Tree of Savior Forum

Stance on addons?

If DPS meters are allowed, and if you get one set up… for the love of all that is holy, please formulate buffs to award the DPS to the person who cast the buff and not the player using the buff.

If a support gives you +500 damage per hit then you are delivering the damage but it would be the person who cast the buff that made that damage boost possible i.e. it is the support’s damage but dealt through you. This could require a little more work (checking damage against active buffs, possibly even as far as requiring the support to have the addon as well to track buffs cast in case ownership isn’t a given) but this would finally help prove how much a good support who juggles his buffs appropriately can do and not just slap them at the bottom of every DPS chart by default.

1 Like

@arendarskib
any news regarding your project? i’d love to see your api :slight_smile:

the viewer doesnt work. i followed the installation steps and edited the lua, but it wont work.

you’re probably with an outdated version

Try this one:

1 Like

thanks for link, just bookmarked it :3

1 Like

it is the newest version

I’d like to see a damage meter. Simply because it would give players more information and we would be able to give IMC better feedback, so they can balance the game properly, rather than just blindly making changes and not accomplishing anything with them.

it’s working here D:

you installed it right?

It works now :smiley:

1 Like

Now I’m curious on their stance on a few things, like simple .xml edits, swapping out the load screen .jpgs (technically altering files), and blocking chat spam externally.

Can you get banned for something like that?

from xml, most likely

as we already have some case regarding this issue (quest exploit)

NONONONONONONO please… have you seen what happened to The Elder Scrolls Online? Addons shouldnt be a thing, they spoil the fun.

In TESO you have to wait for updated version of addon everytime TESO gets patch/hotfix/whatever. Outdated onces often break the game. And since it doesnt come from devs, you have to rely on 3rd-party, which is often 1 dude who has limited time to implement changes. If IMC is not going to take the reins of addons, its going to be a mess.

You cannot clearly distinguish OP addons from just addons. This whole segregation is based on individual approach. For example in TESO its not imbalanced to have addons which shows you location of lore books, skyshards etc., but that way people waste so much fun not realizing it, and before they notice, game becomes obvious, dull and boring.

Now, dont get me wrong, TESO has some issues with user interface which needs rework and addons are great, when they show you exact number of HP, or damage cloud which was non-existent, its nice to be able to see your weapon while you’re mounted, its nice to have different inventory view ( grid instead of list) so on so forth…

… but people are going to push the line and cross the border of fair play, they will spoil the fun for themselves. Its not worth it in my opinion.

… and stuff like DPS counter will only bring out the worst of people, toxic competition and hatred towards custom builds which are not maxed in terms of dps gonna be expelled. Even if dungeon isnt that hard. Even if the lower-dps-guy overall does better job because he is skilled instead.

/2000 characters

isn’t there an api to do a spam filter with Lua? I’m sure there’s an api to post in the chat but I don’t think there’s one to stop an incoming message…unless there’s something like ON_RECEIVE_CHAT that you can override.

Could you provide me with info regarding how to extract information about completed quests. While IMC hasn’t done this feature i wish to do simple list of completed quest to be able track ones that i didn’t made yet. Thanks.

I use tosbase to track quests…

Tos base give you full list of quests, but you can’t find out which one you did on your character. I can barely remember which quests i done after breaks.

Easy, copy/paste to word and delete after completing…

Why do this, if you can make simple ingame journal and help others until IMC do it themselves .

Map Fog Viewer is allowed?

https://www.reddit.com/r/treeofsavior/comments/4doxp5/cant_find_remaining_spots_on_a_map_introducing/?sort=new

Can I get an addon that remove the mess after enemies die and other effects :\