Tree of Savior Forum

State of Archer after the re

I know it’s a bit early but i’m boring so let’s discuss about the future of the archer after the tsunami of changes coming at us.

My first impression was that archer got the worst of these, despite of clerics fan saying the got it, pistol theme, scout and hacka were removed of the archer branch. This could result in a very short build diversity but at least musky and canonier are getting some love with new classes. My biggest concern is now if you want to be a bow user, you will be forced to get mergen. I could be wrong and maybe things like ranger-sapper-qs will be a thing and it will depende a lot on how classes are reworked.

Anyway, i would like to list what are the builds will arise

• Ranger - Falco/Flecther/(maybe hunter, maybe sapper, maybe wugu)- Mergen : A typicil bow user. I haven’t put qs here, because it seems running shot is gonna be revomed so i see no further sinergy, but i could be wrong. You could also try falc/fletcher/mergen.

• Ranger/Hunter/Sapper - Musk/Canon - New Musk / New Canon : Again, as Canon now will use a two handed weapon and no rs, i see no point in combine those two with qs.

• Sapper or Hunter themed: Maybe with the rework these two classes can shine by itself and things like ranger/wugu/sapper, sapper/wugu/hunter or any combination like that would become viable.

Anyway, what are you thoughts guys? As i said my biggest concern is mergen being too predominant and what will be the spot of qs.

Oddly, I think QS will be the go-to for PVP, until we know more.

Some early ideas:

Sapper/Falc/Piper will likely be an exceptional support build, provided core skills like detonate, aiming, and the piper buffs remain.

A hunter rework would be nice, perhaps QS/hunter with cannon or musket or piper would be a good PVP support build.

Some other questions before any of the build ideas can really be answered:

1.) Will wugushi keep the wide miasma stealth?
2.) How will the new musket/cannon compatible class play out?
3.) How does appraiser get fleshed out?
4.) Will things which buff or solely support crossbows/subweapon get replaced, phased out, or usable on 2h bows/musket/cannon?
5.) Will sniper’s serenity be supported with other weapon types, or will other skills be expanded to support muskets (and probably also cannons)? With the current weapon rules any musk or cannon builds will be very limited and feel forced
6.) What defensive options will archers have in PVP if they lose scout and stats are mostly pushed towards offensive stats across the classes?

Until those questions are answered, it’ll be pretty hard to flesh out builds. Least for me. I also don’t necessarily think that the only “bow” option is mergen, but it depends on how those currently lower circles are adjusted and brought up to speed.

1 Like

We got the least amount of classes but still they all seem to have a synergy that can be explored. Weapon will not be as limiting as before so most combinations might be viable. Cannon becoming a 2H weapon will force them to make more skills compatible with it and that might reflect in musket class too.
Of course not all combinations will be meta, but still they gonna be playable.

Correct me if I an wrong here…

• Yes, Ranger Fletcher Mergen looks like the staple meta bow build after rebuild but seeing they are already built with 3 circles currently, only real change is having +150 crit rate from Archer3

• I play ranger falco mergen, and while hidden interaction with Feint Barrage and crit rate from Sneaky hit will be gone, I get +150 crit rate for that matter. also the full circles for mergen after rebuild which I believe is more beneficial than what I am losing

• archer tree getting to be built like crit based now too given that leather gives crit rate now too?

I feel they should reintroduce new skills for other classes under archer otherwise there might be limited builds for us that are still effective

Archer became the most boring Tree by Far, just watch 90% of the players going Scout and never looking back.

3 Likes

I respect that, but I think I still enjoy archer just solely based on playstyle. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good, keep the scrubs out of the tree.

Exactly. Anyone who enjoys archers will enjoy them all the same. Having cloaking and some other buffs that got moved to scout was just a bonus before. It doesn’t change the fact that we are long-range death machines.

2 Likes

When I came back to ToS some time a go I created an Archer as new char.

I used ArcherC2, QSC3, FalconerC3, MergenC2 so far and I am really enjoying he build. However what I might be feared of is the removal of Running Shot. It had a really good synergy with FalconerC3. Furthermore I really liked walking around while shooting. Do you guys know what I could pick instead of QS3 for the build?

Thanks for the help,
kind regards,
Alatariel

Ranger > Falco> Mergen will be for sure strong as it is now.

As Borel said. I myself was QS3 too before but like what I have said long time ago, AA build was becoming obsolete but many people argued it wasn’t. Look at it now RS being deleted.

Pick Ranger3 instead, it is a lot better and involves more skill rotation than just holding down 1 button most of the time…

i will missed feint+barrage and capture+arrow rain+flare shot combo, oh and cloaking and sneak hit too

Same here… Feint barrage was honestly OP, considering how it basically doubles your barrage dps by 2, and how quickly you can do 3 OH.

For me Sneaky Hit is basically replaced by Archer3 SS. Although from speculation to reach new crit cap with 60%, we might be looking at around 1100 +/- crit rate

Just saying that you probably won’t get 150 C.rate from archer 3
Since archer 3 won’t exist anymore and if i understood correctly, base class is lvl 15 only

Probably it won’t. It will be difficult to get cr after the change.

I have no idea how archer will be after this Re… i play as archer since i started play ToS, i’ve tried play with other builds but no success (boring to play with) :smile:… i’m quite worried with this changes… Currently archer1-ranger3-fletcher1-falc3-mergen2 and i do have a really nice DPS, damage and high sustain since i have a lot of con… let’s wait and see what will happen with archers…

Archer-fletcher-mergen-falconer or archer-ranger-mergen-falconer will be one of the best DPS build with some support (circling and aiming), that we can’t deny :smile: but le’ts wait and see if the’ll change something :eyes:

1 Like

With the current range of archer classes, and the loss of Scout, there isn’t much options for them, they are doomed to be one shot by Wizards, Retis and Lancers. They might add new defensive skills to fix this but I doubt they thought ahead that far, as IMC doesn’t have anyone in power who understands PvP in MMOs.

If they were focused enough on PvP to care about giving Archers a way to play then they wouldn’t have made the ranges as insane as they were in the first place, Dimension Compression, Kino CC, Linkers DoT, Retis net, all of these would have much shorter ranges or there would be more MS available to melee classes and Archer classes would have a much greater auto attack range.

Simply add Stagger for archer skills and voi lá
well… that and the archer range adjustments

voilà*

sorry couldn’t resist

I think thauma and enchanter are must haves for AA builds (for both attack speed and enchant lightning). At least, that is what I think make the most sense.

That would mean I cannot add linker…

Edit: oh shiii… sorry I got scout and archer mixed up…

I dunno why but I think linker would work in archer elegantly, some kind of acrobat-style class.

Would be too OP, but still.