Tree of Savior Forum

[Spoiler Alert!] Advertisement phrase?

That’s what I get for phone posting.

The alternative is that we can rip it from the game-files anyway since high-res Maggi art is used for all the NPCs in game. I just think it would be much easier if the files you guys already have were released for everyone. Resource packs can help community created content a lot without people having to struggle through hacking graphics out of the game.

1 Like

Hey, that’s what brought me here in the first place so… can’t say it wouldn’t work on some. :^)

https://forum.treeofsavior.com/uploads/default/optimized/3X/7/d/7d33a9481c5a29fa47adb9def7c539676866b204_1_690x361.jpg

I think the wording on first and second seem a bit off or at least they could be better.

For the first one:

“Now’s the time to come and start adventuring.”

Should be more like:

“Now is the time to join and start the adventure!”

For the second one:

“Come get your free DLC pack”

Should be more like:

“Join to retrieve your free DLC pack”

Also use Maggi’s art on the first one too! It’s just so gorgeus it should be used everywhere you advertize for sure!

2 Likes

We need more of Maggi’s art.

17 Likes

Just make a Press Kit. It’s what most companies do. In varying sizes. Many fan sites can use them freely and it helps the community spread the word with some good looking official art. Obviously you need to sort the legal stuff with it, like making it obvious they are not for commercial use (printing etc.).

2 Likes

3rd ad is the best ad.

:tada: :train::train::train:

Ah you meant the new patch lol, I thought you referred the game itself.

@STAFF_Yuri

Hmm my feedback on the 3 advertisement banners:

• It doesn’t reveal anything to the uninformed. A number of players left due to game imbalances, the banners will need to reveal about game balancing to attract them back.

• The term DLC (download content) doesn’t really pull players in since players view DLC in most games as optional and doesn’t impact the core game at all.

It will be really great to consider the target audiences in which the banners are intended for. For the still active players, banner 3 works the best since most of us who are well read and informed, do know that major game changes are in the works. But for players who quit previously and potential players who know nothing about the game, they don’t really mean much and they will just skip it as like other game update banners.

If IMC is targeting players who are on the fence of returning to the game, and to attract new blood to join the savior community, the slogan will need to reveal more on things which will entice them to return. Do emphasise on what is new.

Something along the lines of:

May 16th, 2017. Content overhaul, new builds, gears and resets.

Do include a “Please visit our press release article for more details”.

18 Likes

Thats actually my birthday, thank you ! =D

How about; “Let’s start the real fight” ?
Anyway, any kind of ad related to this topic sounds nice to my ears currently.

Plot THIC©ens ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

On a serious note, maybe it’s a time to dust off my char, hum~

TFW rank reset is next week and you haven’t decided on your build yet

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/096/557/228.gif

3 Likes

Guess one of those banners should point out the free rank/skill reset, along with the rebalancing. Seeing as they aren’t normally available, that alone could likely push some player to return, imho.

1 Like

Phrasing seems alright. Timing seems bad. Doing a big recruiting drive before the re balance seems like you would risk having a high turn over. Even if the changes do improve the game as many hope, a large change happening after a new player joins could easily scare them off and give them the impression that the time they invest in their characters will be wasted by massive changes on a regular basis.

I would suggest waiting till after the patch to push this recruiting drive, look at how ff 14 pushed reborn they didn’t start pushing the recruitment till after the major changes, even the beta for the rebuild was pretty low key.

But thats just my opinion.

2 Likes

Make ToS Great Again!

Too much info is a bad thing.

All you want to do is trigger someone emotionally with an idea, like the game being improved. Then get them inside the game. Even if the changes aren’t exactly what they wanted this provides the opportunity for players to still get back into it.

If you provide enough information beforehand for the players to realise it’s not exactly what they want then there’s a good chance they won’t even bother trying it.

Agreed, but the main slogan should be enticing enough for people to get hooked to it. Just the title alone without details should be good enough.

1 Like

Sweet!

This week going to be major grind need my 3 chars to max all class level.

For those who don’t know how Rank Reset works be sure check ‘Rank Reset Guide’ just click below

I’m kinda sad about this… I was expecting the major changes to come in july when I would have more time… Oh well =p