Tree of Savior Forum

@Staff_Max, Un-ban me

lol @ the same defense as aidity

“I used my botting for myself, not to sell! I’m different!”

sounds boting to me.

It’s not about macros or addons.

There is just a blanket statement about 3rd party programs. This includes everything. From addons that allow you to sell in the field, to addons that show monster information, to macros, etc. These are all 3rd party.

They use their own discretion when choosing to ban someone.

If I get banned for doing this, whatever. That’s cool. You should have a better system in place to be more clear on the rules instead of this gray area where you ban players for one reason or another, while letting others go.

But to not ban RMT botters DIRECTLY in front of you the entire time you’re testing to see if I’m a bot is a joke.

That just shows you don’t care. You’re just there banning whoever for whatever reason with zero consistency.

Here I’ll break this down.

A macro simple or complex, as long as it allows autonomous gameplay without needing a human to control it for a period of time, constitutes as botting.

No matter how well or beautiful you package your opinions or whatever peripherals and software you use, no matter how disruptable your macro is, it doesn’t justify what you do is correct. If this clear enough?

And next, being a paying customer or not, doesn’t give you the autonomy of being unbannable in any case. In this case, it is clear that you have used scripts and peripherals to automate tasks (a.k.a botting) and henceforth you deserve the ban. It doesn’t matter whether you are a free-to-play player or someone who has sinked in over 9000 USD in DLCs/TP.

@Staff_Max I do hope that you look into this character Momohime, and ban that account too if it is a bot. I know you probably can only do it when there are concrete evidence, so do check Monohime out if it holds true. Please ban the account too. Having banned an obvious botter but having another one just right beside him leaves a bad taste to the other players too, sad to say.

Oh come on, be brave. I know you do care, if not you wouldn’t have created such a thread and actively trying in vain to defend your actions. Even your topic has already state your intent clearly.

5 Likes

I created this thread to call out the GM.

He banned me for macroing, while another bot was directly in his face the entire time he was testing to see if I was a bot.

A bot who has farmed 87MM silver.

You can say what you want, but when you’re given discretion on who you ban and who you don’t, and you willing choose to not ban a known RMT botter, it sends a message to the entire community.

They care more about banning players that use simple macros that players themselves can deal with over botters that RMT.

Thats true, some other girl has proven that with a video that they ban the actual players at a higher priority over the actual RMT farmers/botters

toobad shes banned too

IMC already made a statement that addons that offer abnormal functionality are bannable. What does that have to do with macroing?

They ban both. The difference being the players who macro/bot come on the forums to whine. The actual RMTers literally have atleast 20 accounts on standby if one actually does bite the dust, ready to jump back into the game and ready to be left undisturbed. So you don’t really get the presence that they’re ever going down.

That said though, people were complaining that “it was unefficient for a GM to run around banning people because innocents would get in the crossfire”, and with all of these threads I think I’ve really only seen evidence that one person was actually ‘wronged’, but there’s no real way to confirm it.

After the reading the other thread you linked above, I think it could be possible that they banned you to set an example.

The OP was asking if macroing is okay, so the GM probably went in, banned you and logged out right after without even looking at the other characters on the map, just to make a statement.
Just an idea …

And sometimes companies don’t ban obvious RMTers straight away, instead they observe them and their transactions and just do a big banwave a few months later. But too be honest, I’m not sure about that in the case of IMC …

Not all addons are specifically for botting.

The issue really isn’t about that you or anyone used an addon or a macro, it’s how you used them which in this case is technically botting (progressing in-game without human-to-machine/PC interaction).

It’s a botting macro ;/ use common sense pl0x.

Common sense on the internet?!
You must be joking!

Reported you numerous times while I was farming at white grolls. Glad to see you finally banned. Doesn’t matter whether or not momohime gets banned you’re 1 cheater down.

Now that I know you’re related to Tabzy I wouldn’t be surprised to find my suspicion that he/she was botting in dungeon runs true as well. That person was just pathing to the nearest party member and auto attacking the whole time without talking/potting/evading attacks.

Same as botting dude. It is automating your gameplay and that is against the EULA. Sorry for your ban but you should have thought about it first lol

So tired of hearing that it’s the same as botting.

Using a macro that’s “hold S for 15 seconds, wait 15 seconds, repeat” isn’t the same as botting.

Bots are way more sophisticated. You as a player can’t even interrupt one.

You can easily mess with someone using simple macros.

Did the macro run you to the different spots for you or did you manually run to those spots yourself?

The macro doesn’t run to spots. It holds movement keys for a certain amount of seconds.

Bots on the other hand use actual coordinates in games and path to them no matter what.

There’s a big difference there, one being anyone can fsck up the movements of that macro. The other being you can’t stop the bot.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

So the macro is holding your movement keys to automatically move your character for you?

1 Like

There is a difference between a macro for small inputs (like, assigning an CTRL+1 key combo to a mouse button) and a macro that fully automizes gameplay for several hours, like your “walk to 4 locations and kill stuff for several hours”.

What you essentially did was botting by using extremely long macros, which is not allowed.
It does not matter if you used a dedicated bot program or a macro, it was still botting, aka using third party programs to highly automate gameplay and playing the game without you doing any input.

I can’t believe people don’t think that’s botting. That’s like saying “I didn’t use an infinite silver glitch. I only interacted to the market place NPC in a way where he won’t take my silver when i buy something”… Different method, same result, not allowed and should be punished.

Your “someone could’ve stopped me”-argument doesn’t work. Taking the market place NPC-exploit example from above, that’s like saying “Well, if they don’t want me to get their items without paying silver for it someone else should just buy the item before i do”.

[quote=“daays, post:1, topic:311546”]
So on one end you have me, a paying customer.[/quote]
Paying does not elevate you above the games rules, so not sure why you brought that point up.

So, if that argument was acceptable, levelbots and powerleveling services should be acceptable aswell? they’re “only affecting myself”.
Speedhacking should be acceptable? Afterall, it’s only affecting you.

Using small macros for convenience is not forbidden. However, macros that highly automate gameplay are forbidden, since essentially it’s just another way of botting…

1 Like