Tree of Savior Forum

[SUBMIT] deleteee

3 Likes

may i ask where the background is from? ā€˜wā€™?

1 Like

secret hahaha xD :joy:

Sure.

Youā€™re welcome.

5 Likes

awww the spoiler people

ya know ya canā€™t do that if itā€™s not from ToS, aside from not your original work Owoy

2 Likes

Ya my bad but that link it give people to download and use it if not it wont let people download it,
combination and manipulate picture also an art :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
how can i be copy if the material is already there in the game.
people always hate to see something nice :slight_smile:
too bad for those who cant draw and cannot enter the event bcause of some fukers
thinks they know art like they know god. :smiley:
if u want to make ur desktop wallpaper also can it nice rite :slight_smile:

1 Like

Actually is very simpleā€¦ Do you own the rights of the background image??? If not, IMC CANā€™T take it, plain and simpleā€¦

4 Likes

Yes it is very simple and people make it difficult and its very hard to explain to this people, it didnā€™t stated copyright even give link to download it so i think i have the rights to use it :slight_smile:

Ok, i will make it even simplerā€¦ do you have the rights FROM the original author??? its a picture from devian art from 2016 iirc, the same way that you may be infringing copyright, the website could also be infringing itā€¦ In all of this type of contest is very tricky what you are doing, not saying its bad or not allowedā€¦ just saying that if it isnt YOURS, then theres problemsā€¦

3 Likes

omgggggg it not simpler u make it so complicated man plsā€¦ :man_facepalming: simple question is like this checho do u know what fan art is?

Okā€¦ you started itā€¦

Do you know the difference of personal use AND selling it or using it to participate in a contest???

I just hope that no1 contact the original ownerā€¦ good luck with the contestā€¦ i really like what you did, just that i was making sure that it could be a reality, but i guess you are but hurt for al the ppl that are trying to tell you you are not originalā€¦ i was in the camp trying to ā€œdefendā€ you in the legallity of your entry, and believe me, getting the owner on devianart to send you something as proof that he is allowing you is rather simple if they are kinda activeā€¦ soooooooā€¦ againā€¦ good luckā€¦

2 Likes

hih checho donā€™t get me wrongā€¦ i dont start anything man, some people just afraid that IMC will pick me over them and start trowing all insecure comment, when i reply back now iā€™m the but hurt and Iā€™m tired man for this endless debate. if it not allowing people to use it already stated there in the caption or put some trademark in the picture wont u agree?

I canā€™t say for sure if they can take your entry as valid or not since youā€™re using someone else background, it doesnā€™t matter if it open up in the internet or if the person didnā€™t stamped a trademark or copyright on it. The only exception for this is when the website and artist has it as free use (and i donā€™t know russian to check that out).

Honestly i have no idea how image editting works in both artistic and legal spheres regarding ownership of source material and how much it has to change in order to become property of the editor (or if that doesnā€™t even happen), however i can say for sure that not crediting the owner will work against you as it implies the ownership of such image is yours (and applying filters doesnā€™t change the piece enough to construct a new one) and prevents other people to see your skill as they are privated from references to compare.

Iā€™ll leave an article here that talks about a real example of plagiarism despite the artist composing something noticeably different (yet identical) from the source, of course it is unfair to put you into the same dimensions as someone that is taken as a professional and earns money from it but IMC may not be willing to risk themselves for something as small as a contest (especially when it can signal others to do so in the future).

I got a lot more talk about but iā€™ll save it for the contest to end, wish you luck.

2 Likes

I will make it even simplerā€¦

https://www.deviantart.com/ivanlaliashvili

Thats the guy that made that artworkā€¦ just reach him and ask permission and doneā€¦ all the rest is your own dramaā€¦ i like what you did, and i would love to see more devianart ā€œstolenā€ and merged with ToSā€¦ but to not bring problems to imc, you need the author permission to publish it in a contestā€¦ besides thatā€¦ good luck againā€¦

3 Likes

Just wait for staff to clarify the rules if thereā€™s really an issue. If they donā€™t say anything and it ends up in the list of entries then thereā€™s no issue. (EDIT: Though plagiarized or traced stuff discovered should be reported, I use the flag function for this)

Itā€™s better if we get the clarification from staff and not through a userā€™s interpretation of the rules, remember that the rules can also change like what happened during the IP conflict thing from voters.

Itā€™s also better in the long term when rules are made more clear so that some participants wonā€™t have to waste their time making entries that canā€™t be chosen (iirc, thereā€™s already history of a stick figure artwork earning enough votes to win as a user pick but IMC simply didnā€™t count it as a winner).

1 Like

those poses are too generic, just personal opinion

1 Like

My goal was to examplify how plagiarism can be interpreted even with a visible distiction between materials, as in this submission it isnā€™t seen.

Iā€™m quite split on that case tho, as you said those poses are indeed generic and some links are quite farfetched. However for a case like that we have to consider the media (light novels having few illustrations), context of each picture, what it tries to communicate, publication dates, artistic direction style, similarity degree and occurences. I donā€™t believe any experienced artist can draw the exact same pose unintentially for different contexts especially when you have less illustrations to work, after all each character has their own personality and it wouldnā€™t be smart to not try communicate it (even tho none of these seem to be really relevant for narrative) when you have the skill to. Even a media so over recycled as light novels can pull off the same scene over and over from all sorts of different variations of the same pose and angles.

1 Like

while the image is free for everyone to use, it cannot be used by imc for official display, such things like this are for personal use only.

you are free to use images thatā€™s from imc though (but not to an extent itā€™s the main feature, like using edited screenies/materials in BG or minor elements in a composition )

itā€™s a bit tricky when it comes to photo editing other peopleā€™s work

if we were to say to take a free wallpaper then edited it to an extent it doesnā€™t resemble the original image and not used as a main element in the composition (for minor purposes such as texturing/backgrounding/coloring/etc)

like so

maybe only then it can be considered? i donā€™t know XD

4 Likes

Not to mention the charactersā€™ art belongs to MAGGI. Even if theyā€™re from the game, they were drawn and created by MAGGI. Its her art. It doesnā€™t matter if you donā€™t have the ā€œtalentā€ or skill level to create your own drawing, a beginnerā€™s job is always better than cheating.

4 Likes