Tree of Savior Forum

*** Swordsman Classes Need to be Fixed *** [IMC, are you looking at this?]

But they have something like 3000~6000 + 500%~700% atk total damage with 20~15 segs of cd each one . So, if you combine 3 of them (Drg. Soar, Drgtooth, Serpentine) you deal even more damage them the cannoner skills alone. Dragoon is fine, the problem is in the game mechanics for the melees and the swordsman early ranks.

Also, frost cloud is op imo, together with stone skin and cia. I get that elementalist is about damage, but that is just overkill;not in mention that this is the only real strong skill of their arsenal. Thats is not very fair, have a C3 but only use 1~2 skills.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

3 Likes

Imo, if you have almost the same defense of a ranged dmg dealer but only can go melee, you should have more damage them the ranged. This is the concept of the Assasins or DPS single target melee high dmg dealer.

2 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

You donā€™t seem to know how Cannon Blast actually works. It does (5k + physical attack) * 3 damage so weā€™re talking about 15k base damage here. Sure it doesnā€™t scale well with physical attack but thatā€™s why you simply go for 100% crit + steady aim to get guaranteed ~40k crits in a large radius with unlimited targets if you took falconer at r6 (which you should). The only way a Dragoon can match that is if he hits the same amount of targets with all three abilities (which is already inferior to begin with because of cast times + melee range) but he can only do that if heā€™s being supported by a falconer (to circumvent AoE attack ratio) and a linker/cryo (to circumvent the pathetic radius). Otherwise heā€™ll be hitting 3-4 targets at most and take a minute to catch up with one Cannon Blast worth of damage.

Iā€™m not talking out of my ass here either. Iā€™m playing a Pelt1>Hop3>DS1>Drag1 and a mate of mine is playing an A2>R3>F1>C1 and my AoE is absolutely pathetic compared to his unless thereā€™s a cryo/linker to pull everything into one spot and heā€™s used circling.

Then youā€™re talking about ā€œfrost cloud being the only real strong skill of their arsenalā€ which I find funny because it basically outdamages a whole swordsman DPS rotation and then you still have those ā€œbad skillsā€ which are bad in comparison to frost cloud but still good compared to swordsman skills (e.g. meteor is a better AoE than pretty much everything aside from Cyclone, even with its long cooldown).

Not to mention, this isnā€™t exclusive to E3 at all. E3 might be the strongest option at the moment but a Pyro3, while being a weaker option than E3, would still handily crap on any DPS swordsman build, especially if thereā€™s no DPS swordsman (how ironic) who kicks fireballs away.

First, I want iTOS to apply the Barbarian/Rodelero buffs recently added in KTOS and hopefully reverse the nerf for Skyliner/Cyclone.

I think we canā€™t actually have really scalable/percentage-based skills because compliment that with proper weapon type and maximum attribute Swordsman will be OP.

I maxed 2 DPS Swordsman classes in iCBT2 and I did realize that pre-200, my pure dex build that heavily relied on Evasion falls-off somehow but not the damage output. The damage was just normalizing around level 200, from the 255% overkill, 1 to 3 cartars per boss to a less of a hack-and-slash.

When EA came, I tried playing a bit of a utility farming type to adjust with the party requirements I am expecting mid to end game since I wonā€™t be dealing that much compared to wiz/arch. I took 1 Pelt, 2 Barb, 2 Cors. I was trying to be a one-size fits all Swordsman. I was not enjoying it, when I swashā€™ed/lured I sometimes die, when I tried to hit Iā€™m only damaging around 2k, there were times when my flag is more useful than me so I ended up rerolling, Iā€™m going for the standard Barb-Doppel now, steamrolling through my knowledge of weapon/damage types and focusing on just pure damage. I am trying to find the correct balance of Physical Attack and Crit Damage since statistical information/tests from our talented forumers are somewhat static when subjected to a lot of monster diversity.

Though I havenā€™t reached 280 yet, again, I donā€™t think the biggest issue in the Swordsman class is the scaling and static damage of skills. Itā€™s the succession of classes that is kinda tough, what do I pick next? This is really crucial because swordsman classes are very restricting due to Weapon Types, you canā€™t do this because youā€™re 2Hand, you canā€™t mount when using this skill, you canā€™t lure when you donā€™t have that, etc, etc. What I suggest is for IMC to go back to the drawing board and start-off with the Swordsman Circle 1 to 3, add some utility skills on the Swordsman class like quick cast and , decide on maybe 3 super viable paths that can somehow be useful in the parties so we donā€™t end up being just a Sword > Pelt 3 > whatever or a so-so glass-canon dps frontliner.

