Tree of Savior Forum

Sorcerer Info Megathread

however, GvG is a different matter than Team Battle League, so having very high damage output from TS while having a very high HP is needed in GvG.

@lifeoutpines

I dont think soā€¦ link is too importantā€¦ share all dmg of ur single targets skills to all mobs, and boost dmg :heart_eyes:

Question to you sorc2 playersā€¦ i want both sorc and necro (plan is wiz3-link-sorc-necro2). Is the AI really that bad? is there a video comparison between sorc1 and 2 or anything like that?

If you invest in enough con and knows how to jump, the AI isnā€™t too bad, you just need to hug the mob for it to attack, pretty much

hug the mob? that sounds badā€¦ :c

I have a sub-equipped Doppel (only 2 sissels worth mentioning, i donā€™t even have superior twin blade) and, after the buffs, I can take down almost 1/6~1/5 of any leather armor boss in siauliai with 1 rotation (cleave->cyclone twice, cleave-> pouncing) after R8 released it will be a lot stronger with dragoonā€™s serpentine and doppel 3 skills.

When that happen there is no way we can get competitive DPS even with the complete rotation with Morph for simple reasons:

• Broken Morph
  • Summoning doesnā€™t have % attribute
  • Riding skills with high CD/no overheat
  • Evocation (cries in spanish)
  • No equipment scaling besides INT items, which are not meaningful right now. Familiars are good but too unreliable
2 Likes

Thats why I am going runecaster, I think with the rune of destruction buff, and the fact that linker can bounce anything off, we could get the burst to compare to that, but i totally agree, morph doesnā€™t need a buff, but needs a fix on the 2nd summon not taking int thing, that really sucks

Desmondus, the more i get used to it, i find it ok with linkerā€™s 50% earth dmg

That being said, my hop2 crosair2 dragoon is dealing super crazy burst too, but with brandish, venom and max peta

1 Like

ohā€¦ and I forgot somethingā€¦ Most buffs doesnā€™t affect Summoning :confused:
Iā€™d be so happy to see Quicken, which is flat value in aspd, making noticeable difference in TS

BTW Linker seems broken to me after mergeā€¦ likeā€¦ icbt levels of OPness

No hitcount limit, maybe double damage even

For me Iā€™ve already tasted Sorc2, I canā€™t go back to sorc1 stupid AI no more :smiley:

Attack Ground and hold are the two most skills I use right now. But thatā€™s just me. Some are fine with the TS hugging them all the time.

My main issue with Sorc1 is that alot of times you have to take some damage in order for the damn TS to attack. Again, thatā€™s just me.

Having said that, I was thinking about necro too. Is necro viable at rank 7 after sorc2? Anybody with experience here? Seems like theyā€™re always on the high rankings of TBL

Do you think it would be better going wiz3 than taking sorc2? Im also starting to make a new one since i feel my cryo3sorc2wl lacks in dps sideā€¦ yes i can CC pretty well but vs a well equiped players in battle league i can only dish out 1/4 to 1/2 total dmage after the whole tree pole DT comboā€¦

Iā€™ve been noticing that too. Itā€™sā€¦ a little unnerving I daresay lol

Top that off with the blackhole that is generated when you Link + HK + MM, and youā€™ve got a oneā€¦ character wrecking ball.

Been seeing Wiz3 linkers 1-shotting stuff in Ale the whole day.

ā€¦Not that Im complaining since Iā€™ve had the pleasure of being grouped up with one.

(As a sidenote it seems to also affect the templeshooter in mad ways. Horribly beautifulā€¦broken ways)

If you are going PVP and need high con & good dps in PVE too, go 2:1 = con:int, and it is required to have these three: Wiz3, Animus & at least Lv.40 attribute damage on your offensive skills.

But if only PVE, you donā€™t need Animus and just go 2:1 = int:con

Wiz3 synergizes well with cryo3 so that Snow Rolling is not interrupted while being channeled, Wiz3 & Animus will pull your DPS up because of Magic Amp and Quick Cast. You wonā€™t be penalized too much in damage compared to full con builds if you are faced with migh mdef targets.

Sorc2 summons is used mainly for putting pressure on TBL but can be countered if your targets have high mobility = Haste or Mounted Players, and those who donā€™t charge in recklessly to be caught in CC.

And of course, sub-tank/aoe on PVE, main problem of it is the delay of attacks (skill or auto attacks of summons).

PVE-DPS is not that high (if you are killing the boss, but mobbing: itā€™s 10/10) even if you spam skills via Morph, it still feel lacking especially if you are partied with a Monk or a Fletcher.

Meanwhile, Cryo3 is used for Instant Zoning/CC/Disable on TBL and on PVE.

For me;

Sorc2 = GvG (because of Thaumaturge C1) can also be in TBL because of Summon Familiar, but ideal to have Linker instead of Thaumaturge

Cryo3 = TBL/PVE/GvG

Just a suggestion, why not try Featherfoot instead of Warlock?
Frost Pillar -> Surespell -> Blood Sucking/Snow Rolling

*iā€™m not sure if channeling of Blood Sucking is affected with Quick Cast, if it gets less hits because channeling ends quickly because of Quick Cast being active

Frost Pillar got 49 sec cd, while Snow Rolling 68 and Blood Sucking 40, so you can do a rotation of Frost Pillar + Snow Rolling and Frost Pillar + Blood Sucking

I recall on the Featherfoot thread that even if targets run away from the range of Blood Sucking, as long as you channel and they got hit at least once, the damage is continuous.

And you got Cryo3 to Reflect & Freeze melee attackers, pair that with decay from Featherfoot so that you can kill your targets quick

Havenā€™t really thought on featherfoot ill try to read and understand its skillsā€¦ Warlock simply because of burst damage Tree Pole combo or Tree snow rolling and one advantage I see on warlock is the DT skill, enemies will avoid contact on you when your going to the center to set up a tree and as for the class advancement on rank 8 I read that you can absorb your DT and it will go with your attack i am assuming it act like bats of sorcererā€¦

yep, i guess we gotta wait till they implement it

not sure if its double damage, but if you link mob ABCDE for example, and you use a multihit / aoe skill which hits ABCDE once each, they all kind of get 5 hits

@MonkeyMoniker @yaladilae
I think magic missle and joint penalty interaction is kinda intended since it is sorta of a single spell that hits multiple times with different timers, same with broom trap and joint. If you look at flame ground it deals damage with a timer (letā€™s say 1hit every second) to everything inside so itā€™s easy to joint to ignore the bonus. Now look at broom trap/MM if you have 5 linked targets whenever it hits a new target the timer will be different.

I wonder how they manage to take the joint penalty from icbt during the half-merge we got.

Im just wondering, whatā€™s the preferred weapon for sorcerers? (Currently cryo3>sorc2 here.)

1 Like
  • Superior Corona/Magas Rod + Shield
  • Ignition for Sorcs with linker
  • Maledoom before using Summoning
  • Audra Staff to use Cryo Skills, keep rod + shield after for that sweet MDef bonus
  • Power Staff for trolling purposes
1 Like

I think if you went wiz1 cyro1 linker1 pyro1 sorc1 chorno1 runecaster1, power staff would be amazing with rune of giants, and technically you are still a sorc lol

and yes, go sage at rank8 so you can create portal to sneak behind the boss and hit them