Tree of Savior Forum

Swordman c3 buffs or barbarian c2 buffs

if you tested both can you tell me which one is better?

both with attributes, i heard barbarian buffs are better to single target and bosses while swordman buffs c3 are better with multiple targets.

i also heard gung ho + concentrate with their attributes are almost a blessing buff.

corsai is my goal.

also i see Ktos is giving some buff cooldown to barbarian but i see 0 buffs to swordman c3.

sorry for my bad english, thanks.

Dont go swordsman c2 or c3 for damage. Its for PvP.

Swordman C3 is straight PvP build. Restrain skill is the main reason. Any skill will have 40% chance to stun your opponent and 12 seconds movement speed reduction.

Barb3 is completely different. Seism 10 and Pouncing for AoE grinding season.
Frenzy10 and Warcry10 are nice but won’t make a huge difference for bosses.

Notes aside: Swordman 3 Barbarian 3 is also a PvP build. Cleave lvl 15 on double stun targets will deal 4x damage, most likely 2 shot on non CON targets.

Good luck.

Forgot to mention, Restrain skill has sinergy with Cyclone, not just good for PvP but useful on grinding to plainly chain stun without taking any damage, pretty good if you’re a full STR build or just squishy target with low HP.

yes i was about to ask you this about restrain, thank you guys.

Gung Ho lv5 with max attribute: +70 damage
Gung Ho lv15: +100 damage
Concentrate lv5 with max attribute: +111 damage 10 hits
Concentrate lv15: +126 damage 25+ hits (can’t remember exactly but tosbase info is wrong)

So you gain +30 damage for GH and +15 for Conc. Since your main purpose going S3 is for the buffs, there goes 2 ranks down the drain. Since your aim is Corsair, Concentrate applies the damage to each Hexen Dropper and Dust Devil hit, but it only takes 1 hit for each skill off of your 10 available at lv5 meaning you can use all your skills and still have leftover hits from Concentrate so any more than that is not necessary. Concentrate also only applies to the 1st hit of Sacrament and Last Rite so again it’s not really needed for auto attacks. On top of all that, when your buff bar is stacked, popping Concentrate and/or Gung Ho is going to get rid of something much more useful.

Now Barb2:
Warcry: +95 damage for 40 secs with 42 secs downtime.
Frenzy: +150 damage for 40 secs with 50 secs downtime.

Not all that different compared with S3 but with Barb2 you get 3 damage skills and 2 stuns on top of that. Plus Barb might be getting buffed so Barb2 wins hands down. If you really want a build based around buffs go Barb3 where Frenzy and Warcry gets a lot better.

TL;DR
lv5 Gung Ho and lv5 Concentrate is all you’ll ever need.

thank you!! i will go swordman>pelasta>barb 2>corsai c3 and later i will test restrain for pvp, my goal is pve atm.

Swordman buffs outside of Pain Barrier are just for the Shinobi’s sake.
Since that same 70-100 from Gung-ho will benefit all your clones.

Outside of Shinobi, Swordsman is a pvp focused class.

O.o dude where did you get this low cooldowns? Does it come with ktos buffs? I thought warcry has 82 and frenzy has 90 cd.?

he means 40+ seconds waiting to use it again.
i do think they had a cooldown reduction though, about 20 seconds off each.

where did you get this info, i can’t find anything related to this, if this is true then they changed everything regarding warcry and frenzy and it doesn’t make sense, since they do the same thing.

Tomredwait covered it for me thanks. Downtime doesn’t mean cooldown. Although ktos reduced the CD for those 2 skills by a healthy margin so let’s hope we get those soontime.

why don’t you answer my question, ¿where’s the source of those changes?.

Currently, a maxed attribute Warcry has a 1min and 42 seconds cooldown. Also, Concentrate adds flat damage while Gung Ho, Frenzy and Warcry add physical attack. The latter will scale with attributes, critical modifier (1.5x) and whatever else sort of modifier you can get. It will also be reduced by defense, however.

If somehow you stack all those up (excluding Concentrate) you would get 800-830 extra physical attack, x1.5 if it criticals and x1.y where y is your level of the respective Enhance attribute. This is currently a waste of time and not practical though mainly because of Frenzy stacking mechanics. Concentrate will always add those 100+ extra damage regardless of defense critical or attributes.

It’s all over the place so I don’t know how you couldn’t find any. Here’s a nice list put together by @tampon

I guess I worded Frenzy a little wrong as I forgot to account for the time it’ll take to build those stacks.