Tree of Savior Forum

So we only need new artworks like this?

I have just realized about new artwork contest lately, but something looks so weird. Do we need only revamp, adjustment, and re-shade old materials from game directory? No more drawing creatively?

https://forum.treeofsavior.com/t/submit-outlaw-class/395001

https://forum.treeofsavior.com/t/submit-assassin-class/394999

https://forum.treeofsavior.com/t/submit-assassin-musketeers-centurion-outlaw/394975

2 Likes

Art Requirements:

Format: JPG/PNG/PSD

Size: 1920*1080px, 300dpi

The art must be related to the theme

Acceptable mediums:

• Illustration

• Comic panels

• An image that utilizes in-game screenshots or material.

• Real-life photography, or images that utilize such, will not be accepted

• Please note: We will exclude votes cast by forum accounts that shared the same IP addresses after reviewing the accounts. The results of the user vote are a reflection of this change.

Personally I don’t think he broke any rules. But to be honest, chances of his work having a high vote or being picked by the judges are slim if compared to the others more original drawn art. Some people are just better at drawing and some people are just better at photoshop and I think he’s the latter.

5 Likes

Staff also mentioned before when someone asked that there’s a limit of 1 entry per person.

Also I agree that it’s technically within the rules, though staff could clarify it too because it also falls within the violation of

have not been copied, in whole or in part, from any other work

Screenshots and in-game sprites at least don’t belong to any one artist or cannot really be considered as an artwork. NPC portraits on the other hand, are the work of a specific artist.

1 Like

Actually I mention about idea, not a rule. Yes, as you said it is not easy to be selected as winner, but imc usually made mistakes. This time, who knows?

2 Likes

Besides their rules (that I am not worried about), it seems creativeless imo.

1 Like

Its a Fansite / Fan Art Category its up to anyone how to express their idea or combination of picture as long as it not contain nudes or inappropriate picture or copy views or idea form other people. Even a hangman drawing is an art. I just expressing my ideas and what i want people to see. What is the use of fansite if the fans cant post or revamp the materials that already HAVE in the game to express their self. If u can revamp better just do it, if ur good at drawing just draw no need to judged other people for lack of drawing creativity such. Not all people can draw like u lol so people cant draw cannot enter art event? illustrate picture also an art. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

That’s gonna be IMC’s problem and not the participant’s if they choose a winner that people don’t like , find offensive or broke the rules. I’ll leave it up to them on which works they accept, and just hold them responsible later if they screw up.

tq He didn’t read lmao.

An image that utilizes in-game screenshots or material.

Its a Fansite / Fan Art Category its up to anyone how to express their idea or combination of picture as long as it not contain nudes or inappropriate picture or copy views or idea form other people. Even a hangman drawing is an art. I just expressing my ideas and what i want people to see. What is the use of fansite if the fans cant post or revamp the materials that already HAVE in the game to express their self. If u can revamp better just do it, if ur good at drawing just draw no need to judged other people for lack of drawing creativity such. Not all people can draw like u lol so people cant draw cannot enter art event? illustrate picture also an art. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I mean… using Tree of Savior OFFICIAL art isn’t much of a fanart, to me at least. What looks really weird to me is the multiple entries being allowed, considering it may cause repetition in the piece, style and theme.
I do think they try to be inclusive and that is good. But maybe they could do a whole different contest for “image manipulation” or “reediting” the official art, as these seem too much different of a task.

@Kruger you are so hatred and judgmental person because other people can do better then you :rage:

:expressionless: IMC didn’t stated in the rules and not many people participating in fan art event, not just me many people submit multiple enteries as well. If u have just more submit it as long as dont copy other people style. I dont think need diffrent contest because this event alraedy call Fansite / Fan Art Category all platform can be use in my opinion. Otherwise it call drawing art category :expressionless:

I think you are getting a little bit defensive. Don’t worry. We are not attacking you. We’re discussing IMC’s event.
And as you repeated what I said I think in this matter we agree: Yes, they didn’t stated that multiples entries weren’t allowed in the rules. And that looks weird to me.
Another matter we don’t agree is with the content of the contest. I really meant what I said, unfortunately: I think this kind of contests should be separete. Just a matter of opinion.
I am not participating since i’m feeling lazy but i’m THRILLED to see Shiseptiana’s, Charredh’s and WarNux’s artwork. All in good spirit. And in case I was, I would prefer yours over mine, because I would be glad to see Maggi’s work more than a hundred times over mine. :blush:

3 Likes

Very nice word to read you are a good person. Yeah i hope i can draw like other people :man_shrugging: . It just he cc my post picture without my permission here thats why im a little bit mad like he accuse me breaking the rules and say im lack of drawing creatively. Idc if he want to discuss or anything why cc my picture just can use words to ask and discuss. I hope IMC accpt my fan art or didnt accept im okay with it as long as he read the description that i made and hope for Tos 2.0 that much importance. There many talented people much better drawing and its so awesome to see all that and also the funny ones!!! like hangman drawing but its sad if someone feels unsecured about his fan art and start judge other people creativity.

Sorry if I do something aggressive. I just want express my opinion on this contest. It is called artwork contest. That’s why I think it is supposed to be drawing and artwork relatively. Probably, more alter event or new stuff about graphic re-adjustment will be a better thing. Just hope to see it from imc if possible.

Artwork doesn’t mean specific on drawing only. I use my imagination to create the picture with the material that already there in the game. :rage: if ur drawing is good imc will pick you dont worry just don’t feel insecure abt your artwork and judge other people creativity if they better then you :expressionless: or just do one like me if ur feels insecure still dont harm anyone.

I never thought somebody would be thrilled to see my art. :sad: :sparkling_heart:

4 Likes

I don’t see how blatantly copying background and the new NPC portraits qualifies for this contest… there’s no ounce of artwork involved, simple copy/paste of someone else’s artwork.

Then submit that! At least it would be something original… Hell even a blank picture saying “The assassin’s perfect cover in the snow” would be art!

2 Likes

Well idgaf i do what i want, if u don’t like it shut the f up okay :slight_smile: im not copy ur idea neither ur art rite? how can i being copy if is already in the game i just use it and edit is as what i want to see as a fan art am i copy your art no rite? so shut tf up :slight_smile: just submit ur art i dont need another negative opinion like you know what art is lol :slight_smile: