Tree of Savior Forum

Swordsman is a joke DPS at high levels, but why? (this post was made in April, before R8)

if I was blind I wouldn’t see your X5 the dmg done, and do all the calculation to prove you it’s just slightly above 1.5X the dmg.

if you have anything smarter then say “you’re blind you’re that”
and you want to calculate for me defense, time taken, and dmg took.
then I have nothing more to say… that’s simply crying that you are not an archer.
1.5X the dmg done with highest dmging skill of archer tree. comparing to weak dragoon skill. only 1.5X…
you must be kidding me if you call me BLIND, and not see this youself.

DPS = Damage per Second
not Damage per Skill
so if you want to compare DPS it’s not that simple as you think .

Dude, there are people who wants to see the swordies burning in hell, with the lowest DPS of all classes (losing to clerics)… This guy is only one of them, no point in arguing with them.

They want their almighty wizards at the top dps ever. Full CON 50k HP doing more damage than swordies with FULL STR. Funny, isnt it?

All of the swordies damage skills are FLAT and WEAK… numbers don’t lie… even with all those facts, there are still guys who thinks swordies are fine…

6 Likes

ok i will write an Third time let’s see if works.

“The incredible amount of Time, Dmg took, and Defense Dropped. To Reach that almost not even close to Musketeer simple single skill dmg Whitout any single price of nothing.”

With All the Buffs and Stuff activated that you took: Warcry(10 targets) + Frenzy (20 BASIC ATTACKS) + Deeds of Valor (Get Hited 10 Times and defence become 0). Wth your best single skill.

You will Reach FOR SOME SECONDS an dmg 0.33x inferior to simple Single Musketeer skill. At the price of no Time, no Dmg Took , No hits Did, and not a single penality.

And There is Also HeadShot, Covering Fire and Penetration shot.

2 Likes

Missle…
Suffers a 25% damage penalty against M size enemies.
Suffers a 50% damage penalty against L size enemies.
Suffers a 50% damage penalty against XL size enemies.

28000 - 25% = 18k
we’re comparing with = 16k.
not to talk that on other size i’ll do even more.

so let’s say we both XL monster, I have spear which gain more %
he’ get penality to his high dmg, high % penality.
who will do more dmg now ?

there so much to add on this… but you don’t see the big picture…
most players cry swordsman don’t have multipliers, they do… with the right path they can do their DPS swordsman, they will be swordsman.
they will not be archer, or do archer DPS.

so if anything you say that you are crying that musketeer is overpowered, and need nerf ? then you are in the wrong forum. this is swordsman forum.
go cry about the need to nerf musketeer.

becouse as far for PVE part I don’t feel i have harder time then a musketeer or ranger. so all of this is you crying about either
want more DPS to swordsman to compare to archer
or archer have class with too much DPS so it need nerf.

swordsman is balanced .

same thing argue again like i said in krToS. lol…

did I ever say muskeeter overpower ?
just because you lose in an argument, you don’t need to bent my words, dude -.-
you want to see where the 1:5 damage right ?
i give you the insight, highest burst swordsman is gae bulg or zornhau (non multi hit)
highest burst archer is snipe
that’s why I did the calculation.

also there’s no % damage on spear afaik, it just have extra damage on large boss
let’s then just add +1k damage to large monster (Heck I doubt there’s spear giving 1k damage to large monsters though)
it just become 9.5k

snipe get 15% penalty 28k

it’s still 1/3 the damage

there are factors to concern here :smiley: theory never apply in practical. neither i am not swordie fans nor wizard fans. just tell you, the factors that will affect your kill:

• far range attack
  • AOE
  • damage per hit
  • number hits per skill

regardless how good the damage you can do, it becomes nothing somehow :smiley: like snipe, if you don’t aim it correctly, it still shoot at air killing nothing. like swordie, most of the time they are being kite by the rest of the class in pvp, regardless how good damage they have, they always die much in pvp (except cataphract).

well yeah, just saying the number :smiley:

I don’t even mind if swordsman damage weak comparing to other class, since I play everything beside cleric.
I just hope we got what kToS get.
If only registering on kToS were not so complicated, I wont be playing in iToS with all these weird change.

Didn’t bent your word, it was meant generally and not toward you personally.
sorry if it offended you.

so we’ got to the point swordsman do 1/3, against the archer strongest class. WHICH IS GREAT ALREADY. (still my calc say it’s 18k against 16k so i don’t know where you got the 1/3 from) }+ gae bulg has aoe ratio, while snipe single target.

now shall we move on and talk about how shinobi will outdps it ?
and of how if they do increase more. it will outclass it ?

there are many factors to consider while talking about this …
so it’s endless…

beside i will always come with a counter argue about this, since I want not only to know more. but i’m always trying to look for the positive side…

1 Like

well, swordie just need to take right build otherwise is gg. in fact many classes are just under power after lv200+.

that’s why they should UNITE and form a PARTY to cover everyone weakness ! :slight_smile:

so far, cataphract c3 + dragoon is the best class build among. can defend, can tank, can pvp, can attack in pve. the rest of the DPS swordie builds are average. what i mean average because they always do close gap attack and need a lot HP/SP pots to cover :confused:

Snipe
1K+6k = 7K
7K x 4 = 28k
steady aim 20% 28K1.2 = 33k
0.85 = 28K

gae bulg
basically your 5K + 1K = 6K
Deeds 9K

btw, isn’t the whole point in this thread is because dps swordsman can’t get a party if he build dps without pelt1 ?

when we said buff sword, its mean dont let them too weak, how the hell some guys always think that we want our dmg equal or even higher than archer dps???
They can read right?
SW has more HP, but def is not higher, whats meaning of more HP when you get more hit??? people who dont play SW usually says SW is “survivabillity” class, they know nothing
A guy says: im sick now, im tired and i need medic
B guy says: shut up you crybaby, you stil breath you can move you can eat and drink and even WC, you are healthy !!!
How come B guy know that???

1 Like

Well, the point of this thread is the lack of damage of the swordsman class, iirc… The lack of damage turns all the swordsman to meatshields, classes doesn’t matter when you’re a meat shield

your skill % dmg scale only your skill dmg and not your base dmg…
and no the post about peltasta is another one…
you really need to read on what apply to what like i said before…

And we are talking about iToS >>> late <<< game, its mean lv 240 +++
late game and some genius tell us that we should go “full auto-atk build” for SW
Full retard!!!
What you want to provide? another way to say : you must be shinobi, barbarian, pel c1 and hop or you will be doomed???
How the hell you know "most of SW happy with their class situation??? "
Gaddafi said : my people are satisfied with their life, they love me, who doesnt love me mean they doesnt love their nation (!?)

no it scale with both. according to vyne1 tos mechanic bible.

leave my musketeers alone :rage:
ayy

don’t know whats your bible. but first… go to the first post from the op.

click the picture… that’s what this thread about.

it’s talking about C6 7 being joke…
clearly nonsense… and that’s all there is to it… I dont care if or who do more dps. swordsman is not what described in that picture, and nowhere near close to X5 weaker then other…

there is no point in taking a skill pointing all the advantage of it, while ignoring all disatvantage…
and then take a bad swordsman skill to compare it while also not pointing the good traits from it, only the bad.
check this out…