Tree of Savior Forum

Swordsman is a joke DPS at high levels, but why? (this post was made in April, before R8)

DoV is ridiculous, u must ve not faced the dmg it adds before saying that

I have it at 10 on one of my swords and at 5 on another. It’s adds decent damage, but it does not compare to scaling of any other magic user. Not even close.

And also, I did say that sword damage is fine. Our hit boxes is what drives me nuts

The thing with DPS swordsman is simply the fact that they can’t fulfill their role. It really do not matter if a DPS swordie has a gap closer or not, given that if you put a mage in their place, a single frost cloud outdamages the poor swordie full rotation.

I can only say that Sword main DPS dmg doesnt come from skill bonus damage, but the attribute STR and weapon enhancement, multihit + crit is the key here, swords who doesn’t add STR exceed 450 have no rights to complaint about DMG being low, they dun even raise their own dmg in the first place (can forget about them raising their skill attribute past 50), not even putting effort before QQ-ing, i mean come on? complaining just makes u look dumb, at least try and prove to others that u can do better than what the current situation is now.

GL to all the QQ and noobs complaint, most of the swords complaining but they didnt realize they didnt add any attributes to the skills or having a good refined weapon…while the warlock frost cloud is at attribute lvl 50

not just decent, is ridiculous if character is built right, check out these short videos that DoV in action

1 Like

you sir should just give up swords and play ele 3 wizard, is pointless to compare whos the best DPS, is how u can improve ur own DPS.

“not just decent, is ridiculous if character is built right.”

^^^that

Yet, people complains about sw do no damage?

Some people complaint about dps when they took peltasta and sacrificed highlander in 2 handed sword build, didnt raise attribute in their skills, didnt take the STR path and went with DEX, didnt get the best weapon and enhance to +15 (or at least +8/9 since it is easy), didnt get weapon buffs or town buffs frequently, didnt raise deeds of valor lv 10 and put it at permanent on because of crap reason like will - def, ignoring some good skills like Cartar Stroke (strike base) that hits 4 time strike base dmg even with 0.5 sec cast time, I facepalm big, really.

1 Like

I would like to see his gears. It seems to me that weapon upgrade plays big role there. +attributes and the are level 170ish monsters.
Also it seem like sessil proc as well? Sorry watched on mobile phone can’t see buff icons clearly.

My own tests showed that it does not add +50%total but +50% physical attack part at level 5 (100% level 10 obviously). Which is still enough. But what about builds that are based on other choices outside of doppelsoldner?

I do agree that our damage is probably where it should be.
Other issues should be addresses for swordies rather then that.

On a personal note. I love dragoon. It is so awesome. Dragontooth with DoV stacked 5 times is awesome.

But man that gae bolg aiming and that pathetic damage that comes with such poor animation.

Thats my character, to see more u can just check other videos i uploaded in the same channel. its

• 8 magi two handed sword (awakening crit +20, dual crit stone socket lvl 5)
  • 3 grynas armor, pants, leggings, gauntlets
  • 3 sissel bracelet x2
  • 3 max petamion

No weapon 15 buff from town, no pardoner buff from town.

Heagears costume 1,2,3 are all physical attack or HP or critical rate, average, invested stat points are 227 STR, 87 CON, actual stats are 489 STR 130 CON the rest are at default stats (DEX is at 6, with max petamion it shows 20)

Sissel doesnt proc on those situation, the lvl of monster below ur char doesnt mean u ill get increased dmg, the dmg will still be the same when hitting lvl 280 monster.

Doppelsoldner is currently the only viable classes for DPS swordsman because of DEEDS OF VALOR lvl 10, there is a trick to use DEEDS, u have to switch your weapon to get the actual attack speed buff.

Doppelsoldner is tier A in doing AOE DPS in ET in ktos, same goes to itos but alot of noobs in itos ruining the char so i dun hav much to say.

Dragoon is actually very weak and the only classes that i recommend taking Dragoon is Sword 3 Cata 3, Dragoon itself doesnt do much on providing anything to Swords at the moment, i think Dragoon skills needs a rework in my opinion, they are just useless and most are relying on skills from earlier stages (cata 3 or doppel), my honest opinion is sacrificing Doppel c2 and taking Dragoon is not good, 15 skill points for Dragoon only 5 points worth but not super good, just ok for Dragoon Tooth, but Doppel gets 10 worth points that makes Cyclone from 5 to 10, and Deeds from 5 to 10, it MAKES HUGE HUGE HUGE DIFFERENCE HERE, especially when attributes are above 60.

I actually like the hop3 doppelganger dragoon build. Does decent damage at 230ish.

A little tricky to deeds, spear lunge, and pew pew pew, but I feel like it does OK. For Et I know my hit boxes are to low to be useful but that is not my main so it is OK.

serpentine does decent damage as well.

I wish they reworked some classes to be helpful.

Fencer is just sad story with that durability…

Well jus reroll wiz or archer… Swordie is shiit class…

Peltasta should be a rank1 class, frankly.

The circle 1 should be: Swashbuckler, Guardian, Pain Barrier and some damage+CC skills that only consumes stamina and are 0CD.

Circle 2 and 3 should be for full tank purposes.

Then you should have Highlander and Hoplite in the R2.

Then you could get Barbarian or Rodelero in R3.

Then Corsair or Cataphract in R4.

Then Fencer or Doppel in R5.

Then Shinobi or Dragoon in R6.

And in the end, Squire or Templar in R7.

With some adjustments, it should make the overall DPS higher. I think.

I must be on dope.

decent damage isnt going to help u in earth tower(end game content), to be honest to pass first floor of earth tower(which is the hardest) u only have 1 choice, doppel c2 with cyclone at 60 minimum and weapon buffed up at least +8~10, double socket stone, awaken it, have deeds lvl 10, and is a STR char with 30k hp minimum, or u ask ppl to carry u while u play peltasta, peltasta will make the game easier on 6f~10f by taunt and running around and let teammate rest, but tbh even without pelt its doable as there is full con chrono 3 cryo 3, replacing peltasta completely, even got a CC skill and PASS while having 50k hp, and trust me, u want to earth tower else theres no more content, earth tower is like the final boss of tree of savior, test of ur progression and growth (this is why there is attributes in the first place).

hop3 doppelganger dragoon isnt very good in dps when compare with an actual doppel c2 with highlander path, i always recommend dragoon take cata 3 and sword 3 and just aim for PvP, thats where dragoon shines.

swordsmen just cannot enjoy any form of end game content for now even u made it to 280 if u built it for fun, its sad story from IMC but kinda is what it is right now, in earth tower where there is a timer, every attribute lvl and refine matters, there is no excuse for mistakes or fun built there T.T

hopefully buff will come soon, else swordsmen needs to put like x10 the effort to grind silver just to enjoy end game content, which is what i did, i m constantly passing 1F now with my DPS but i spilled like 100m to my eqp and attri, grind maps for silver and hunted wb constantly for the money

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Feel free to post your boss rush with all 4 classes of yours. They would only take 1 sec to kill anything, right?

https://imgur.com/zjkiDrv

https://imgur.com/ucvYWbm

Good for you, sir. Good for you.

2 Likes

https://imgur.com/baXaBLA

Mad? Nah, just a lot of pity for you.

1 Like