Tree of Savior Forum

[SUBMIT] Love on FIRE!

punish it punish it punish it

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

-■■■■■■,2017

boundaries are always still being debated, but im all down for “as close to the legal boundaries as possible”, under the contract terms of “by submitting your art, you agree that all the content is yours and from ToS” (since you can use in-game things).

something like that.

Yes, we cannot sever it precisely, but we could make common ground, there is where i want to find. To making a rule.

1 Like

If you please, an easy boundary between forgery and reference would be identifiable resemblance to the original. A “unique” content should not be traceable (pardon the pun) to the original, and thus it should be a chimeric gestalt of it’s own instead of OP’s original+additions.

“References” if used at all, must be a single component that does not resemble a full art by itself, like perhaps the Fox Musk OP used, not at all an entire human face also used by OP.

That said, tracing also fits the former category because the skeletal structure of the said piece remains the same, even if it is “new”.

tl;dr if it clearly looks like the original, like structure instead of general theme, it’s probably plagiarism.

yeah. with the case/cases of plagiarism from this contest, we were able to find the cases of plagiarism because we noticed it.

i understand 100% that you guys, the staff, aren’t artists, which makes it difficult for this; since a level of skill is needed to notice plagiarism via inconsistencies in the style. so i think it’s totally okay to rely on the community, if it helps you guys identify the resemblance. most of the time, it’s how things just have to go.

1 Like

sorry for the late reply
@Tsunami9 I don’t see you use a reference for your work, the only one I see is my character’s head is cut off, either you do intentionally or not I hope you never copy or steal someone artwork again.
I accept your appology and I assume the problem is solved because @STAFF_Yuri have made the decision that I think it’s fair enough but I think taking away the awards for other participant who made the artwork fairly is not necesarry, remove @Tsunami9 plagiarism work from loading screen and a punishments for her is enough.
thank you to @STAFF_Yuri for the respond and thank you for all of TOS community who helped me solved this case. sorry to bother you all with my problem

3 Likes

Now all is in order, time to stop tracking this thread and go back to normal

2 Likes

I read all this interesting post, but now I thinking about this user @ninamyuu.
She/he is really the author of DN artwork ?
Or just a troller ?
She/he is join here only to tell that your art was stolen but everyone is able to tell this (also me with another ip and account on forum (?)) *it’s an example
So the justice is really done ?

1 Like

Even she/he is the author or not, what he/she point out is true.
Everyone have the right to point out a thief.
and just stop it.
It’s done