Tree of Savior Forum

Sorcerer Info Megathread

What they need to do is make it so when we take sorcerer as a class the class quest gives a choice between 3 or 4 boss cards to start a sorc off. Think starter pokemon. Could be something as simple as a choice between Chapparition, Throneweaver, and Harpeia. Also if cards are going to be random drops from bosses from now on i hope its a minimum of a 20% drop chance and not super rare like the Mirtis hat.

They make cards interchangeable in teams, so because of that and not wanting to make cards really tradeable, they quit quests. So you don’t do new questing with other toon and trade them to the sorcerer.

But doing so they make things worst. If i have to get cards from grinding i wouldn’t do that with a new class, just the high lvl one i alrready have.

If this is just as they said with no other details on the system… then it’s worst than before.

Agreed, is too much to ask to let the cards be tradeable? few classes have use for cards and they make it hard as hell to get in a good amount.

IF it would be possible to lvl up cards with drops it would be a diferente story but how can you lvl up cards if there are no cards to use as fuel? And please note that the a very big parte of sorcerers only lvl up TS . So i go to rush dungeons and only get talt no card at all in 5 rushes… and my hunter has 3 rushes ang get 3 cards =/

And let’s get real the Ai of summons is a nigjtmare… it’s disapointing how IMC is taking time to fix problems, problems reported in the beta… i do not know why they’re doing this…

Worse they took away the skills that let the sorcerer have some control and send it to c2 and c3 only has summon and bats to offer as compensation =/

Seriously, IMC needs a wakeup call. Before they make these changes, they need to fix the AI of the summons. In the first place, the summon system is already incomplete and most people only rely on Templeshooter. Shouldn’t they improve the other summons, then make this change to remove cards from quest bosses? IMC, why are you ‘nerfing’ sorcerer further when you should be fixing those buggy AI of the summons?

I really like the thorneweaver card. I dont want it get erased.

Does enhancing a card not take into account what the level of the card being sacrificed? Does it consider it as one card instead of transferring its EXP to the card being enhanced?

It does. A level 4 card sacrificed will give 250 exp points. Not worth it. Much better to sacrifice individual cards as those give 100 exp each.

i really doubt they will erase cards you already have, IMC is not that mean

remember how they gave out free TP to those people who bought token from the market, i.e spent no real cash

if they can get past that, they can get past this card thing

Yeah it will be really mean if the quest-acquired card was the one enhanced and they implement this ‘delete-said-cards’ then it would really hurt the players who use cards as a mechanic of their class. I hope it won’t be retro-active.

I think they only way they would delete cards is they remove the card system entirely and change card related skills

for us, it could be summoning > summon templeshooter

where it scales via level of summoning, i.e summon lv1 = 1star templeshooter, and yes, it goes up to lv 17, which means its a buff to sorc 3

and skills like evocation would probably turn into something like an AOE without the card graphics, and morph will just become a summon complete heal

now that i think about it, i would love to see that

So I just reached C2 Sorc and got Riding and apparently Templeshooter’s auto attack is broken? When I press X button (controller) my character auto attacks and dismounts me. ;/ Does the same with keyboard. What givez?

Old controller bug with riding it maps the basic attack and dismount to the same button for some summons. Pretty much any summon with alot of skills suffers from this. Mouse mode doesn’t have this problem but controllers do. Druids have the same problem with transform.

How is something like this not fixed yet? -.- My faith in this game just took a dive.

It does it with keyboard for me too though. No idea how to use the skills with mouse.

Who know how disable autosearch target whan im riding on demon ???!!!

Problem 1 :

I use riding, try to use rapid fire on target. But demon can turn around and shoot the other way or other mob

Problem 2 :

Desmodus can not be used at acute angles, it is difficult to hit the target

Mouse mode default is
1- AA, 2-pewpewpewpew, 3-pewfromabove, 4-peeeeeeeeeeeew, 5-walkingpeasant (above qwert, below f1,f2,f3,f4,f5)

@battiskaff

P1: looks like he targets his nearest enemy, so try to be on top of your target whenever you use your skill.

P2: yeah, Cryomancer’s Ice Pike works like that too that’s why I usually compare these two.

so i levelled up a Harpeia card to 9 stars, my Summoning is Lv.1, Full Con
(added 200 to Con, so it’s like 250+ Con (total) at the moment, 26k max HP, no attributes for plate armor yet)

it seems like the mechanic saying +10% per star is wrong?
i got another 1 star Harpeia and checked, it’s actually around +5% per star.

1 star = 1000+ atk
9 stars = 1400+ atk

and the 4 stats that were only changed are P/Matk & P/Mdef

i’m thinking if it’s ideal to just remain at 200 Con (distributed) and rest to Int
(for pvp purposes and better Int scaling on rank 7 onwards)

what do you guys think?

lastly, what was the computation of Summon Familiar damage? it seems like it’s more than double your current matk per hit?

well… i had

Maybe card level only affects bonus from Summoning skill, thats why only affects atk and def.

Familiar damage : ([Character MINMATK] + [Character MAXMATK]) / (3.5 - ([Skill Level] × 0.1))
plus matk and elemental damage per bat because its a magical attack

Next Korean patch will include use for boss cards for everyone and cards won’t be obtainable during quests anymore(can be put in team storage). I really hope they get an improvement in Cards this patch.

Back to this vid, how did he manage to summon those 2?

Today’s kToS prepatch notice includes the following:

Boss Card Change:
Boss cards can now be equipped to your character, you unlock a boss card slot for each class rank you have obtained.
Equipping a boss card gives your character a unique effect, amplified by the star value of the boss card.

You can equip multiple of the same cards, to amplify the effect, or a skill, etc.
You can remove a slotted car but it will reset the star value.
You can no longer obtain boss cards through questing, only through field bosses, dungeons, and missions.
Monster cards and gems will be team storage tradeable.

Probably just a bug, Netherbovine doesn’t have owner on its name like “DogeSummoner’s Netherbovine” like Templeshooter and the black smoke.

@avykos
I was wondering about they mentioning “missions”, is there any card that can be obtained in any mission now? Maybe they’ll put those cards there as they said in a previous Q&A they would improve missions and dungeons, the music was just the first step.