Tree of Savior Forum

Swordsman New Hidden Muay Thai

I kinda find it funny that when you choose Murmillo as rank 8 for Nak Muay you’ll get Lethwei

My gripe about this class …

… is that it feels like IMC literally took everything that monks have suggested to IMC since beta to improve their class (bare fists, weapon staying BEHIND the character, a proper skill rotation and not just double punch, changing double punching into an auto attack so we can hold down double punch, a fighting pose where we are not holding the mace because why are we holding a mace that we put down to double punch instead, etc), and made a new class out of all the suggestions to make another class (one rank class, no less) on a different tree in Swordsmen tree. Swordsmen could dash too while clerics can’t. It’s literally Monk 2.0. IMC might as well should put monk as a Swordsman class. Anyone can dig up any monk suggestion thread (I recall there was something like that few months back when IMC “reworked/buffed monk”) and see all the suggestions fall in line with what NakMuay is designed to be. Everything monks wanted simply didn’t go to the monks who wanted it, but instead went into a new class on a different tree.

Meanwhile IMC making monks go zealot and turning monks into some weird AoE casting thing that has to think about SPR now. Heck, do zealots even need monk, I bet other SPR builds can make use of zealots better than monks (makes me question what made the devs think that zealots are designed for monks/paladins in their QnA). Can’t wait for Luchador to come with 2h-mace and I’ll see the rise of uh idk, Sw2Barb3Dopp1Nakmuay1Luchador2 or some rodelero mix nakmuay luchador.

(Apologies for the rage, just a triggered monk main passing by wanting to let off steam)

EDIT: I’m not hating on NakMuay, but on how IMC went about not implementing what monks wanted on monks but on other class instead, just to get that out of the way :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Is there any follower type IRL who uses sword (I mean literally, using swordskill) ?
maybe IMC gonna implement that in cleric tree, then I’ll say goodbye to all my swordsman and make that.

1 Like

it is a c7 hidden and looks really useless the damage are low and have not sinergy with other class. its very disapointed :tired:

1 Like

the CD kinda nice tho… kinda.

I don’t know if I agree. It’s true the class seems to be lacking a few strategic attributes to make its gameplay more than a simple mash of keys, but the more supportish swordsmen builds can definetely fit Nak Muay in them to allow themselves to DPS properly without being hindered by long cds now.

The cooldown of the skills are very short, so you can weave it in-between skills and it’ll be useful for classes that have skills with long cooldown. Seems like a rank whose skills can standalone as DPS, something like barbarian with all its buffs and long skills cooldown can use, or for more strike skills for strike murm-nobi when off cooldown.

Besides, if the datamine from long ago proves true and IMC releases luchador for the next bunch of new classes, then Nak Muay would make sense.

1 Like

Hidden classes don’t help to break the problem of weapon/mount restrictions (you have only 1 circle compared to normal classes)… And it’s not like Swordman had big issues of restriction compared to Archers… The only problem of Swordman is the low level ranks, which is the same problem for Archer/Wizard. And it doesn’t solve this problem too because it’s a R7 class. Hidden classes are only here to maximize the power of your build or to have a filler class, not to help for restriction problems as they are mostly standalone classes. It could help to solve the problem of weapon restriction if they were at the good rank (Archers need more a hidden R6 class than a hidden R5 class, SR/Falconer is really restrictive).

By your logic, let’s put Pied Piper in Wizard tree if they release it before a hidden class that fits perfectly in Wizard tree ??? It’s not about the number of hidden classes available for a tree, even if every tree should have the same amount of hidden classes, but at the end. Muay Thai style has nothing to do with a Swordman. Swordman evolve to a class like Pelta or Hoplite, logic evolution. How is it logic to evolve in a class which is NOT using weapons as a Swordman ? I really doubt on this logic. Cuz no, parts of your body are not weapons, or in this case let’s say my ass is a weapon lel.

I think ranks 6-7 are the best place for hidden classes focused on damage skills, otherwise the class wouldn’t matter much compared to higher rank ones in terms of damage potential.

Having lower ranked hiddens with more of general utility would also be very welcome. Actually, having more hidden classes as a whole would be great. One rankers can make build diversity that much bigger and interesting.

1 Like

Explain first why would you put Pied Pier in wizard tree.

Youre fine with clerics having 3 hidden classes while others only have 1. Yea there is nothing wrong with it.

Weapon:

1. any instrument or device for use in attack or defense in combat, fighting, or war, as a sword, rifle, or cannon.

2. anything used against an opponent, adversary, or victim:
    the deadly weapon of satire.

3. Zoology. any part or organ serving for attack or defense, as claws, horns, teeth, or stings.

If your ass can produce anthrax why not? Just because your friend said your fart can kill doesnt mean you can die from it.

Cleric seems to me in this game is fighting because of faith while swordsman is fighting for honor. I dont know about faith in Muay Thai but it is popularly known as a warrior. It doesnt make sense in Cleric otherwise you can educate me about faith thing on it.

4 Likes

I feel bad lol, still no good fist fighting/close combat/uses his fcking body as a fcking weapon class, hmm? monk? what the fck is that.

I’m fine with that, so we can get decent hidden swordman class which can synergy with a lot of classes. Not like sh!tnobi…

Yea i think IMC failed when they designed shinobi, only handful of build can synergies with it. Shinobi irl can use any weapon meaning it should be versatile to any build. Shinobi is only picked because of clone. Cleric is even more stealthier than shinobi(fade, dark sight). Mokuton is very buggy skill and nobody even use that.

Muay Thai is good though, it can fix some build ending in rank8. It’s like high rank highlander. My only problem with it is Templar C3 wont be able to use it and Cataphract lol. Maybe Cata will get Winged Hussar as master rank or specialized hidden rank in the future, after other tree have gotten their 2nd hidden classes.

Maybe it’ll act as an animation cancel since the skills are fairly fast or maybe that’s just wishful thinking.

It’s weird how both the swordsman hidden classes can’t be used while mounted and that they’re both at rank 7 where cata has its filler rank; unless you’re still going catagoon(?) then it’s not a filler rank. Templar could still pick it up in rank 10 unless I’m missing something.

Yes, a thousand times yes… although in hindsight we currently have a ridiculous amount of potential permutations yet the top 100 is fairly constant outside rank changes since a lot of classes force you down there respective paths anyway, be it additional circles, character role or weapon type.

Incidentally, top 100 rare builds are all swordsmen still. :joy::sweat_smile::sob:

And so explain first why would you put Muay Thai in Swordman tree.

Not even what I said, reread.

Dictionnary is not a good way to define a word. We are talking about a class that uses only white weapons btw. In ToS weapon has not the meaning of the word weapon in a dictionnary.

Still not a weapon in ToS.

I still think that the class is a little bit off in the Swordsman tree, but I can see the logic behind it and why it should not go into the cleric tree

What is funny though is the Monk fandom upset about it hahaha keep going, lovin it

1 Like

Yes, extremely upset. Every single suggestion that monks have ever suggested to IMC since the start of the game to improve monks, ended up into a different class (one rank no less) on a different tree, while the monk class itself remains only with a bit of touch up here and there.

I guess I’m this upset since I’m a monk main who only came to ToS because of monk. :sad:

Completely reset my R9 Swordie just to wait for ̶M̶o̶n̶k Muay Thai.

I hope they revert the nerfs of Muay Thai. The low CD on their skills were (for me) the reason to pick the class.

there has not been the release yet and they have already destroyed the class -.- ‘’