they are North American Servers. They still are unlisted English Version servers. Many people join the game AFTER the founders launch. Not before.

2. The South American “transition” to Orsha was unofficial, listed only here on the official forums. I only learned of it after popping my DLC on an Orsha character. Thinking it was a North American low pop server (because it is).

3. I’ve been targeted and follow across multiple channels because I speak english. Having everything I was attack KS’ed over and over again. This was frustrating to say the least.

4. I play a Priest. I’m literally a class designed to play in a group only to find out I get kicked out of most groups because I don’t reply in portugese. Only time I don’t get kicked? I make the group or its forced via a dungeon mechanic.

5. I wouldn’t feel this would be my final and only options if my nine day ticket wasn’t ignored and the reply not a bot response.
    I would have been happier them straight up telling me “No.” instead of giving me the run around.

6. I’ve already talked to steam to give them a heads up. Steam account will suffer no ill concequences from this.

7. This is also very unfair to our South American players. They’re ping is pretty bad on a North American server from what I’ve been reading.

8. I’ve purposely not spent the “dlc” TP. incase a transfer was an option.

I would be too ashamed to go to the bank and tell them the story off how I am a little douche, being retarded, can’t read and all that stuff.

This, is the only part I feel sorry for you.

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

i highly doubt that especially in such a minor thing

in germany banks work this way: as soon as the money got sent and arrives on their bank account its gone - nothing your bank CAN do unless its the very same bank and they first address the issue to their customer (aka you send it from “bla bla bank in bla bla” and your money arrives in “bla bla bank in bla bla” and not “blupp blupp bank in blopp blopp”

i highly doubt its different in other countries or people would scam all day “hey i just bought a new car guess what my bank gets my money back haha noob car seller”

direct debit works a different way - there you got 4 to 8 weeks time to get your money back by a simple click in your online account

“They are more then happy to do a Charge back” ya sure they are super happy - cool story tho

It’s also almost definitely a blatant lie. I play on Orsha and haven’t received literally a single bit of hate for it. What he said in English was most likely the issue here.

1 Like

They will lock your on steam account for doing that.

Unless you don’t want your steam account anymore, I would recommend not doing it.

So someone set this straight for me…

Orsha is basically the unoffical SA server?
Khlamydia is the core, mostly NA server?
And at some point in the future they may will have an SA server. Will it BE Orsha?

Someone told the BRHUEHUE’s to stop all-capsing their megaphones and they basically blew him out of the water, stuffed with BRHUE swearing that the (OBVIOUSLY) English-centric game was not designed to filter out.

Can’t go a day without a 9/11 joke because someone tells them to FO, including English speaking Portu.

Actually, I can confirm that he/she is correct.

I live in the United States and have discussed similar issues with my bank over 2 years ago and in cases like this, you can make the argument to the bank that the company you did a transaction with (in this case, IMC) did not fulfill their portion of the deal or mislead the buyer into buying something different than what was intended/expected and if they agree with the argument you present, they will get your money back for you.

Now, that isn’t to say 100% one way or another that the argument made to the bank is true and I can’t confirm if in this specific case a bank would allow a charge back. But it is possible. An argument just has to be presented to them and they have to agree to your argument with whatever evidence you present to them. It is up to them on if they agree or disagree with the argument you present, but they will indeed do it in certain cases.

In my case, I purchased a game that was in beta as single-player only and the developer of the game promised there would be multi-player functionality added when they released the game a month later. Once they released the game, they announced they had decided to keep it strictly as a single-player game. When they did so, I took that to my bank and they agreed to do the charge back.

So yes, U.S. banks will issue charge backs for downloadable games at the request of customers if you present an argument to them and they agree with the argument presented. It doesn’t matter if they are the same or different banks. It works entirely different than in Germany. In the U.S., it is more a case of what they consider a breach of purchase contract.

To use your purchasing a car example, it’s more a case of “I purchased a red car and they gave me a green truck. I want my money back, this is not what I agreed to buy!” <— in a case like that, you would also have a very reasonable argument to get your money back.

-edit- Also, there are posts from over a week ago where others have confirmed they have done charge backs and their bank has okayed it:

Yes. The racial tensions are a huge issue. My proposed fixed is here: Why Orsha should be tagged officially as the Latin America server Please bump if you agree with it or at least to discuss it.