7 Hits/Attacks that applies the base damage of the skill + 100% P.atk + all other modifiers.

At lv 5: 926 Base Atk -> if connect all hits, it inflicts:

(926+100% P.atk) * 7 = 6482+700% P.atk (*150% damage against leather enemies) . And it have less CD them cannon; plus, you have another 2 multi-hit skills with almost the same damage and less CD. It still a little behind from cannoner, but in terms of damage, is a good value. The problem is that cannoners have steed aim + crit bonus + large aoe + other buffs like %crit and def. penetration or bonus damage against flying monsters, while dragoons have gung ho, finestraā€™s flat crit rate and warcry 300~150 flat P.atk.

yo, repair bill?

lets talk about fletche arrowā€™s costing, priest blessing/aspresion/sacrament material Dievdirbysā€™s crafting material?

not totally against your point but do add this on your numbers:

MISSILE
Suffers a 25% damage penalty against M size enemies.
Suffers a 50% damage penalty against L size enemies.
Suffers a 50% damage penalty against XL size enemies.

easily fixable with a +5 lol

If you upgrade the weapon enough that number is reduced to 5% and 10% respectively.

And bow attack peel off target defense as well.

Just did Storage from lvl 250 to 255 and I have to say it is so painful ā€¦ the mages and nuas hit so god damn hard, but what more is that some dude totally called me off that no one will want a swordsman over mages/archers in Earth Tower ā€¦ lol. What can I say? I canā€™t argue with that. My DPS is on par with his too, but the problem is I take way too much damage from those guys. Iā€™m gonna give it another 5 levels to 260 to see if the damage will be at least reduced (by a large margin hopefully).

So I heard Korean Swordsman got some serious buffs. Can someone give us all the buffs theyā€™re getting? I heard Barbs got buffs, Swordsman C1 got buffed (50% extra damage debuff, I think?) and ā€¦ Skyliner no CD ā€¦ Thatā€™s all I heard. Can someone confirm?

To people that think that melee shouldnt have as high dmg as ranged.
Actualy I agree with that, melee should have HIGHER dmg than ranged, mostly due to taking higher risk and having lower uptime.

In game called POE developers understand that and most gear/skills are stronger for melee than for ranged. And you know what? Tons of people still prefer ranged and would never consider melee OP, actualy the reverse. The ā€œrangeā€ factor itself is superior boost in both offense and defense if used well. People here maybe brainafk to much to use it well. I often see how ranged chars fight bosses, I could do it better being blind.

For me its either swordie or nothing.

Seeing the pathetic condition of this class right now, after reading all these, Iā€™m thinking that I should wait till the game becomes more stableā€¦

1 Like

Wizards and archers are scared of losing their spots in parties, which is selfish imo.
All mmos Iā€™ve played give melee characters dps roles. It just meant they lack in other areas such as aoe, tanking, or utility. We already risk being melee and get little in return. The game advertises that we can give up other areas for damage but doesnt deliver. Diversity is should be what this game is promoting otherwise just remove all the other circles. Let all swordsmen be pelesta.

Another concern is pvp where everybody can just kite us. Its not even funny how useless we are if we donā€™t have cata3.

2 Likes

Personally I think swordsman is doing fine so farā€¦ I wish there is hp drain addedā€¦ Maybe attribute to pain barrierā€¦ Sure all swordsman got that skillā€¦ Help swordsman on survival.

1 Like

lvl 250 dragoon here, im totally fine with my class.

In Storage? Go there and check it out.

Anyone have the buff list for Swordsman for Korean ToS?

What buff, sonny? Weā€™re totally screwed evn in kToS. Try reddit to find the patch notes.

Going to be honest this is the truth. If I start a group and you ask to join when you get in my group if you donā€™t have pel 1 I will insta kick you no questions asked unless I know you personally. No offense but you do nothing for my party that otherā€™s canā€™t do better from every tree. FFS a wiz 3 linker 3 Chronomancer 1 out damages you. Not being bitter itā€™s the truth. You can reach their dps but you would need to be geared out in all oranges fully gemmed out and monster gemmed out. To reach their non high end gear damage.

3 Likes