Tree of Savior Forum

Sorcerer Info Megathread

So picking Sorc C3 doesn’t seem like a good choice, right?

Gosh, a year has passed since I stopped playing and now I have no clue what to do with my Sorc, so many changes for me to keep up with :confused:

Is Wiz > Pyro > Linker C2 > Sorcerer C2 > Necro C2 a best pick then? Or getting Necro C2 instead of C3 a bad choice?

Ya…we are so spread out with how our skills function. I’m guessing if you go sorc you do half INT and half SPR because sorc needs both of them to function well. If you just do INT then you will have to focus on other skills then your summons (which are only two of them). Having to pick other classes. Going SPR summons do higher damage? with more hp and defense, but there are only two summons in that class, so this isn’t helping much. If doing this build then get other support skills because dps will be much much lower.

I’m going for a balanced sorc with both INT and SPR. SPR doesn’t do so much for this class so that will be a little lower. INT will be more beneficial. Since four of its skills are influenced from INT (riding, bats, evocation, and desmodus). While SPR alone only helps devil and salamion. If i think about it…necro is more summon based than a sorc and sorc is between both a caster and a summoner. Probably why its so complicated to work with it…

And I agree, sorc does spread out our stats too much…

@flavi0ishtar No…c3 sorc will harm your wiz. Its better to pick another class after you get c2. It really is sad to say getting c3 is just wasteful. There should be a bigger boost of damage. * sigh :sob:

That W/P/L2/S2/N2 will work very well with SPR/INT build. Since you have so many summons out and have some INT to boost your skills too. But if you want more SPR build then c3 necro is much better. Personally necro will out damage a sorc (it already does). If anything get c1 sorc to get those extra summons devil and salamion. Then get c3 necro for the decay effect and 5 extra skeles with bows! So now you will have 14 summons out hitting everything.

Never mentioned Pyro/Enchanter, so not sure what you’re saying.

Sorc 2 + Linker 2 or Necro 1 will probably be better investment than Sorc 3. But it’s up to you!

1 Like

tbh that was really painful to watch. Taking lots of damage and kept jumping off to heal and stuff. Get some SPR please, not just for defense but also to better show what the damage is like. If not, at least go to a different map.

Also, so disappointed that Fire Lord still has a 4m cd on the flames…

1 Like

Honestly, I’m debating which one to go with:
pyro2 > thaum1 > sorc2 > …
Is it even worth going pyro now even with an Agny?

cryo2 > thaum1 > sorc2 > …
seems to have better damage skills, and at least ice wall is useful

pyro1 > cryo1 > thaum1 > sorc2 > …
I’m probably gonna keep fireball and flame ground at lv1 so might as well not go pyro2… Seems like an interesting build the more I think about this.

1 Like

Interestingly, Chapparition cards affect magic damage of your summon when riding (in KTOS). You can use SP pots while riding to trigger it (and the grimoire will show the damage going up).

Full SPR build…

is there anyone have info about new reflect shield? I heard it got buffed after combat revamp.

planning to go Wiz - Cryo3 - Sor2 - Necro2

But if new reflect shield and Lethargy scale well with SPR then I will change my build to Wiz2-Link2-Sor2-Necro2 (Aoe) or Wiz3 - Thau1 - Sor2 - Necro 2(Riding damage)

Love that new instant cast Energy bolt too.

[lethargy] is amazing with its true aoe nature and scaling with INT, but it is calculated before damage so is susceptible to DR. But you’re still taking INT anyway.

[reflect shield] is calculated after damage making it immune to DR. 1SPR will always be 1 less damage.

1 Like

lethargy scales with INT.

Oh yeah, will edit. Tosneet was down.

so lethargy is just decreasing more atk?

And matk. It’s like transforming INT into def and mdef (with diminishing returns). It is INT x (skill lv/15) so you need wiz3 for a 1:1 conversion.

So I guess I’ll stick with the 1st build that I thought after the new patch, wiz2link2sorc2lock2, and full int… don’t really care about the summon auto atk, and with riding I think its damage will be fine with skills improvement…

Thanks for the answer :smiley:

I’m really thinking of getting W>P>L2>S>N3, but I will miss so much the mount spell :neutral_face:

You said that the Necro 3 would out damage the S2>N2 Build. So the only reason I’d choose this N2 build would be because I like the Sorc C2 skills, right?

I can’t decide :cry:

As a PVE character, which build would be better?

W>P>L2>S2>N2
W>P>L2>S1>N3

I think that if I choose the first option, the lack of Raise Skull Archer and Flesh Strike would make it a sub optimized character; but I also think that if I don’t have the Sorcerer Summon control spells, it would make it obsolete, specially the Mount skill that seems that will be a great skill after the update :confused:

I really can’t decide which one is the best option

Currently, Skull Archer and Flesh Strike are both weak, so the first option would be better.

