Tree of Savior Forum

Sorcerer Info Megathread

Ya, I agree on the idea of both sorc a necro. But…

Eh…not really wanting Summon Servant to support people. I’m picturing a sorc powering up its own power for minions and devils. We already have so many other buffs that help others. D: (sooo many T__T)

Its our turn to power ourselves now! :grinning: Let sorc be its own ruler. xD
Its our turn to SHINE!..like a diamond… (had to). x3

Plus…we really don’t need sp recovery…the SPR stat gives enough of that. Everything else looks okay to me. I guess i just don’t like that cat skill (grrr… lol). It doesnt look cool or anything. Maybe replace the cat with another cooler one. :frowning: then i would feel a bit better.

Also that means we are not boosting our minions or devil power because that extra dark attack isn’t added to our summons… :frowning:

Evocation I kinda agree with. Duration is really short though. It would hit once or twice then it will be gone if even at all in pvp (ouch). The other older skill would be better than that. It hits 1500% of our magic attack. Waaay higher than 2-3 hits from a summon if it even hits them. So maybe let the summon stay out a little longer…hmm how about 25 seconds? Cd is 50. This is a targeting skill now. You can move the circle to an area and it summons the devil in that location. This special devil uses its own skills for 25 secs. It can only move so far from its summoned location (enough to move around though).

Desmodus can hit 22k… least it does something. But removing it would make sorc worse. Adding a heal to it and having an overheat of 2, makes it much better. D: (plus I like how it looks when used…lol)

Oh, I like some of the necro ideas. I will not go into it since this is a sorc thread. lol Make a Necro thread. :smiley:

2 Likes
  • The SP and damage buff from the cat mainly to share to other players not just ourselve ( so we can contribute something useful instead of only damage - if people want damage, they won’t need us.) - Dark attack buff even scale better with INT, synergy well with DPS build like pyro…

• Same with Salamon but it give more love to summoner, pet master. Because most people prefer TON OF DAMAGE button skills instead of some cheesy dps style.

• I was thinking about Evocation should give second demon >300% damage buff and it will auto cast random skills instead spamming only base attacks. 13s should be enough to cast all burst skills (most demons have only 3-4 skills), it’s a gamble.

• Playing with our current Evocation is just like playing with math, bigger number = better, that’s just so boring. I already trade that to 35% minion damage aura for Salamion (easily fix Salamion without touching its AI and mechanic) make Sorcerer’s gameplay focus more to minions and synergy with other fellow summon classes, some simple damage buff for my Evocation would make the skill look a lot more fun.

1 Like

Oh, I see what you mean…but cleric has sp buffs… D:

And we contribute way more than just a damage boost. We have a lot of damage reduction buffs, status resistance, attack speed increase, running speed increase, stat sharing buffs, cd cut buff, gear buffs, leveling buff, and agility/stamina buff. Way more than damage buffs.

Looking at the skills in wiz tree, we have 6-7 damage boosting buffs and 13-14 defensive buffs. Our last two newer classes in rank 8 were more support and less DPS. Even our lower ranking classes have plenty of supporting classes. Only DPS we got was from older ones like necro, warlock, and featherfoot.

Well, then maybe add the dark attack to party and it would also increase summon DPS and defense. I just want to stay away from making the sorc more complected then it already is. ;x

It’s bad enough we have to move it around and mix our stats all over the place to make it function right. Let alone have people chasing a cat to get its buff in a small AoE skill. D:

Also, I love that idea “300% damage buff” on evocation summon and it spams its skills (take auto attack skill out though X__X). I would agree on the timer if it was at 15 secs with a cd of 30. Just because i like that number (lol). :heart:

Note: we get to choose the card evocation shows when its summoned. Old Evocation randomly picks a summon… :sob:

I want IMC revamp monsters and bosses too.

Monsters with reflect physical/elemental damage shield to counter DPS classes and give summoner, trapper more favor.

Bosses with good debuff skills, dispel buffs,…etc

More monsters who use certain elementals to heal themselves.

With these kind of monsters, bosses we don’t have to worry about certain classes being same role.

