Tree of Savior Forum

Swordsman New Hidden Muay Thai

Guys new hidden muay thai will be good with rodelero high kick strike debuff and murmilo headbut strike debuff it will be a nice build

I just can’t find it in me to accept this… your fist is NOT a cutting slashing or piercing weapon, its more of a blunt weapon if you ask me w/c goes well with what clerics are for.

If this is set to Swordsman tree then we all have the right to request a dual dagger class for cleric tree that would be fair.

Well, Rodelero is a strike class…so is Peltasta…

And Rodelero even have a ‘high kick’ move already…

Only if it’s the Spanish Inquisition, because nobody would expects the Spanish Inquisition (to dual-wield)

That punching animation look so stupid and funny at the same time, it dosen’t fit well with that tiny body at all

imagine the little hands dealing tons of damage lol

am in love :heart_eyes:

We need a martial artist base class maybe? Monk, Muai Thay, Luchador what’s comming next ?

they took all the stuff monks were asking for for years and made a new class with the feedback and gave it to swordman Q_Q . i think the name warrior fits better than swordsman , but thats always been the case

8 Likes

For those asking why it’s in the Swordsman class tree, here are the probable reasons:

1. It can’t be under the Cleric class tree since in the world of TOS, classes under the Cleric class tree are considered as “followers”. This is further cemented in the main quests.

2. While the idea is definitely questionable for many people, others will probably let it pass considering it’s a hidden class. Besides, unarmed combat isn’t something foreign to swordsmen.

Edit: Though, I’d prefer if they released a Hwarang or Samurai for the Swordsman class.

2 Likes

More than that, I think it’s important to keep in mind classes in ToS aren’t character defining like in most other MMOs. In ToS whenever you advance to a new class it feels more like you’ve learned some new ways to harness your base class strengths, combining them with everything you’d learnt thus far.

For swordsmen, those strengths definetely lie in close range physical combat, resorting to a variety of different weapons to better show their power. Now, this foreigner Nak Muay master has come around and he’s shown fists can also be deadly weapons, just like the shinobi master had once showed everyone how using illusion techniques to hide in the shadows or clone yourself could be useful for melee combat.

All in all, I don’t see any problem with the base tree selection in terms of lore and usual ToS ambiance.

5 Likes

what about the LUCHADOR costume they show before, whit the lancer and matador costumes…
i hope if is released someday , it will be a CC heavy class. with lots of grab and throwing enemies around

muay tay function similar to the bullet maker. u have a stance that give u fast atackspeed and allow to throw some skills. this class feel nice to have . since many of the swordsman available jobs lack speed in combat.

i dont see why people is talking about that this should be a cleric… you have the monk!! 3 entire circles of a mix of martial arts, inner focus and meditation. this guy instead is just brutal brawl

1 Like

Fist, knee and feet are weapons and Muay Thai is a fighter in melee combat, a warrior fighting with honor. Why there are lots of people thinking Muay Thai would be in cleric class? Are cleric players too spoiled they want everything? lol even if it doesnt fit the class tree. You guys already got 2 hidden classes and want another? for real? Cleric tree also got swordsman exclusive skills like manual block and pain barrier.

8 Likes

Ahem… I kinda understand that why Nak Muay isn’t a part of Cleris class.

Muay Thai isn’t something that relate to some kind of holy or religious thing just like Monk. And one of those skills “Ram Muay” is a performing before fighting in Muay Thai, to show respect to Nak Muay’s teacher.

I’m liking it. You can’t just use only weapon based attacks on a real fight. Sometimes you gotta kick, punch, etc. in between your attacks. They only have to work on the animations. The low CD makes it good transition in between skills. It’s still early testing Hope they put good attributes on it so it blends well with other ranks.

Skills probably cant be use in mount which is sad.

Maybe it’s time to make Peltasta/Rodelero skills not clone-able. :thinking:

1 Like

They can’t really. https://tos-ktest.neet.tv/skills?cls=Char1_20&f=1

Riding: NO, for all of them.

Cool idea to have this around THTOS launch, similar to Miko for JTOS.

Ironically rainbow builds are ■■■■ while non-cookie cutter builds will have a harder time due to our class system and overall poor class/skill balancing.

That isa Good sign
More love for murmnobi? That’s enough already