Tree of Savior Forum

Sr3 with QS3 or Ranger3?

But as a sr3 you wont have a high transcended DGC because you would be using most of your shards on your pistol. I think the other poster is mad because you are giving people build advice without being rank 8. SR3 is made for aoe dmg, if you want to focus on running shot other builds work better.

2 Likes

his question was QS 3 or ranger 3, and i played both just told him my personal experience of those classes
didn’t give him any rank 8 advice.
Sorry that he listened to me and not you.
Besides i didn’t really tell him to QS 3, i told him my preference, that was purely his choice.

1 Like

peace bru.

i also posted here my preferences. you were the one who started replying on me :stuck_out_tongue:

but as i see it, you haven’t reach r8 with your char. please do so, and tell us again about your insights. the fact that i am telling you that Runningshot is Buff-Channeling skill is proof enough that it won’t suit well with SR3. just like as OP asks :sunny:

P.S: i got both so i do understand how it works. i was just triggered with the fact that i can deal 50kish damage with Running shot, i wanna Dish-out my SR3 (R5-R8, pretend they don’t exist) and use running shot forever. lol

1 Like

well, as i said i have no claim that QS is better, just that i personally love running shot more than steady aim and ranger simply bores me which is why i took QS
some people who aren’t bored of ranger would take it and enjoy the 20% more damage from steady aim, i enjoy using running shot in between my SR skills’ CDs.
It’s hard to hear a different opinion i guess.

1 Like

mostly like a staple build for most archer who lean towards R7&R8. as per OP, i think he already knows the difference of R3 and QS3. but was looking other beyond that, which i think is NONE. :sweat_smile:

I’m currently using a Qs3 Sr3 and I have not encountered any issues that makes me inferior to a R3 Sr3. R3SR3 is good because you have a slightly higher damage than the sr3 without steady aim when using retreat shot though the QS3 has a higher overall damage due to running shot. I haven’t equipped and tested my running shot with the gem yet (I haven’t decided which glove to equip it in yet) but I definitely hit exponentially harder than most r3sr3 on limacon. There is a video on this forums by Nicola which shows our team in action during a 315 dungeon if you’d like to see a qs3sr3 in action. [Guide] 315 Dungeon - Fantasy Library

EDIT:

Running shot is actually very useful when you are going agaisnt bosses that constantly cast area target spells because you can deal high single target dps while being extremely mobile compared to the ranger counterpart.

2 Likes

QS3 > RS is pretty much channeling AA while your skills are on down time.

Where as Ranger > SR is basically banking all your skills on SR over hauling them with Ranger buffs + Fill in Incase if you need CD.

The synergy for solo play works towards QS3 but in reality where we have team composition Ranger 3 + SR3 is superior versus QS3.

I have both as well SR3 as well + musket qs3. So i pretty much can tell you that In late end game where You are max out Limacon will be better than QS3 without MCG.

Do take note that as a CASTER type as we go higher we do not have time for RS to AA actually. lol.

You can count the damage spike potential from a SKILL vs A AA.
Limacon does have bounce as compare to QS3 AA.
Keep that in mind. The damage potential is actually doubled.

2 Likes

QS3 for solo fun and PVP if you’re into that.

Ranger3 for minmaxing SR skills and tackling endgame content better (not that you can’t PVP with it as well but QS3 provides more utility on that aspect).

1 Like

Some maths for comparison assuming you just AA all the way verus limacon.

But in reality it will not happen but this is just for science

QS3 AA with MGC with DM Do note that.

Assume MGC at 550% transcend with level 9/10 running shot + DM

3.6/4x mod.

Base physical with low str investment (take str as 100)

(437 base PD + 10 MGC 550%) = (437+3406) = 3843

On crit.

3843 * 1.5 * 4 + 3843 *1.5 = 28k per total AA
Excluding elemental bonus since by then bonus damage won’t really hit more than 3k per hit.

Give it a benefit of the doubt i will put all multi line and elemental buffs in.

so up to 35k for 3 additional liner. 7k potential (2.5k per line)

Limacon calculation. Taken as level 15/16.