As far as 9/11 jokes, let’s not pretend there aren’t a ton of Americans making them as well. They love 9/11 and ■■■■ jokes. I don’t understand the appeal of such formulaic humor, but to each his own I suppose.

All these white knight lables…

Just because an argument doesn’t oppose the official stance doesn’t make it any less effective as an argument.

Stop the white knight this white knight that nonsense.

It is no better than throwing black knight labels all over your face as well.

2 Likes

You requested a server transfer 9 days ago. Didn’t they just announce you can apply for transfers 4 days ago?

Anyway, that sucks. I wouldnt want to be on orsha either. Id be pretty upset if my founder stuff was on that server and i couldnt move it over. The only way you would have known it was the unofficial SA server is if you read the forums.

I want to add though, at first there were no server transfers. They said something along the lines of “If needed, we will add more servers and offer a transfer to the new servers” They never once said they would allow orsha > klaipeda transfers.

XD im sorry but i laughed way too hard at this than i should have

1 Like
  1. Steam will not lock an account for a charge back. They will limit it in terms of about to buy new stuff just in case there was an issue until you contact them. Steam already knows the charge back will take place.

2. German is not the United States. Our banks work different. Many of our states have something called Lemon Laws. I didn’t even need to apply it for this situation.

3. I requested a transfer to a different server Nine days ago after I was harassed for over an hour for speaking English. I requested to be moved from Orsha to Klaipeda because their original FAQ said founders would get one(1) transfer. They changed their minds on that. Adding only to EU or SEA servers. Pretty much screwing anyone and everyone who wanted to move. Since I’m a North American English speaker, I wanted to be on the other North American server where English isn’t a problem.

4. As I’ve said a couple times now. I would have been pissed still, but I wouldn’t have gone this far if my two nine day tickets had actually gotten a reply instead of a bot response “insert link here.”

While everyone else is too busy being a ■■■ with “ok bai” this guy raises valid criticism and the more people who say “yes im leaving the game” within a month of it going out actually says something. Its not so much attention as it is “hey you are ■■■■■■■ us over, we are leaving but you COULD correct this ■■■■”.

Just picking up and leaving wont do ■■■■. Telling the company why you are unhappy can.

This game needs to region lock, needs to undo retarded trade/ah policies and allow people to transfer out of places that are not correct for them. Why should this guy or others be subject to be stuck in a server with their non transferable dlc where their language is not even spoken. There was no “hey btw the BRs took over this server because they cant into regions and so by making this character here you are screwed”

They did not lable or show anything that would help people make a better choice on picking servers.

The amount paid for practically any of this could of been spent on almost any other MMO and had LESS issues. Hell most people could of spent the money on WoW and had a far easier time but they didnt want to. We all had hope for this game and it seems like we are getting jewed very hard at every step.

Criticize my language if you want but the facts remain the same.

2 Likes

Thanks for the snag Tyler. I have to use grammarly because of work, it’s the dumbest ■■■■■■■ program out there for english.

IDK if those first 2 were for me or not…

So you requested a transfer when they weren’t available yet? Anyway, here is what they said:

“That being said, we will consider creating regional servers later down the line if we see enough support from those regions. Most importantly, we will be offering a 1-time Team transfer to regional servers if and when they are created. Only 1 Team transfer will be offered to each Steam account.”

What did the reply say exactly?

1 Like

lol ok. idk y i laughed so hard at that, but it really made my day

They send me a link to the Transfer information page for the EU and SEA servers.

Greetings Savior,

Thank you for reaching out to us again. For details on how to transfer your Team to a new server, please read the details on the following link;

https://treeofsavior.com/news/?n=370

Once you have read the details, please proceed in requesting to transfer your team.

Regards,

Tree of Savior Support Team

If that page was an option for me I wouldn’t have sat on the phone with steam for 3 hours waiting to get ahold of someone. You know support is bad when STEAM’s is better.

Would you rather them have just said “Sorry, we aren’t offering orsha to klaipeda transfers”. Wouldn’t have been much different.

the quote i made in my last post shows what they originally said about the transfers… which meant only to the new servers.

I want to add. I tried to just do a DLC transfer instead, but once it’s “claimed” it can’t be moved. I still haven’t use the TP from it.