Tree of Savior Forum

Peltasta / Full Tank, What Everyone Think about it

@Reila I got your point, and yeah i think they made this game not for us soloing all the time… i just not so sure that peltasta can get into pvp and guild war … i just not yet see their full potential i think ? Considering there are too few people played it at twitch … Not lucky to try it myself yet … XD
@Garrnett GoodLuck Garr, that’s the point the game is made ! EXPLORING !! ADVENTURE !!

Btw guys thank you for replying me, you guys are so kind, and want to share your experience in the game with me … My account is my real name devies … You can call me that … Nice to meet you guys …
And hoping we can play together later on XD

As a highlander/barbarian im really envious of peltast’s swashbuckling. It’s quite hard finding nicely grouped monsters together.

1 Like

I am a full con peltasta in KR. 95 con 12 str and doing 2000+ damage.

Edit: level 64 btw

1 Like

You sir or madame are magical. I don’t know how you’re doing so much but that’s amazing.

although translating that to iCBT is another issue with the grind

Umbo blow has an attribute that gives 250% attack when using high gusrd, and additional 20% per attribute level. I can block everything and then dish out 2000+ damage with umbo blow. I think I may add points into rim blow because the 250% is just too good.

Not really a tanky build but we need some skills to grind/pvp right? :smile:

2 Likes

Everytime I party with highlanders and barbarians they just plow through mobs before I even have a chance to gather them up. Swashbuckling is really only useful solo or with cooldown heavy classes like mages and clerics.

Well, in solo play im still envious. Or in a party of two.

I’ve noticed it too, but for bosses its nice since you can pull em off party members.

1 Like

Anybody figure out how to use Guard with a gamepad?

Isn’t it “Y?” You also have to have the attribute from Peltasta to guard if you haven’t already gotten it (just covering all the bases)

2 Likes

Yep. It’s “Y”. Turns out it was a problem with my controller. Lol. Thanks

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

I dont know if the skill depends on str… I have equally distribute my str, con, and dex… but next time I’ll try to make str, con and spr for non stop umbo and rim blow… sprit add magical defense too. ill post a video relating on how much dmg you can deal with umbo high guard on… I deall 2.2k to 2.4k and I am lvl 50 peltasta with that skill.

I went full tank with my Peltasta, I reached around lvl 35.
Now solo farming mobs isn’t hard, it becomes even easier with a party. And there have been a few number of bosses that I have been able to beat alone, if I couldn’t beat them alone I would just ask an archer to party with me. Yep, just the two of us. Haha. xD

Having high health was so fun and since with high CON your HP regen increases too. I upgraded my weapon a lot to make up for the lack of damage, and the Peltasta’s skills can really pack a whallop. xD
But I do not recommend a full tank build for going solo, it’s not impossible to solo a boss, but it can take really long.

Can you show us your build? cause I’m trying full CON peltasta and my SP is a joke : /

I leveled a full tank build all the way to up lvl 80.
I went full CON and got EVERY defensive skill possible.

Here are my conclusions. It’s useless.

Cons:
-You do 0 damage. It’s IMPOSSIBLE to quest alone because bosses later in the game take you anywhere from 10 to 20 minutes to kill.(my record is like 35 minutes)
-You still get wrecked by magic damage.(making it really really really hard to kill some bosses)
-You have a stupid amount of hp but no real healing to back it up.(Only the increased regen but that isn’t that much)
-People that took Peltasta 1(or just didn’t go full CON) do only a slightly worse job than you tanking while actually doing damage.
-Most people would trade you without a second thought for a tank that does damage but has a slightly smaller taunt.
-It’s not even needed to have a taunter in party’s. Attacks are dodgable and most people don’t run a glass cannon build. Making it entirely possible to just have a party without the need for a Peltasta.
-Taunt isn’t actually that great. After you taunt it takes several long seconds before mobs enter your melee range. This can cause minor or even large annoyances.

Pros:
-Big ass taunt. Cause leveled up Swash Buckling is great.
-When you guard almost nothing can kill you through it. Only magic damage.
-You can farm very effectively in a party. Pretty much anywhere too.

Conclusion: yes you’re tanky as fk and can swag around tanking a shitload while taunting entire rooms. But you do entirely no damage and every other class in the game will laugh at you(not kidding). Entirely reliant on other players to do your damage. Not that much more useful than any other Swordsman with Peltasta C1.

I switched to 2:1 con/spr build. I can solo anything now. I’m peltasta2/hoplite1. I’m still not sure pelt2 was worth it. I want to try pelt/hop/rod/sq/sq next time.

Hey, I got a lvl 6 blue gem, do I use it to get more block or SP recovery on my peltasta?

Here is my opinion as a tank swordsman lvl 120.

I did SW1/PLT3.

My stats are 1STR/1CON/1DEX

I played most of the time solo so that’s why my stats are kinda dps oriented. At the release i’m planning on playing in a regular group so i think i’ll play it different.

I started by doing a 1STR/1CON build, but my dps was not so good since i had no crits. Plus no dodge. Since i restat, it is now much more easier.
As a peltasta, there is some skills you NEED to get first as they are really overpowered when you get them.
First circle, i recommand taking Umbo blow over Rim blow. They have roughly the same damages, but umbo is multi target, and have an attribute for stun AND more knockdown. Then do a mix between guardian and swash buckling since you’ll need both of them for first dungeon.
Second circle, I recommend to NOT TAKE shield lob. Take high guard level 5, umbo lvl 10 and a mix between guardian and swash buckling,depending on what you prefer.
Third circle, that’s where the OP stuff is. You don’t have to overthink about it. UMBRO THRUST ALL THE WAY. It adds between 50% and 100% of dps on bosses depending on how much armor thye have. It will decrease with level since it looks like to be a fixed number of point than a percentage. But at the level you get it it is clearly overpowered. then at lvl 6 take high guard lvl 6 and get the umbo blow enhancement, it does a lot of damage when you get under high guard.

I might have forgot something so if you have any questions about peltasta you can ask me.

1 Like