Tree of Savior Forum

Swordsman is a joke DPS at high levels, but why? (this post was made in April, before R8)

Well, atleast someone here gets what we are trying to say… kudos to you

Exactly sir. "You’re a DoppelSoeldner! But a Cleric can out DPS U! So stop putting STR/DEX to Be a DPS and go FULL CON to be our Meat Shield!

1 Like

Rodelero is an attack class (its even labeled as an attack Class in both english and korean versions). Its blue because it does this through attempting to CC chain things to death.

Here’s my biggest issue with all of the complaints I’m seeing here: In a game with so many builds, you can not realistically expect builds that stray from the widely accepted meta to be openly welcomed into random groups.

The point of the variety of classes, the obvious and hidden synergies that exist between different classes, and ways that those combos can break the meta is that you can play whatever you like but you will need to find people who are playing complementary builds to what you want to play. You wanna be a special snowflake (read: something other than current meta) then you’re going to need to put in some effort in finding people to play with rather than relying on the in-game group finder to have an algorithm advanced enough to take into account the various class synergies when throwing 5 random together.

1 Like

So base on some guys’s opinion, all swordmans should stop complainting because :

1. you can taunt
  2. you can tank physical damage
  3. you have some cc
  4. more HP, you will stay cool a litte longer than a >>> melee <<< wizard
  5. you can 1 vs 1 quest boss
  6. very important, you still can kill mobs. YAYY!!!
  7. Sacrifice your damage, you can survive.

The same happened to archer back in 2015
Archers : buff us please we are so underwhelming
Others: STFU because :

1. you can kill mobs
  2. if you try harder, you can kill quest boss.
  3. you have a few cc.
  4. you have range attack.
  5. you can control companion
  6. you can set some traps.
  7. You can survive if you go FULL CON

Archers 2015: go QS c3 and stop making noisy!!!
Swordies 2016: go full tank or hopc2 shinobi and stop making noisy!!!
Who next in 2017???

Some asked me “if swordies weak like that why the hell you still follow that class?”. Why dont you ask archers reason they still stick with their beloved class?

4 Likes

Fcking

A C C U R A T E
C
C
U
R
A
T
E

1 Like

ok ok, no…

this again bring you to the point of :.

OK lets buff swordsman for few sec, now it will be able to deal DPS like archer!
yay you got what you wanted.

what about archers ? they will be the “no one need you if you’re archer, becouse swordie do same or better dps, why bother then.”

so yea you may be accurate, swordsman do less dmg then archer.
so what ? archer is a full dps class.

swordsman do more then just DPS.

do you even get that ? if you do get swordsman more dps then there is right now. it will make archer useless.

if you ask me for reasons you should stop complaining ? simple.

1. game is early stage, you will sure see changes. but not as crazy as making swordsman do archer dps.

2. there is no real proof no one will take you to a party if you are not pelt1.
    I personally take them, if highlander or cataparcht, and ask them to turn of knockdowns.

3. there is not 80 classes. there is 4 classes. get it ? 4. one for each role.
    -DPS - archer = highest dps. no match. end of story.
    -DPS / CC - wizard = high dps, alot of CC.
    -DPS / Tank - swordsman = high DPS, survivability*for whole team
    -DPS / Suport / Heal - cleric = medium DPS, supporting

4. class can go into different paths(circles), but they are still stuck with the CORE idea of the first class.

5. NO REAL COVER FOR WHAT YOU ALL SAY. you better start showing video with numbers. becouse going around and saying THIS and THAT is not gonna work.

6. Most players seem to be pretty happy with their swordsman. others that are jealous of archer DPS, are simply playing the wrong class.
    the grass is always greener, on the other side of the fence.

7. in reality archer have their own hard time. comparing to swordsman.
    ASIDE from DPS.

8. no one say STFU we’ here sharing our thoughts. if you won’t complain there won’t be changes. I still disagree and think swordsman are balanced, and other class need nerf. or simply change the way multiplier works for swordsman to easier achive dmg…

hope people read this.
personally sure I wouldn’t mind some dmg boost, but it’s not needed.
I just think you’re getting over excited about giving swordsman more DPS to compare…
thats it for reasons for not complaining. hope it is not offending in any way.
after all we’re all here becouse we love swordsman.

2 Likes

Wut? Damage equals to archer would be retarded, what people is complaning is about the Swordies DPS Be even like 5X LESS than archers mate.

7 Likes

Reworked Gung Ho idea:

Enters in attack mode, decreasing and increasing massively defense strength and attack strength, respectively. Can be turned ON or OFF, but requires 1,5 seconds of cast time to switch (so the other players can notice that you change your stance to attack, giving them time to react).

Defense debuff: -(12,5 + [Level of Gung Ho] * 2,5)% Total Physical Defense.
-(15 + [Level of Gung Ho] * 3)% Max.HP.

Attack buff: +(10 + [Level of Gung Ho] * 3)% Total Melee Physical damage (melee means that the damage buff only applies with attacks that have something like 15 or 20 range).
+(5 + [Level of Gung Ho] * 2)% Total Critical Rate.

TL;DR: Level 15 = -50% Total Physical Defense, -60% Max.HP, +55% Total Melee Physical damage, +35% Total Critical Rate.

It’s just a sketch of how IMC could resolve the balance issue posted by the OP and still make the Swordsman C3 really worth and compete with others base C3 classes.

