Tree of Savior Forum

Sorcerer Info Megathread

If I got the wording in the announcement correctly, it doesn’t. The summon following you is still part of the AI working.

So much hatred towards that golem in siauliai -.-

i m not c3 socr yet, just want ask about desmodeus is that skill bad like u all said ?
my count like this: lv5 desmodus is 2012 +100% atribut should be 4024
+join pinalty bonus 50% for earth should be 6036 and in skill simulator it s 2 hit =12072 damage

can someone tes this for me?
if it s working then W3>linker1>socr3 build specialy for desmodus build

soo W3>linker1>socr3 18k potential damage not count weapon/status yet
shouldnt it s OP on pvp 5vs5 << IMC nerf this :imp:

Sounds like garbage to be frank.
Fortunately Linker is such a potent class, I suppose it wont be much of a problem.

excuzme can u explain what a garbage from wipe out entirely oposite team in pvp 5 vs 5
dont u get it ? join pinalty +50% > quick cast+50% > dosmedus = all enemy party wipe out if u succesfully perform that maybe not in some special case

That you took 3 in wizard and 3 in Sorc. To use flipping Dosmedus and stating it as OP to boot.
Again the combination is garbage, but Linker is such a potent class it’ll make even that seem attractive.

you clearly dont know what i m talking about
dosmedus it self is garbage i get that
but if u chaneling that with join pinalty that give 50% damage to earth element atk and future boost it with quick cast that give another 50% full int build should deal around 30k damage x5 char =150k damage << in theory

@forestdragon2012 I think your build is good, here is my reasoning:

• Joint Penalty: (attribute: +50% with earth damage, Desmodus is earth damage)

• Quick Cast: +50% Magic Damage

• Lv.5 Desmodus: default 2012 skill damage (should be renamed property damage i think)

Interesting build despite the full CON stat, as long as we have a good default skill damage, it would be okey (better if included with magic amplification from Animus and Archmage Bangle)

Computation of skill damage should be (i simplified it without the -defense, etc.):

((Matk + Skill Base Damage + Magic Amplification) * Base Damage Modifier)

• Base Damage Modifier from Joint Penalty (attribute) and Quick Cast (attribute)

• Skill Base Damage is affected by skill attribute (the +% damage)

• Magic Amplification is a random value between 0 and the max value of it

• Joint Penalty is Rank 10 Debuff so it cannot be removed in PVP.

so example:

• lets say you are Lv.280 and your matk is only 800
  • Desmodus is Lv.5 (2,012 base) with +50% attribute damage (3,018)
  • Joint Penalty: +50% if Earth Damage
  • magic amplification is 400 (lets say only 50% of that was added)

damage per hit would be:

8,036 = ((800 + 3,018 + 200) * 2)

note: the damage above is only for 1 target, what about shared damage because of Joint Penalty?

Desmodus hits 3 or 2 times? in kToS, there is a patch that enables you to use skills while riding, and riding a summon guarantees you to be immune to ground based skills (because you are converted to flying type just like when a Falconer uses Hanging Shot)

If in terms of sucky DPS vs high level maps, the best weapon you can find (white and blue) are for Lv.220 and if mobs are 10 levels ahead of it, damage start to be bad if you don’t have Matk from INT to boost your damage. So a Lv.220 weapon i think is only effective till Lv.250.

By the way, are you on Varena server? If yes, i would like to have some PVP sessions in the future LOL. I’m building a full CON pvp summoner at the moment, I would like to test my own build vs yours once i reach around Lv.270s.

Lol.
Theory crafting are we?
Summon Familiar 15.

(Magical attack + (Min magic attack + magic attack)/2) x 15 hits.
Forget Full Int.

1000 magic attack.
1000 + (1000 + 1000)/2) x 15.
2000 x 15. Wait you want quick cast
3000 x 15. Wait 100% attribute?
6000 x 15.
x5 you said?
All you had to do was throw out an auto attack and the bats fly out.

But let’s be real.
You can make anything look like a lot of damage with Joint Penalty.
Again.
Linker is so potent it makes it look attractive.
In reality For 100% attributing of rank 5/7 skills you could’ve also just said Linker + Psychokino or Linker + Necromancer, Linker + FeatherFoot. It all would look potent in the end, except you’d have skill-sets that work a lot better with Wizard 3 then flipping Sorcerer.