ToS current state don’t give summoner, trapper any meaningful role. They just keep nerfing AFK classes while absolutely have no idea about how to make summoner better.

1 Like

You have my vote, let’s make this real!!! NOTICE US IMC

1 Like

Working on that since it is cheaper now. What lv of hunting ground are you talking about? 270? or 315?

It probably will not. But those unfortunate cards that hit once need a boost then. It’s not attractive to leave behind other cards and make only 10% of all the cards good…that’s just odd. And they are not similar in anyway like stats on weapons. They are all unique in there own way, but the damage is to good to pass up for a Sorc if the card can hit 2 times. I guess this is something you cant agree with because you are not in favor of it. I’m sorry that it keeps coming up from me and other people.

I was fighting mobs 2 levels below me with almost 100k hp and it was hitting for 1.2k-2.4k on them. Today I will push even more with my resets for summon damage and try to make it better, but I might only get 300-500 extra damage, which isn’t that great. I see many people using sorc and they cannot agree with how it works now. Yesterday i was with 6 other sorcs and they all got to 2.4k or 3.2k. Their gear wasn’t that bad ether. Needing to have very good gear for a summon to even function right is bad. Let alone how slow they attack and dodge its attack 40-50% of the time.

Also, having to invest soooo my Spr for summons to get such a meager damage boost is horrible. I could have a lot of hp full con. Or I can be 2:1 Int/Con and be waaay stronger than being a sorc. I’m sacrificing so much for this sorc build that i’m making myself weaker than all the other wizard builds. Dumping 400-500 Spr to give summons some damage is messing up your other classes you selected. They all benefit from Int. The cost to make Sorc work is destroying any other possibilities making your build not flexible at all because you used all your points AND gear with Spr to make it work better. While you could go for gear with more Int or what not and it works for all the other classes. Necro and Sorc are so complicated and work against them. (sorry for ranting :cry:).

No. Summon takes a flat fee from your sp now, so you can how it out perm. :grin:

3 Likes

I also wouldn’t mind being able to use my other skills while Riding (like druid can use other skills while transformed). Maybe this would get some damage increase too, combining your stats with the summon’s.

2 Likes

YES! Forgot to mention that in the summon section! Being able to use our skills while riding the devil would be very cool. We also wouldn’t have to keep jumping ship all the time just so we can use the 90% of our other skills we unlocked.

There! added it to the summon section. Thank you. :smile:

elite monsters are for that, dont make normal monster an unnecesary nuance when you are just going through a field, elite monsters already can kill you if you do stupid ■■■■. and i guess you have like… never fought a world boss demon lord? rexipher drains SP in aoe while also doing aoe death sentence… high aoe damage with high range

Other classes can, no doubt, clear faster, but still fun.

Skeletons alone are not as strong as Temple Shooter in 1 on 1 DPS with the right amount of stats. Necro summons actually don’t scale as much as Devils do with gear/stats, so you will find that as you gear your Devil will grow a lot stronger and your skeletons will not improve as much.

If you include skull archers, then necro summons will do higher damage, but they also can only target 1 monster at a time (Devils tend to have AoE attacks), and they are much weaker/subject to CC (knockback, etc) while Devils are immune to all that (you can be immune to them too if you ride!).

2 Likes

Nice! Thanks for showing that. I feel better knowing the Devil summon is getting a bigger damage boost then those 5 skeles. I guess the only ones being left behind are the single hitting cards. D:

Can you make a video showing a devil summon that hits a single time and compare it to the 5 skeles? Maybe they made single hitters stronger?

Hi hi, noob question time I’m new around here and want to make a sorcerer just for fun the idea is to have a bunch of family to do damage while I do the most dps so I was thinking:

2:1 - Int/Spr

Wiz->cryo3->rune->sorc2->necro
Wiz->cryo->pyro->link /thau/rune>sorc2->necro2

Is it viable to get rune if you are going cryo c1??

If possible can someone enlighten me as on what skills/atribute should I use? My knowledge is too little I just started reading this thread and some other I haven’t even been a wiz before and started playing a couple of days ago thx for the help x).