1387/1460

Aspna Pistol +10 550% : 4147

Limacon total damage = (437 + 4147 + 1460) * 1.5 * 2 = 18k
( with additional element damage and 2 lines)

23k Here for Limacon. (can bounce up to 46k)

I am ignoring all defense and mod. Just skill damage comparison at optimal

So Optimal MGC VS ASP we have 35k VS 23k(46k).

Here you go. Do take note that i am just comparing Limacon Verus QS3 AA.

In reality when i reach R8 i feel that even my ranger skills are rarely use in a Decent party comp with chrono. As a SR that is.

There’s one more thing to note. Investment. As a QS3 you will really need MGC where as a ranger 3 you can settle with any decent XBOW and just gimp all your upgrade in pistol so you won’t need double investment.

QS3 will be decent as a late game for now if you are pumping all your money to 35k for up to 3hits per second depending on Ping.

If the damage cap unlocks as we go all QS3 is actually… falling off quite hard lol well it’s a early centric class so pretty much.

Anyway OP. Pick your poison. Either route is expensive. Don’t expect damage without investment. Cheers

2 Likes

2 things to note. Limacon can benefit from the +50% damage to mutant types, but bounced hits will NOT get that bonus, or the extra lines or damage so the calcs are a bit off

Still, comparing damage per hit is quite unfair when RS can hit much faster

EDIT: Oh, and limacon doesn’t care about your pistol. It uses your main weapon’s physical attack

oh what. O_O. It’s not secondary damage?

All C attacks with pistol use primary damage. It’s been like that for months, so it’s a feature for all I know lol

eh will test it out later since i am at work.

I do know limacon does mod your Pistol(gun type) to default missile type.

My C attack does do lower damage than my AA and C attack with pistol is default gun O_O… unless i am mistaken ? @______________@ ;wide face;

Any way yes QS does hit up to 3 hit per second where as lima can hit up to 2 with cancel AA.

Not saying that the comparison is off chart but with splash in. It offers more at times. So it actually depends on what you need. But actual fact.
How many times do we really AA with chrono around :disappointed_relieved: that includes limacon ;V. with QS you can just drop limacon i guess.

I have exactly the same damage output no matter what crossbow or pistol I equip o_o[quote=“unicorntheshiny, post:34, topic:337679”]
How many times do we really AA with chrono around :disappointed_relieved: that includes limacon ;V. with QS you can just drop limacon i guess.
[/quote]

As a R3, I honestly only use limacon when farming low level maps or during retreat shot. People say Retreat shot is channeling, but you can still use some other skills. Limacon included

@_______________________@ you mean no matter what pistol you equiped your C damage is still your xbow damage?

As for retreat shot using skills inbetween does cancel the action doesn’t it

(it seem to cancel off my retreat shot that was shooting when i aa after retreat shot while moving away from the target) then go back to going reteat shot when you keep moving. As for skill some are working between some are not @_@

I think everything have been said here BUT if you are in Silute, dont go QS3 the ping will kill you. I suffered myself

Yeah, I just tried with manamana and handgun, both using either isbality or grajus and the damage was the same

It depends which skills. For example, oblique shot is the skill you use by default to slow you down while still doing retreat shot damage and a little boost from oblique shot itself

AA’ing used to be possible too, but since it was pretty broken with running shot, they patched it a long time ago

Strange. The C attack does work with Musket butt stroke though -_-…

Did they broke something again…

(C attack should be using secondary damage though…) god.

Lunar Rabbit confirmed it some time ago, Limacon (pistol attack) does scale with your mainhand, not with offhand. pretty weird right? she also proved that the higher your main weapon is, the bigger bonus G.mole adds to offhand. which is another absurd interaction.

it is indeed channeling, however it requires special condition (which is moving) thus, skills that can be used while moving interact with it.

It doesn’t have a charging time like multi shot and it doesn’t prevent you from casting other skills while using it like pp. It’s not a channeling skill

By your standards, Assault fire has more chances of being a channeling skill than retreat shot