Tree of Savior Forum

Sorcerer Info Megathread

@DogeSummoner

First of all, thanks for the info :smiley:

We’ll have to wait for it to be implemented to really see how it works.

It’s split in 3 lines so it could be read like this:

Ride: Increase your stats (Weird name for something supposed to buff the summon? Can’t see a point of buffing the user since we can’t use skills while riding anyway
)

[Ride] increases in proportion to magic damage of sorcerer
Physical attack and magic damage increased by 1% per level

To ME it acutaly looks like 2 effects that come together when you ride, the first would be activated by simply having the skill, which would be the part about adding Matk of the user to the Summon being mounted.

The second one is the one which would actualy need to be bought until higher levels (despite 74m for level 100, it’s only 2,4m for level 50
) and, to me, it looks like it will be an Enhancing Attribute for Summoning while riding! Obviously we have to wait and see and to be honest if that’s it I just wish they put an Summoning: Enhance and the +matk TS effect on this attribute but well, let’s wait and see anyways

This was added in an earlier patch

10/11/2016
Sorcerer:
â–ș Riding:
○ Whilst Riding, the summon’s ATK/Magic ATK increase scaling with the character’s INT stat.
- Sorcerer’s Magic Attack Power affects the damage bonus and not buffs. (This means that INT, Equipped Gear, Base Magic Attack Power are the only things calculated in increasing the power of your Summon.)

And now, It increases Defense and has this attribute

01/12/2016
Sorcerer:
Riding:
- Riding Circle 2: Ability Increase attribute has been added.
([Riding] - Increases physical attack power of the summon even further, based upon the sorcerer’s magic attack by 1% Per level.)
- When riding, the character will recieve a buff that increases the character’s defense based upon the summon’s defense
- Additional SP Consumption is removed whilst riding. (The Summoning SP Cost drain is still persistant, however.)

Source

These 2 increases should boost TS basic attacks by more than 2k without items(Int builds ofc)

@DogeSummoner

Thanks a lot man, didn’t know there were actualy 2 separate buffs to Sorcerer, wish it wans’t a Riding thing only but it’s still great to see Devs know the class is problematic.

Guess we’ll just have to wait and see it acutaly being used for combat, can’t wait to see someone test the extent of those “new” powers

Also really hope they lower the cooldowns again, no point on overbuffing useless skills (rapid shot might turn into very good, but 60 sec CD is not acceptable)

2 Likes

In my opinion, sorcerer will be the worst class to fix, due to its mechanics. It was very ambitious of them to develop it.

2 Likes

@DogeSummoner

Actualy I don’t think it would be too hard, they have been making good changes to underwhelming classes, if CD’s come back to being low and this changes get to be applied we will already be seeing a great improvement to our DPS.

I only think C3 skills should have more hits or cause some debuff and Summoning should have Enhancing attribute or give some sort of %matk bonus to the user while active.

I just had my 5th class and is new to sorcerer but I notice that the summon attack the monster twice the first time but once afterwards? Is this a bug or it was intended? Btw, im using templeshooter

@lvnmou

Maybe the monster is dying on the 3rd hit so the 4th doesn’t appear?

Temple Shooter should always hit twice on Auto attacks

Hi I know a lot of people stuck in build
Wiz- Pyro2- Link- Sorc2- FF
In my server (INA) we haven’t reach rank 8 yet, i don’t know what to pick in rank 8, is it sorce3, FF2, or Pyro3?

Dilemmas:

• if go FF2 then full CON, i Think TS can’t do high damage
  • if go Sorce3 full INT, FF1 just for sucking HP
  • Pyro3, still don’t know agni (idk the exact name) worth for take pyro3 or not

Do you guys have suggest or something? i can’t reroll because already invest a lot of attribute and others

I couldn’t see it in the thread so I’ve gotta ask, do the boss summons have the same elemental attack for their skills? And are their auto attacks the same as their element?

I did do some experiment
 but it seems sometimes it hit twice, sometimes once? I’m confused myself too o.o

@ryan.synch

Pyro 3 is currently not worth it. Agni necklace makes all Pyro spells way stronger so it’s a must for any Pyro circle, the thing is Pyro will get really good once the necklace is released but we just don’t know how good

I THINK Pyro 3 + Sage would be pretty good for Missile Hole + Hell Breath, but you can’t have that. The best option for you really seems to be FF 2. Blood Curse is the best FF DD spell and doesn’t require Surespell/QC (though QC is always great)

BUT, to be honest, I don’t really think FF2 is that great as DD, is more of a debuffer, and if you take it for a supportive purpose, Linker 2 or Sage might be a better choice.

So after all sorce3 not worth?
if I choose FF2 do I need to reset stat to full con? because in my country there is event which sell stat reset
thank you for your info

I think they gonna buff sorc3 skills, it’s currently so underwhelming for a rank7 class and doesn’t do any effect than just plain damage

It’s taking a liiiiittle long, since r7 was released almost a year ago and it’s been underwhelming ever since :frowning:. Imc seems to want more focus in ride, currently.

Sorc3 skills?
Man buff Salaimon.

invocation and desmodus are pretty lack luster, I prefer them buffing those than salmion, that gives an edge to those who took sorc3 fro rank7, since most sorc players stop at sorc2 already

I have Wiz1/Cryo3/Sorc3 and so far love it and decided to max desmond and invocation for future buff. Should I go for Necro3 after that or Sage? Warlock also seems plausible considering that Warlock c3 could be good. I already have a Wiz3/Link2/Necro1~3 so I’m not dying to get Necro but seems like a good summoning class.

how is that build in the new content? I bet as of now you’d lack damage with that build with how high the hp of mobs and without linker to assist your summons

I have the same build and I stopped playing that char(evocation lv1 tho) at 266 waiting for R9. If there is something interesting i’ll pick runecaster at r8 and a new one later. I won’t pick necro since i too have one (pyro3->Linker->necroX) and its summons kinda lack damage.

@octane the build should be fine, since it has Freeze to help templeshooter stay alive and the tree to put monsters in one spot. Slower but safer aproach.

So does Buffing Salamion. I’m a Pyro C3 > Sorc C3.

Summon Familiar 11-15
Summoning 11- 15
Summon Salamion 11-15
Evocation 1-5
Desmodus 1-5.

These are all Circle 3 investments.
Single target = Salamion and familiar.
AOE = Evocation and Desmodus.
You require less of a skill point investment for Evo and Des, given even if they were worth maxing out, that’s only 5 skill points a piece compared to 15.
Familiar is worthless at low investment.
Salamion isn’t efficient enough to justify investment.