Tree of Savior Forum

Peltasta / Full Tank, What Everyone Think about it

Hmm …
So the conclusion had to be made right ?
is it worth the time to play as full tank ?
what do you think ?
XD

This is a full tank gameplay. Yes it’s KCBT but the skills are the same only exp is different. The tank is REALLY useful to the party by giving buffs via campsite and food table as well as provoking mobs for the AoE damage to happen all at once.

Thanks Garrnett …
Btw do you get the key for iCBT ?
What are you playing right now ?

Yeah I have the iCBT key. I’m playing a Pyromancer atm and it’s fun but I’ll probably try different classes once I get to rank 3. I also level very slow because I am taking things very slowly. :smiley:

I am a Peltasta on iCBT my build is Hybrid equal str, con, and dex… So far so good. I can dish out many enemys and peltasta have a good tanking skill even if you have a low con… just press C on keyboard if you learn the guard attribute.it will block almost atk of your opponent.

1 Like

I am a full tank Peltasta. They are great in party play because of swashbuckling. Also if you go circle 2, your Umbo Blow skills gets a 250% boost when using high guard. I sometimes do 1000+ damage w/ Umbo blow after blocking w/ High Guard on.

1 Like

Yes but are you a full CON Peltasta? :smiley: if not, you’re never going to be a full tank :smiling_imp: NEVER! jk but in all seriousness, Umbo Blow gets a 250% boost? seriously? That’s OP.

Yep, Highly considering staying in Peltasta instead of going into Hoplite. Decisions decisions…

On another note, I’m either going Peltasta3 or Hoplite3 depending on how useful a Tank is in higher level zones. Wondering if the system will lean towards something like Guild Wars 2, where Tanking is a possible thing, but no one does it in PvE as they could just move out of the way or heal it off.

I am enjoying the class, though it is one of these classes I feel that is best played in a party, if only because of how terrible Peltasta is for soloing bosses. The damage is ridiculously bad and the mediocre SP pool doesn’t help (you can’t sit close to a bonfire to replenish it during a boss and SP items aren’t worth buying imo).

I am wondering if it is better staying in Peltasta on rank 3 or going Hoptile. Question: If I go Hoptile, can my character still wield spears after I advance her to Rodelero?

yes its kinda op on a lvl 40 rank peltasta i almost do 2k umbo blow with lvl 4 attribute on it

At… at least I still do a lot with fire ball… the only skill that actually does damage at circle 1 pyro…

Squire isnt exactly a Tank class. Its a support class. Any DPS can also take the Squre class.

1 Like

As a lvl 42 Circle 2 tanky Peltasta I can say I was hugely disappointed with it. Unless they nerf blocking, as it is now you’re 100% invuln to all physical attacks from the front while holding block with only a few attribute upgrades. All you get for tanking from going 2 or 3 ranks in Peltasta is high guard, more ranks of guardian, and more swashbucking. High guard has a 30 second duration and a 1 minute cooldown and is really only useful for big numbers on your two offensive abilities. I personally find spending sp on a move that makes all your damage neglible just so you can blow even more sp on a couple moves for very good damage not as good as just getting better sustainable damage from other class choices.

So unless they change the stats as they are in cbt or the relative values change drastically on higher level mobs (both of which are likely) just one rank in Peltasta gives you all the tools you need to take 0 physical damage.

Also soloing bosses as a tank Peltasta is the true grind of the game.

2 Likes

Peltast + Squire would be good support swordman…

@Garrnett so are you finding a lot of hidden quest ? Considering you played it slowly …
@redcloud521 and if it is like that, i am wondering , isn’t it better to max all the str ?
@WatchGintama OP !!! Mob hunt should be very easy … Any suggestion for me if i am not playing as a full tank ? Cause i see barbarian class are flashy … lol
@Reila i think it would be funny if full tank job take a solo hunt … But from what i see in twitch, do we need to solo bosses ?

So, do you guys think this class would be appropriate to use at PVP or Guild War later on ?

Don’t get me wrong, I am not saying a tank should be able to solo a boss with ease. I only mentioned that because solo players should probably not choose to be a Peltasta if they want a smoother experience with the game :slight_smile:

To be fair, I feel like the bosses in ToS aren’t designed for solo play anyways…

I would hope that I’m finding all of the hidden quests I can. I’ve been clicking every NPC and every thought bubble on the ground that pops up. Of course hidden areas seem to be harder to find seeing as I found a level 100 area in Crystal Mines (someone else found it before me during a twitch stream but I never watched it)

Hidden bosses and quests don’t seem to be that difficult to find… unless these aren’t hidden quests and just side quests

@Reila I got your point, and yeah i think they made this game not for us soloing all the time… i just not so sure that peltasta can get into pvp and guild war … i just not yet see their full potential i think ? Considering there are too few people played it at twitch … Not lucky to try it myself yet … XD
@Garrnett GoodLuck Garr, that’s the point the game is made ! EXPLORING !! ADVENTURE !!

Btw guys thank you for replying me, you guys are so kind, and want to share your experience in the game with me … My account is my real name devies … You can call me that … Nice to meet you guys …
And hoping we can play together later on XD

As a highlander/barbarian im really envious of peltast’s swashbuckling. It’s quite hard finding nicely grouped monsters together.

1 Like

I am a full con peltasta in KR. 95 con 12 str and doing 2000+ damage.

Edit: level 64 btw

1 Like