I noticed they finally fixed Riding. o.o I didn’t think it’d ever happen.
Did they do any other changes lately? There’s like… no patch notes ever.

I made my Sorc2 a Warlock and don’t really like the class that much since Invocation doesn’t work with petz. Going to spec out of it once they let me ;s

Hey Ling,

The first build seems really nice. You would benefit from the ice buff for cyro3 the most. You also have more control against mobs and pvp players. So going 2:1 int/spr is a good way to go for that build.

For the other build, you would want to switch your stats to 2:1 spr/int because you have a ton of summons out. If you took out the thau, you could get necro3 in there giving you another 5 skeles with bows. This makes them better than regular skeles because of the decay effect, which increases missile damage.

I think cyro c1 is “okay” with rune but you are better off with cyro3.

For attributes, get everything but Rod Mastery: Ice, Ice Wall: Cryorite, Ice Blast: Additional Damage, and Cryomancer: Freeze Speciality. This is what I would do.

@wolfdoggie

Ya, they increased summon power with SPR again and gave the summons 50% of magic attack from weapons. As for invocation, idk if the summon can proc the invo or not. I haven’t seen a video about that. But I think they still don’t proc invo because the devs are focused on the dps of summons and how they function. I guess since the summon is its own individual that it doesn’t count as you the player with the buff. The buff isn’t on the summoned creature/devil. Warlock kind of blends okay with sorc since it has dark skills too, however, it doesn’t directly help the class itself (unless the dark attack boost applies to the summons attack as well). ;(

The attack from SPR enough to merit playing summoner or bokor?

I’ve only seen the old videos of KTest.

I think its alright now. The SPR boost that was taken days ago seems to be back now. Might not be the same % formula before, but the damage is about 3 times higher now (seems like it). So the summons should dish out more damage than what we saw in previous videos. I don’t have a video for necro/sorc summons but i do have a video for Boker with the new SPR formula, which seems really nice.

This character build isn’t a full SPR it seems. I can tell because she can have a couple thousand more points in the blue bar. She is probably 2:1 Int/Spr build. Meaning this is not the full power of those zombies! :smiley: They are doing a good amount of damage now. I would guess skeles and sorc combined would be as strong as this or even stronger.

1 Like

Thanks I’ll be going with the first when the changes come I’ll play around a little with necro 3.

For the skills I have only a vague idea of what to increase is this viable?

Is there a way to reset? Or something how can you get sorcerer 2 and necro 3, when sorc is rank 5 and Necro rank 6???

Thanks for the help!

Ops! My bad. I meant if you take a rank from sorc out and add another necro.
Something like Wiz>Cyro>Pyro>Link/Thau/(rune is rank 5 not 4)>Sorc1>Necro3. If you are going for a 2:1 Spr/Int build. You would have 14 summons out. You lose some control with your devil but you will be in the battle using your own skills too. You would only lose 20% devil power, which is nothing since you get another 5 archer skeles (with 35% each) shooting things with bonus damage with decay debuff. The only bad thing is losing the ability to ride your devil, but you only stay on it for like 5-10 secs before jumping off due to your hp dropping in secs from all the mobs targeting you (if you don’t have really good gear) and not being able to use your own skills while mounted on the devil (really sucks lol). I would only suggest this if you are a SPR build though.

Here’s a video of hp dropping really fast only from 4 mobs (just imagine fighting more *death). Also, summons do more damage than this since this is an older video before the SPR was changed, so don’t worry to much on the damage output.

Note: Also, link breaks really fast with all those summons out. Might be better to replace it with something else. It’s not suitable for necro.

And your welcome! :smiley:

Yeah it doesn’t even proc Invocation when you kill while Riding either. It’s so lame. :frowning:

I’ma probably just stay Cryo 3, and go lazy Sorc 3 for hell of it, and Sage?. I feel like the SPR change is going to make the Wizard itself kinda useless in the end since you’ll have low/no INT… Is there going to be a cap to where adding more SPR doesn’t help?