Tree of Savior Forum

[Swordsman] Special builds

There you get it. Both quotes are from this thread

Unfortunately Garrnett is right:

It is High Guard that needs to be level 6 or above in order to have these attributes that raise Umbo Blow and Rim Blow damage. This means you need to have Peltasta c3 to get this.

Yet the attributes are unlocked when you go Peltasta C2?

No, I don’t want to argue with you or anyone else. Just think it over, and let Flash, Fate, or any other KCBT testers confirm it.

I’m done with outdated data.

what is the best character…or easy to play newbie players? :persevere:

any suggestion ?? for newbies chacters?

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Another reason why Corsairs is badass… Slash + Stab normal Dps is king. I think this fair because highlander gets amazing Critical damage boost…

will it be viable to be a shield type swordie but with high (if not, decent) atkspd?

imma go ahead and bookmark this

could you please make a damage build that can tank (atleast in grinding)

p.s. i didnt read all of your post before posting this

The only way I can see this build working is with Swordsman c1 -> Peltasta c1 -> Hoplite c3 -> Doppelsoldner c1.
Doppel for the Deeds of Valor buff that increases attack speed.
I think there’s already a thread on this in the General section

Any build with Peltasta c1 + Rodelero c3 should work.

1 Like

Is Bash and Wagon Wheel can disable enemy characters or just monsters only? These skills are kinda slow for pvp… the impact is 1sec. after casting. What if the target is running?

Add: How does stiffness looks like?
Thanks!

I got this one to barb c2, i could solo more or less with ease till mage tower. I distributed stats in STR, CON & DEX equally (STR a lil higher) but I felt like I was lacking dmg. How would you do stats on this build?

im doing that “build” with 2 str 2 con 1 spr and its works fine.
If you want more damage you can switch to 2h sword.

Don’t you have hard time hitting stuff at higher levels? Also, what made you add SPR: MDef or additional mana? I was tempted to add SPR, but around lvl 100 I didn’t have much mana issues. Your stat distribution makes you much better tank then me. Now I’m thinking about 4 STR, 3 CON, 1 SPR and 1 DEX xD

What is your main dmg dealing skill? I did Cleave and Frenzy. Thrust was for enemies weak to poking, but I ran out of mana fast (on early levels), and I used Peltasta shield dmg skills and weapon swap to hammer for enemies weak to strike. Did you level Plate Mastery and do you use Vubbe Gauntlets (with your build it seems like you would be better of just equipping higher level gauntlets for additional Accuracy)?

Sorry for spamming ^^’

Atm im using siesm>helm chopper>cleave>thrust
Hitting is not a problem, i think i have enough damage to kill stuffs. Yea mage towers its a bit hard but i can survive more with high spr and deal more damage block of armor pen.
Im a plate main and yes high lvl cuffs for more accuracy.

With this build i have 3 stun skills ( siesm/helm chopper/ umbo blow) 4 damage buffs (concentrate/ gung ho/ frenzy/ warcry)

I think SwB is useless if your going for warcry. Its buff gives +hp cap for a shor time, what is useless.

Do you use peltastas C Shield Block? I almost never use it and I have a feeling like I’m missing out on something. I couldn’t find any posts or guides on how and when to use it and how to time it. Only place where I used it (efficiently) was on Barbarian promotion quest xD

Im using it a lot on boss fight. Sit in front blocking everything. You just need to notice their atks and block it. Pain barrier will help too with some knock back skills.

seeing that templar is going to be a swordsman class tree at rank8, any good suggestion for a build to get me there?

we still don’t know what skills a templar may have, but to fit the roleplay i had in mind that may be practical in gameplay, how about this?

1. 1H Sword + Shield Highlander build:

Swordsman c1 -> Peltasta c1 -> Highlander c3 -> Centurion c1 or Doppelsoeldner
Doppelsoeldner c1 -> Templar

because

• i can use a shield and 1hd sword, which is my preference
  • probably dopple because centurion may be a bit hard to play
  • templar so i can make a guild

would this work? or is there something better?

From what i heard peltasta and swordsman are not worth going deep into. As for rodelro not sure.

peltasta c2 has high guard, is that worth going for?

Do you want to play a tank, or just semi-tanky dude with shield for added defense?
Better check this and choose what ever suits you till the Templar rank:
review-mini-guide-swordsman-all-classes-and-best-builds

But think about the Templar first: Do you have any friends that will play this game and could you pass the Guild Master responsibilities to them? Just going 1 rank Templar seems to handicap your combat progression and we still don’t know will it be obligatory for a Guild Master to go more ranks (for some added guild content or something).