Tree of Savior Forum

Sorcerer Info Megathread

Right now our summon’s ATK scales with INT. After the change, it’ll depend on SPR instead. So we’ll need to get high SPR.

If we get high SPR, we’ll lose out on MATK from INT, which means less damage for everything else compared to before.

If we split our stat into SPR and INT, we’ll do less damage on both summon and other skills.

If we get high INT, we’ll lose out on summon damage. Ride attribute will give it some of our MATK, but not when you’re not riding it.

I can’t see how Sorc will get anything out of this…
Will Sorcerers get IMC’d again?[poll max=2]

• Yes
  • No
    [/poll]

How do Bats fare in pvp?

I know inquis have dark prop def, but how about other classes?

Can, let’s say, Bats C3 + duplicate from Sage one shot KO other non-Con, non-inqui, players?

Duplicated bats don’t do damage. :no_mouth:

really?? what’s the point of duplicate skill then, lol IMC

they act like a shield and make you hard to aim

No, IMC said that they are working to see more ways INT can influence summon stats, and they said they changed INT to have increased efficiency.

Nowhere did it says Sorc’s summoning skill was changed so that summons don’t have their damage increased by INT anymore. If anything, IMC made it seem like you can choose to put points into INT and/or into SPR, and both ways your summon will gain damage.

If I had to guess, the route they’re going with is making it not too big of a sacrifice on your damage to put some points into SPR since your summon will get some defense and damage, but probably IMC will stick to INT being the main way you increase summon’s damage.

If INT increases damage by say 0.8INT whereas SPR increases it by 0.3SPR, then you’re not losing out on anything by going high INT. If anything, this encourages you to take some SPR too if you need it in your build since you’ll get magic defense AND stats for your summon (a small amount of damage and a lot of defense since summon def. scales off of SPR).

If they made INT even more effective, then that only means our skills are stronger since our class is an INT based class, and sorc’s have been complaining for a long time that INT was inferior to raw magic damage. Maybe this update will change this.

Nobody has seen the numbers behind the changes yet, so why are we crying wolf already?

1 Like

So, any changes in Ktest after update? All i know is someone posted about retaining sp recovery while summoning (grimoire, perhaps). But other than that is yet to be known…

Summon Familiar seems to have unusually high damage per bat, and Summoning doesn’t seem to have changed at all in terms of stat allocation.

Summon familiar: 440% damage per bat, # of bats increases per level but % modifier doesn’t. Likely means higher single target damage for this skill.

Sadder news is Warlock and Necromancer skills seem to have low damage multipliers compared to other DPS classes, but we’ll have to wait to see what class synergies with Sorc the best for DPS. Featherfoot’s SP drain is insane.

1 Like

What do you exactly mean by this? I’m genuinely not sure since I’m not certain what the description says. (Like if it’s still the old one or not.)

But I can confirm that I didn’t gain any power from investing in INT but instead SPR does raise summon damage. (Even more when riding.)

I’m not entirely sure on the plans with summons yet, I personally have only shadowgaler and necroventer cards so I haven’t been able to test other summons in game. The only difference is that damage might scale differently on skills but I’m not entirely sure.

Besides summoning is slightly bugged and shows 0 on all stats in grimoire.

2 Likes

Summon’s attack gain from Summoning skill has not changed.

KOREAN:
value = RoundDown((0.3 + 0.1 × [Skill Level]) × [Character 지능])
return value

ITOS:
value = RoundDown((0.3 + 0.1 × [Skill Level]) × [Character INT])
return value

I wouldn’t be surprised if summons are heavily bugged, but I’m surprised you say INT didn’t affect summon damage even when riding because the korean skill description is still the same for riding attribute (increase damage with increasing character’s m.atk, which should mean INT makes it stronger).

welp it’s been confirmed

They finally changed SP from percentage to fixed.
On the other hand, INT will no longer affect summons so it’s all SPR now. GG.

getting closer to the dream being a supporter for minions. I always love this kind of gameplay.

Hopefully Necromancer’s minions will scale better or get a rework to be less useless/annoying in most situations so they can get along with Sorcerer.

1 Like

IMC: “SPR Affects damage, not ATK, of summons”

Korean skill tooltip still says summon’s ATK is based on INT.

IMC: “INT won’t affect summons”

I don’t get it anymore. Apparently IMC is in the same boat too lol.

IMC: “…although it’s hard to tell exactly how much the damage of the average summon will increase with the new combat formulas.”

1 Like

Uhh well at least grimoire is for sure bugged.

And I’m not quite sure with INT and riding. I would need to test full INT build to know for sure but when focusing on SPR build riding pretty much doubles summons damage output. With INT and SPR invested I had way less damage.

It would really help to see some numbers on grimoire. :sweat_smile:

EDIT: Ok tested full INT, weirdly hp is full now with summoning and riding damage does increase but overall is lower than with full SPR, I guess some things still affect the summon with INT so I’m assuming it’s bugged/not updated yet. I hope there’s something in store for summon classes other than the SPR update which seems nice but not sure if enough since you give up on damage with other class choices.

Maybe int is only getting the summons skill bonus - the lv15 1.8 from int. While the SPR is giving it the newer formula which seems to be giving a % or 4.7 per point.

A guy named fitzfeliz2 had summon with SPR 7 giving 700-1000 attack power, while at 176 (+169) SPR the attack was boosted over 100% of its value. Its attack was now +800-1100 for a total of 1500-2100. If this is how the formula works (probably not) then SPR gives 4.5-4.8 per point to damage. Though i want to lean more to a % than a flat inc. because idk…lol.

And also about sp regan. The summons sp reduction is no longer % and can be out forever if you have SPR to recovery it back. fitzfeliz2 had full SPR and was gaining a lot more sp to cover the cost and use other skills too.

Looks like SPR increases the ATK of summons by a % depending on how many points you invest.

The optimal DPS sorc build would probably need both high INT and SPR because your magic attack will be amplified by the SPR % when riding, and the better balance you have between the two stats, the better they scale off of each other.

Riding damage is a lot higher than summon damage.

So like 200 SPR is +200% damage? Like 1% each SPR?

I’m probably gonna go 50/50 unless someone can figure out the math to find the best balance.

Nah, if that was true his 176 SPR would have had 176% extra damage but the summons damage was increased somewhere around 110-115%.

However…the max amount seems to be lower % compared to the minimum amount. If i use the same 110-115% as i did for the minimum amount i get 2310 and he had 2100. So its not completely accurate. I used 91% for max and got 2101 which is really close to fitzfeliz2 damage, but still off.

@Valentine

Ya, i agree. you would benefit the most from this class with both INT and SPR. Now the stat balance of half of both or more than the other is the question. Guess it would depend on the build. *shrugs =/

I don’t think 50/50 will ever give you a good balance considering INT and SPR work in very different ways.

Updated calculations post below.

1 Like

I doubt this would be better, well at least from personal testing since when riding the added power from SPR doesn’t go anywhere so everything just get added to full INT even when riding is quite weak imo. Of course I don’t know how it would change with end-game gearing.

About all the testing, it would still help a lot if grimoire wasn’t bugged, so we’d see actual numbers for summons stats and how SPR for example changes them. :sweat_smile:

btw guys evocation does pretty decent damage now