After update, you can decide if you like Sorc better or Necro playstyle better. If you want higher damage, then going Necro 3 Sorc 1 is fine; you already have enough summons and other skills that you don’t need the Mount skill (you got flesh cannon, flesh hoop, flesh strike).

1 Like

Ya, Sorc1/Necro C3 would out damage sorc2>necro2. And grabbing sorc C1 for those extra 2 summons and bats. This is taking more advantage of SPR though. Half INT and SPR would still make the build really good too since you have your own spells to throw at them while your 14 summons chew up hp.

Yes, you will have less control of the devil and it would be best for you to have a ranged one out so it can hit far since it stays by you. Or you can have a melee one and it gives a little damage output for close enemies. The salamion has a higher attack range (not sure if it changed) and will go further out and attack. So that’s fine. This build leaves sorc almost completely out but uses the SPR stat well. And this build is more defensive (still dealing a lot of dps) with all those minions. You would have an army… Also those skeles out damage mount skills. They hit faster and there will be ten of them hitting 1700-2500 (saw a video of skeles hitting over 2k). so thats 17k-25k in a second! Not including your own skills added to that. Just remember SPR makes this build stronger! Not INT. You would want more SPR than INT. Something like 2 SPR then 1 INT so your other non-summon skills get a boost. Or you completely go SPR and let your summons hit much harder (probably 2.5k each hit). To make this better get weapons and gear with SPR. There is one that gives like 70-90 SPR. I also forgot you will get links. Thats even better however it will break very fast! SO either you still get it or you get other high dps skills to replace it. Though a 22 sec wait isn’t bad…

With SPR build those archers should be hitting good. Last time i saw them they were hitting over 1500 and that’s range hits making it better. Also the decay wasn’t on the same level creatures too. I don’t know how much decay boosts missile damage, but you would want to get dirty pole on the field to decay players/mobs so those ranged skele hit even harder.

So it’s up to you to choose if you want C1 sorc/C3 necro or both C2 for sorc and necro. Me however, I will kill my build (not completely) because i love sorc… so i will get sorc C3… :sob: but it will be more for show because devil gets even bigger :heart: and i like having it auto attack mobs behind me while i cast. So i’m hoping to makeup that lack of dps for rank 8 and 9 classes that might work with sorc… *crossing fingers.

@Valentine That flesh strike seems very expensive to use (100 corpses)? And its weak? It hits 31 times your magic attack and hits more than one mob? Though its cd is high… X_x

Sor1-Necro3 have unreliable DPS when fighting against bosses with knock up/back, They spend most time bouncing around. Minions who immune to knock back are Corpse tower and Demon, but demon seem pretty retard if you get knock back away, he will stop attack then follow you.

Don’t forget you have to sink money into Corpse pots. Necro will counter Linker extremely hard.

With Riding you can boost and control your DPS.

Both Necromancer and Sorcerer have good concepts but badly designed even thought they are high rank classes. Not mention the lack of classes that could synergy well with them. Sorcerer’s C3 skills look like placeholder.

Cryo - Best utility class for summoner build but boring.

Pyro - Damage dealer, for people who like cheese dps build (not synergy well with SPR)

Linker - Got nerfed hard.

Thau - Synergy well with riding but stick too close to Sorcerer rank.

Wizard, psychokino - Meh

Even high rank support classes like Chrono, Enchanter, Sage have very few skills which synergy with minions.

Hey minigod121! It’s been a while lol.

I agree about DPS being unreliable for some knockdown bosses (which is annoying >_<). Tree of knockdown lol. Those necro pots are cheap. You make more than that money back from selling and doing dungeons. But I will agree that it’s annoying to go buy them. They have also added an attribute that if the skeles kill you get corpse which helps a little. Then you have your own area corpse skill to gather some too while you kill stuff. So it’s a 50/50 thing.

The riding will do more DPS then the summons that are not resistant to bosses that do knockdown. But if that boss doesn’t knockdown then the summons will out DPS it, which most bosses have some knockdown (some don’t spam it). Another 50/50.

I also agree that linker does not suit necro well. I would recommend him to remove linker and get more DPS (pyro or cyro). Then make an INT/SPR build to over look that weaker side of necro when fighting bosses that knockdown often.

Ya, the design of sorc and necro isn’t as great. It’s hard to make it work and takes a lot more effort to maneuver. I think these classes are for distracting the enemies while you take them down with your own spells. These classes don’t benefit as much when they are over done. Like getting C3 for sorc or having both sorc and necro. This takes away the other DPS classes that hit much harder at the same rank or higher.

