Tree of Savior Forum

Swordsman New Hidden Muay Thai

Please remake and bring back centurion as hidden class instead and give it sparta-like team buffs!

:sob:

7 Likes

Does DWA work with the stance skill ?

it doesnā€™t look like it from the videos

I think my first swordsman will be have this class =) As I donā€™t know much from this game, I hope people test it well and I will be patient to wait the awesome builds that you guys come up with

Couldnt I just stay Sword2 Hoplite3 Dopple1 and drop Dragoon for Muy and itā€™d still benefit from the crit chance? Not much left though for C8-9 than Murmillo though I guess since Dragoon 2 would be incompleteā€¦ ?

Hidden classes should be all about interesting perks and nice buffs, i have mixed feelings about this class since they released some in-game footage and tests
At least it goes well with Memeillo

I know they put it at r7, but this is supposedly the AA option for swordies with [ram muay]. The AA is 70% x2 SF on an r7 (naturally I compare it to stuff like [running shot] or [aspergillum] where both hit for waaaaaaaay more). And before someone mentions DWA to me, that shiet is shiet. If I can combine the 2 then maybe.

Iā€™m guessing itā€™s because of the low CD skills?

On another note, is [ram muay] gonna screw with weapon stances like how BMā€™s DGS is cancelled when using xbow/bow specific skills?

Hey @diego_deob, are you going to update the OP with Nak Muay info?
I was thinking about creating a topic for the Muay Thai enthusiasts with class info, unlock quest guide, vids and possible builds, but, since thereā€™s already one, itā€™s probably better to ask here first. :grinning:

1 Like

I would like to know if they have"updated" the class voucher chests(?)ā€¦

I saw chest today, it doesnā€™t say anything about new classā€¦

its because swordies already scale AA through gungho/concentrate
dont know if that makes up for the amount of damage other auto attack modifiers add though.

Um, no. [gunho] and [concentrate] both work for skills as well (and both ignore additional lines of atk) and is therefore not something you consider as AA designed skills. [aspergillum] adds 322% SF to your AA as a chaplain while [lightning hands] increases your AA SF from 100% to 503% SF with both only affecting AAā€™s. Unless thaiā€™s AA is +140% SF then it is a measly +40 % SF because the skill is written as 70% x2 that might possibly even be fake multihit.

1 Like

you can theorize all you want but gungho and concentrate increase the damage of your auto attacks, dont tell me that just because they also add damage to skills or that they dont work with additional lines that they dont contribute to auto attack damage lol

and like i said, i dont think these two can compare to the other auto attack modifier skills, so spare me the profound explanations, but they are considerations to be taken into account when it comes to swordies and their auto attacks

Your position is that [ram muay] is only a 40% increase to AA because swordies have access to [gungho] and [concentrate].

Alright, letā€™s use your logic. [blessing] and [sacrament] increase the damage of auto attacks.

And yet, [aspersion] isnā€™t neutered around the fact that [blessing] and [sacrament] increases the damage of your auto attacks. That is a 282% SF discrepancy for what is supposedly the same reasoning in that the cleric tree already has access to AA buffing skills.

Another example with your logic. [swell left arm], [swell right arm], and [swell brain] increase the damage of auto attacks. These are in fact more similar to [gungho] as they only affect the 1st line of attack.

And yet, [lightning hands] isnā€™t neutered around the fact that [swell left arm], [swell right arm], and [swell brain] increase the damage of you auto attacks. That is a 363% SF discrepancy for what is supposedly the same reasoning in that the wizard tree already has access to AA buffing skills.

Then we do in fact agree that [ram muay] is indeed too weak as an AA skill. Itā€™s very basic math: +40 <<<<<<<< +322 or +403.

You canā€™t claim that [ram muay] is balanced around [gungho] and [concentrate] when you have 2 other skills from 2 other class treeā€™s that arenā€™t balance around having other (non-AA specific) buffing skills.

Now unless you are the dev behind designing [ram muay], then thatā€™s a different story and I would lobby you change it with the evidence of [aspergillium] and [lightning hands] presented.

1 Like

yesā€¦ ram muay + gung ho or concentrate are weak
like i said, spare me the profound explanations lol
my point is that gung ho and concentrate can be the reason why they made ram muay so weak.

You canā€™t claim that [ram muay] is balanced around [gungho] and [concentrate]

uhh yes i can, we dont know if they really did or did not balance around it, so anything you say cant disprove my pointā€¦

If it canā€™t be proven as true or false, then your point also canā€™t be proved as true.

A point isnā€™t validated as true simply because it canā€™t be proven as false. It can just be unknown or unable to be verified.

On another note, itā€™s a class you can pick as Swordsman 1 and thereā€™s no restriction so it doesnā€™t make much sense to balance around skills that not all paths will pick.

Thatā€™s not what you said here.

Expanded

By the same line of thought, anything you say canā€™t prove your point. Unless of course you are indeed the dev behind designing [ram muay].

ā€“editā€“

Lol, read my mind @LunarRabbit

i can claim something is true, regardless if the outcome is falseā€¦
that would make me a liar, but IMC wont do that to me by explaining balance reasons behind skills now would they :kissing:

Nor they wont, and thatā€™s why you canā€™t disprove @c2gaming.seetoo point as well.

But between both, at least he even gives examples on why he think about it. Instead of making a theory with holes and without any supporting pillar :v

i wont disprove it because i agree, with everything hes said lol
IMC could be honeydicking us with this weak auto attack modifier and their reason could be something far fetched like gungho/concentrate giving extra damage to autos.