1 Like

Source ? show me fully DPS 280 swordsman fully geared. comparing DPS with 280 archer fully geared.

sure one skill do x5 the dmg. what about everything else ?

so far my archer friend is impressed with the DMG i can pull off… we’re both 200… ranger and barb…
with frenzy + warcry I deal wayyyyy more dmg then him… both with normal basic attacks, which mine are aoe and his are single…

and skill burst more(seism), although his multi hit get the same or bit more dmg(if crits)

the real difference is he cant do that on 10+ mobs easly as i can… by himself
so i’m not really sure what’s the differene on 220+…
but i’m pretty sure it won’t be that huge impact on gameplay…

my friend fencer 220, and dragoon 240… both says they are great in solo grind.
I don’t care about solo gameplay. if you wish for solo gameplay pick solo class, and don’t cry about DPS becouse to solo you need to do multi things.
so in party both work perfect .
dont forget other classes do debuffs for physical dmg…

don’t know much about end tier game since no much got there yet… so you can’t really start balancing yet. otherwise if you do have info about that … sure… i’ll read into it

Donno man, that post is all over the place.

I got hung up on the part where the Cleric’s ‘medium’ is greater than the alleged Swordsman’s ‘high’.

I don’t really see what’s so complicated in all of this. Unless there’s some swing in later content (280+) that massively improves the damage focused Swordsman circles, leaving the woes of this level range as just a blip in the grand-scheme, then something clearly should be done.

People have outlined how many of the Swordsman circles are advertised as damage dealers, and the success of these circles in that role is clearly underwhelming. Even outside of discussions directly relating to balance, you can see there’s a general sentiment among people forming groups that DPS swordsman would fill slots that could be more effectively occupied by other classes, or exist solely to use a rank 2 c1 skill.

Shinobi is Able to deal an damage a bit close to Archers dmg for a moment BY AN INCREDIBLE HIGH PRICE OF 5X RECEIVED DMG .

Doppel is able to deal a damage a bit close to Archers dmg for a moment BY AN INCREDIBLE HIGH PRICE OF DMG TOOK AND TIME AND DEFENCE.
By combo Warcry(5 targets) + Frenzy (20 BASIC ATTACKS) + Deeds of Valor (Get Hited 10 Times and defence become 0).

Fetcher 3 Musketeer and Cannonner Outclass all of those buffs Simple By Overpowered Skills With extremaly High %dmg + Based Damage that accumulate with crit.
And you probably asking the price? NOTHING But Some Points of Con To reach an even higher base swordie HP.

3 Likes

Archers and Wizards just need to be nerfed honestly… but we all know how many people that will piss off.

1 Like

so there you go… you answered yourself…

first let me correct you… 10target warcry

second what is wrong with swordsman bein the most tanky class, with the ability to drop it’s defense to reach archer DPS ?

lv5 deeds of valor, increase dmg by 50%… decrease defense by 50%
you’re not taking 50% more dmg, you just get your defense base number reduced by 50%…

(musketeer strongest attack is single hit, so i’ll compare high single hit skill with it)
let’s do some math then ;
let’s say my base ATK is 1000.
Maxed Gae Bulg = 3800 ATK.
10 Target Warcry = 330 ATK.
Frenzy maxed = 200ATK.
Overall = 5330
Deeds of Valor increase it by 50%, potentially 100% if C2.
= 7995. C1
= 10660. C2

and that’s not it. it’s not 1 skill, like musketeer best skill. + musketeer % apply to only the SKILL. while swordsman %from armor vs weapon, and deed of valor. apply to ALL THE SKILL AND ALL BASE DMG TOGETHER.
it apply to ALL of your roration.

so yes, archer will always win in terms of dps. but swordsman is nowhere near behind as you are making it to be.

3 Likes

then naked muskeeter laughed at you with his “snipe”
5997 * 4 = 23988

he’s naked, no buff
you’re having 1k atk, with millions buff, still 1/3 of his damage

not to mention he’ll fire’s his 2nd snipe faster due to 25s cd, while you need to wait another 5s.

1 Like

Swords FULL PVE DPS can sacrifice all HP, all con, all def, shield, all equips and with full buffs like barb the damage still not even close to Wizard, and to remember they still affected by blocks, still need to close range (will die if mob more than 10 monsters with this build), less AOE potencial and poor SP.

Just buff the rank 6 and 7 skills raw damage and make then scalable like archer, don’t need to make then one shotting everything.

5 Likes

You’re so blind that even i’m telling you just can’t see The incredible amount of Time, Dmg took, and Defense Dropped. To Reach the almost not even close to Musketeer simples single skill dmg Whitout any single price.

4 Likes

That’s still not X5 the DPS!
and it is acceptable ! since if you get any closer, you’ll make archer not bein the best DPS anymore.

and again i’ll say, the calculation was for 1SKILL. while the buffs applied apply to all your rotation.
i’m pretty sure heavy comparing can be done.

Trust me mate, They are not buffing Swordies Like Crazy at KTOS For no Reason…

2 Likes

LoL so you’re agree fully buffed swordsman is already 1/3 damage from NAKED muskeeter
if you add 1k damage to muskeeter he already has 28k damage, dragoon gae bulg already 1/4
IT’S 0.25x man -.-
not to mention, if they actually use STEADY AIM, it’s another 20% so 33k ?
there you go your 1/5 damage

1 Like