If I had the power to change sorc this is what I would do.

Summoning

1. Add an attribute to boost attack of summon by 30% (added to what we already have from cards, level, and stats). And adjust if needed.

2. Unlocked at sorc C3. Add attribute to increase attack speed by 50%. If this isn’t a templeshooter, players in pvp can easily avoid melee cards. Its a joke really lol. My one friend just makes its attack animation start then goes around it. He even got impatient and walked through it fast enough to not get hit and goes right for me. lol (was really funny xD) I’m sure players with speed boost will not get touched though…

3. Give single hitting summon cards a double hit. Increase melee cards movement speed 35%. So they can get to the mobs faster to compete with ranged cards that shoot far.

Summon Familiar

1. Add an attribute that gives each bat block for 3 hits. These bats can die very fast!

2. Increase the Splash attribute to 30% - 35%. The 5% doesn’t activate enough to even waste your money on.

3. Unlocked at sorc C3. Add an attribute that turns your bats into summons! Now they do not kill themselves and will only attack enemies that are close. Each bat does 10% of your magic attack. When a bat dies or if its hp is very low, it will chase its attacker and explode, dealing 100% magic attack (1500% total on lv15). Having this attribute on takes the original skills 382% factor away and replaces it with the new one. This would be very cool! :heart:

Evocation

1. Remove it and add another skill that is more useful.

2. The new skill allows another devil to be summoned. You how have two devils. Awesome right? T__T this would make C3 more worth it!

Desmodus

1. Give an overheat of 2. The “blood sucking bats” now heal you 10% of the damage dealt to the enemy. Makes C3 more worth it.

Summon Servant

1. Remove it and add another skill that is more useful.

2. The new skill is a buff that is activated right away. The buff gives summons more attack and defense for 2 minutes max. Something like 10% of magic attack and 10% of your own defense is added to those summons. Your SP recovery will be cut in half while this is activated.

Summon Salamion

1. Do the same for this too. Add an attribute for 30% attack boost.

*fingers break off :sob:

5 Likes

I personally prefer

• Sorcerer gameplay focus on boosting minion damage and control Demon’s power (If you read Sorcerer master’s dialogue you would know how she love her demons, so there should be some kind of bound between demon and master.)

• Necromancer focus on summoning mass minions and building turret.

Sorcerer:

Summon servant: instead of aoe buff, this cat will have a small aura that give buffs, giving more risks and rewards to players who hug it.
Lv1: Increase atk ratio by 1 + (1% SPR and 1.5% INT)
Lv2: Increase mana recovery by 1 + (20% SPR and 20% INT)
Lv3: The cat will meow every 10s heal 1+(1%SPR) stamina to all party members
Lv4: Increase magic def by 1 + (10%SPR)
Lv5: Increase dark attack by 1 + (80% SPR and 150% INT)

Circle 3 should have an increase aura range attribute.

Summon Salamion: Salamion will have a Aura that debuff nearby enemies, make them receive 7 -> 35% (2% per level) minion, pet damage (Bokor and hunter will love this)

Debuff will have a cheesy name like : Servant of death.

Evocation:

• Summon another powerful demon to fight with you for short amount of time. Duration: 5s > 13s (2s per level)
  • Demon will cast random skills.
  • Second demon get 500% damage buff.

Desmodus: just remove this skill.

Necromancer:

• If you summon Raise dead (melee skeleton) then you will unsummon Raise skull archer and vice versa. => Make Necromancer more interesting by using different minions for different situations.

Raise dead will have chance to block physical damage, enemy get hit by melee skeletons will get 8% damage reduction. 3 aoe defend ratio per skeleton, ton of HP. (unlike archer skeleton - 1 aoe defend ratio and squishy.)

Gather Corpse: 20% chance to corrupt enemy per hit
Flesh Strike: 80% chance to corrupt enemy per hit

• Remove Fless hoop and fless cannon

=> Both skill will synergy well with Archer Skeleton

Dirty Pole: 10 aoe defend ratio, increase corruption aura range
=> Synergy well with melee skeleton to counter AOE.

Bone Tower: single target dps, work like current corpse tower, just lock a target and keep hiting. (for boss fight)

Flesh Tower: 2s charge, fire aoe poison to a location. (for grind/farm)

Linker:

Physical Link: New C1 attribute

• You Physical link only work with minions instead of players
  • Link X different kind of minions, each minions will absorb 5% damage taken
  • Reduce 60% Duration

Spiritual Chain: New C2 attribute

• Any heal effect you received will transfer to minions.
  • You gain no heal effect.

Lifeline: Sorcerer will get a C3 attribute for this skill

• Uses the highest abilities between you and demon.
  • Reduce 40% duration
1 Like