You know what though. Go and do it.

i m in teslai and my curent build is pyro>linker2>socr2
maybe this info good for you if u planing to riding in pvp :
riding in templeshooter in 2 minutes all ur sp will dry out
while riding in throneweaver give u 7 or 8 minutes before ur sp dry out

As a Wiz3 link1 Sorc3, I am inclined to tell you my thoughts

Desmondus has a really narrow width, so its not as easy to hit something as you think. And the length is not that long, so when you think you can hit it, you probably can’t

In theory, that’s great damage, but it’s already said, something like a ele3 can out damage us, and it’s a rank6 class. In a lot of ways, I feel sorc is a 60% dps, 40% utility/support class, with a pet to off-tank and classes like linker to support

Also in practice, soloing you can keep track of cooldowns, but it is so much harder in groups, sometimes if you need to link and joint when desmondus in cooldown, you just missed it already, for example

Familiar has a problem where they can attempt to damage a dead target and blow themselves up doing 0 damage, because alot of bats diving in at the same time, so honestly, its great with bosses, but not too good with trashing farming, even with 16 bats

The reason I bought this up is because, if you went warlock3, you have less bat to worry about, and the dark attack passive will cover the lost damage from 5 bats, pretty much

And with quickcast, warlock skill really shines

Or go runecaster, just for the laser and passive (don’t blame me if it is bad btw)

thanks for reasonable reply i m more apreciate this
if u dont mind can u also give me a number how much u can do with guick cast+join+desmodeus

my desmondus is not lv5 yet

But the math should be:
base + matk + propertyatk

which for me would be about 3000 at lv5

as @DogeSummoner mentioned, for large target, yout get 3 hits, for others, it’s 2 hit

so multiply 2 or 3

then multiply 1.5 for joint penalty, 1.5 for quickcast

now minus a little bit for mob defense / resist

edit: I think i forgot to add in attribute damage

what i want to know is did quick cast have sinergy with dosmedus
did actualy +50% is worked
and so far i know guick cast have no sinergy with bat
if ur bat exploded 1k after guick cast it s still 1 k

actually it works with bats

i am 99% sure i saw desmondus increase with quickcast, i will check tonight when i get some time to play,

Was doing lv100 mission and someone called me out saying I was leeching as Sorc c1. I gave all I had-magic missles, jp, and summons-to make sure I wouldn’t appear as such, and I always do. I know I am lacking dps and providing very little support in general but being called a leech while I am trying my best to contribute to the party makes me feel awful.

It doesn’t happen just one time. It’s several times. And not to make a stereotype of a class but all people who seemed to have a problem with me were Fletcher. They said if I don’t have lethargy with attribute I am basically a leech. And I happen to not have a single point in it. If I knew it could help I would have had it.

But they were so rude about it: it’s one thing to ask me to get this skill, but it’s another to talk down on someone in your group who’s trying to contribute. I don’t do that with my healer when dps is low. In fact I dislike that kind of behavior because if you are to complain about your random teammates, you might as well just party up beforehand instead of queuing.

Is this an exception/just my bad luck with queuing or did anyone experience this too?

I love the idea of a sorc so much I don’t want to give in just because of their nasty comments. But please tell me what I will gain from Sorc C2 will justify what I experienced. :confused:

It was probably bad luck, don’t worry about those wanna-be-the-very-best meta followers. Lethargy’s attribute only helps for strike damage (Swordsman/cleric/Sapper) why the hell was a Fletcher complaining over it o.O?

Sadly even after c2 you’ll have problems when queued with fletchers, Quarrels shooters and some Elementalist. Mostly because a lot of them are completely selfish and instead of trying to keep the boss in one single spot while dodging its attacks, they lure it away from your summon, and then you have to reposition it everytime, weakening your DPS.

I went Cryo c3 (even less damage than you have) and I was lucky to never hear any complaint :confused: .

1 Like

Sorc 2 offers a lot more burst dps on the table, thanks to ride and rapid fire from TS, and morph cycle

Which server are you on btw?
It could be mean people from your server, on EU, people are very nice

The commons I’ve goten so far is, I like your build, omg it’s a cat, nice tanking from your pet

And screw those flecther and ele3 who thinks they can tank, solo and provide utility at the same time, they are really thinking too much. Most of them aren’t even that great and end up dying

oh btw, wth would flecther complain about lethargy, i never use leathergy now unless i see a swordsman in team that is not a full tank, or hop cata dragoon

save that 30 sp, it comes in handy

1 Like

Feels like only TS has a good riding skill. I also have harpeia but the damage of the AoE tornado seem to be weak? Has anyone tested other summon’s riding skills? Any good alternatives?

I guess it makes sense because there was a sapper. I understand where he was coming from but that attitude was just uncalled for and off putting.

Yeah I feel you. I use owl statues with my healer. I noticed some people tend to draw aggro and pull the boss away from it and hence the lower dps. But I always nicely ask, instead of calling people names for something they might have been unaware of, just like me with lethargy.

I actually want to reroll to pyro linker/cyro c3 with sorc. But will the rank 8 classes coming out I might just wait and see what they offer.