Tree of Savior Forum

Stance on addons?

personally I think the chunks of killed mobs flying around should be generally reduced, it has a large impact on performance :confused:

This is an incredibly cool addon! My settings :slight_smile:

Try the version @kadshadow posted

It comes with a tool to help you complete 100% of map exploring xD

And a new version with in-built Advanture Journal tracker:
https://www.reddit.com/r/treeofsavior/comments/4e9g9w/want_to_chase_that_carrot_on_a_stick_download_the/

1 Like

@STAFF_Ethan

What do you think of this one:

Already using it. Its awesome. Tell me if I should disable it thou ;(

Up. Iā€™d like to know the staffs stance on this one. WE BADLY NEED A QUEST JOURNAL :slight_smile:

Just a simple completed quests journal would be so helpful.

An addon was posted today that reveals all available quests in a zone and puts them in your log so you can do them. This is a problem because anyone who doesnā€™t have the addon is now at a huge disadvantage because theyā€™re missing vital quests. The game was designed so that quests are hidden and players must take the time to find them and it should remain this way. Addons in general are a cancer to any game and I highly encourage you take a hard ā€œNo addons of any kindā€ stance.

Hereā€™s the link. Please advise your thoughts on this:

Edit: Hereā€™s another one to look at. I am assuming this is also not allowed as it automates gameplay.

https://www.reddit.com/r/treeofsavior/comments/4fcwh5/macroaddon_automatically_learn_attributes/

i dont know how big that disadvantage is but even without that addon thereā€™s tosbase for the list of quest per map

thereā€™s toscamp for the whole map and npc location (but some area are in korean language) and chest location and also non npc that provides quest

edit:

so its the same if a person doesnt know how to properly search then having an addon that displays quest wont affect them.

1 Like

I donā€™t see any problem with that quest addons, right now Ktos already has the same thing
http://www.inven.co.kr/webzine/news/?news=154469&site=tos
itā€™s show all quest mark in that map and player can see all quest available via mini map
http://www.inven.co.kr/webzine/news/?news=154822&site=tos

as long as an addon doesnt alter anything like auto target or auto skill or auto pots on low hp then it will be ok

i would like to see if they can make an addon that fixes the hitbox of mobs specifically made for mouse users (can target the body or every part of the body instead of the ground or circle below the unit) since pets and such really obstruct our targeting

No they donā€™t. Vital quests canā€™t be missed.[quote=ā€œLeiloni, post:69, topic:141262ā€]

The game was designed so that quests are hidden and players must take the time to find them and it should remain this way.
[/quote]

The addon specifically states that it does NOT reveal any quest that are intended as ā€œhiddenā€ quests.

Every quest is technically hidden because they donā€™t show up unless you talk to the NPC that gives it. The only ones that show up automatically are story quests. So yes, a player without this could potentially be missing a ton of quests if theyā€™re not careful enough.

1 Like

Thatā€™s why we use it, right? For clarity.

Iā€™ve seen that addon everywhere on vids on Youtube I think itā€™s accepted.

On that note the popular one atm on ToS subreddit is a quest revealer.

I wonder, if they were to use VAC for this game, if addons would get us auto-banned.

Thereā€™s a similar thread about all this here too. Frankly, I find it silly that there are people against this addon.

1 Like

@STAFF_Ethan

Hi iā€™d like to know if we are allowed to use the addon that shows the elements propierty and HP value of the monsters, and the one that shows how many monsters we still have to kill for get the rewardā€¦ thanks!

Please like/comment for an official process! It will help speed up the approval times as well as promote user safety when dealing with addons.

2 Likes

I need help i have correctly install all Excrulon lua mods. But i click that Load Addons. It doesnĀ“t load the Addons

Any news on this ?..