Tree of Savior Forum

[SUBMIT] Love on FIRE!

i believe you had no malintention with this. art is tricky, and basically using things directly from other people counts as art theft.

borrowing palettes and looking at a flower for reference, or looking at an art with sparkly anime eyes for reference, is normally alright. but copy+pasting art is where the line gets crossed : ( usually permission has to be given, or you have to buy the rights to something in order to use it directly.

inspiration + reference is alright (and in this case, using the models from ingame is okay too since the rules said its okay) but you have to be wary of crossing the line.

people may still be cruel to you after this becauseā€¦ idk, internet i guess, but im very glad you learned and apologize. thats the important part in my opinion

8 Likes

I feel like the main problem now is lack of acknowledgment from the staff. Hopefully the silence is just them considering what actions to take about these and future entries.

2 Likes

Hey donā€™t forget to add the rabbit ears instead of that blue band! The less effort it takes the more likely youā€™ll win!

1 Like

Good thing she apologize.

from my experience, some people are justā€¦ well, like that. no words gonna change them because theyā€™ll still plagiarize/trace over peopleā€™s work until they get caught, again and again. not saying that sheā€™s one ( and I really hope she isnā€™t ) but cĢ¶oĢ¶mĢ¶mĢ¶uĢ¶nĢ¶iĢ¶tĢ¶yĢ¶ staff better keep an eye out from now on.

1 Like

I have read the Thread, and as we stated in Rule, We shall do it so.
I will remove this from the announcement and tell to remove it from facebook too. We will do necessary punishment. @ninamyuu I am terribly sorry that this happened to you ninamyuu. I will promise you that I will do what I must, and will improve our rules to not to happen this again.

13 Likes

Lolā€¦

1 Like

Will another winner be announced?

2 Likes

That we have to think about, I think we should leave as blank. "for now"
I believe we must focus whatā€™s more important right now, to fill the flaws in the process. But I have an Idea with it. I will tell you after punishment.

6 Likes

Yuri for President/CEO

This is treason against Kim

3 Likes

the forum will gang up on anything they can step up like rabid animalsā€¦

BUT, there are also good people that truly want to help this never happen again and of course really disgusted that it happenedā€¦

you can easily point each out by what they typeā€¦

1 Like

ahā€¦
ā€œreferenceā€ = the action of mentioning or alluding to something.
ā€œpirateā€ = use or reproduce (anotherā€™s work) for profit without permission, usually in contravention of patent or copyright.

ahhā€¦
no offense to anyone , just trying to explain the meaningā€¦
Thanks Google , LUL

1 Like

Excuse me-excuse me!:sweat_smile:
Sorry iā€™m late ā€¦ Ooh what should i do :fearful:
a post facebook ā€˜Love on FIRE!ā€™ has already deleted.

I,m actually :sweat:
I sharing to report my good friend ā€˜Nina Myuā€™ @ninamyuu on facebook because i knowed is that nina myuā€™s dragon nest fan art? Oh my gosh i must to report my good friend! :astonished:
Then after i reported @ninamyuu report tree of savior admin on facebook and forum this
Seriously:sweat: ā€œWa!ā€:scream:

2 Likes

Just out of curiosity, will this also apply to the other contestant, windysama? Itā€™s been proven in general discussion that he/she has also plagiarized (though not to the same degree), a portion of their entry. I just think itā€™d be fair that the same actions are taken so as not to reward any amount of theft.

EDIT: I just saw the announcement of only this removal. Please do consider holding the same accountability to this person. It would be a shame and disheartening if one person got away with doing the same exact thing.

3 Likes

The Sharp conflict of opinion is still going underway. I am watching it closely too. But Iā€™m not sureā€¦ yet.

And about the punishment, I will take every award away from this Festival.
Not to mention the temporary ban.

1 Like

what if they already used it?:thinking:

Same as always, track back and retrieve.

3 Likes

This may be under the fair use exemption since it was altered. So are you saying all those who copied the likeness of their character are also guilty of plaigarism? It is altered, but clearly a likeness to your copyrighted game!

I understand. I simply hope that the implications of promoting even minuscule amounts of thievery are considered, since it will impact not only the person who was rewarded for it, but the artists who committed to this contest authentically, and to those who will also consider extreme ā€œreferencingā€ in future events as a result of it.

I donā€™t think I am ready to answer this question.
There are two opinions that one states that, this a copy of other pixeled Game,
And The other hand, windysama is also debating about it. We already stated that using in-game material is Okay to do.

They both have points, problem is that windysama also have a witness while he is working on it.

But, aside from the problem we also have to start thinking thatā€¦

Where should we put the boundaries?
How much that ppl could take a reference?
From where is the reference and where is the forgery begins?

By Answering this problem, or to trying to answer this problem could make our next Festival, or events a improvement.

1 Like