Tree of Savior Forum

Sorcerer Info Megathread

u can go for necro1, my shogoth doing like 50 000+ damage :slight_smile:

Hello guys, first time on this thread, im looking for a build what work on Miki and i though: chrono fit always, butuse SPR, maybe sorc can fit too but idk much about sorc on Miki and i need ur help :smiley:.

In my opinion, youā€™d be better off with Wiz3-Elem3-Pyro1-Sorcer2;
Or until
Wiz3-Elem3-Pyro3 (with Agny)
Storm Dust = 332% for 0.3 sec (CD 35 sec)
(Without Agny) => Hell Breath = 250% for 0.3 sec (CD 40 sec)
(With Agny) => Hell Breath = 300% for 0.3 sec (CD 40 sec)
With the advantage of Hell Breath attributes being cheaper than Storm Dustā€™s.

But as this topic is about Sorcerer, the 1st option is the only one possible.

There is life without QC ^^
I will test pyro1, but probably the lack of Fire pillar and the Heat attribute will make me stick with pyro2.
Storm dust can be buffed by lethargy in 15%.

Iā€™m happy with this build: Wiz3>Tauma1>Sorc2>Necro3

soā€¦ Marnox was buffed in itos with last wiard patch or not ._.?

If you mean the the attacks being Strike/Fire, yes.

I need fast advice again, guys. Sorry for being annoying.
I have tested several builds with the reset vouchers, but only managed to get to level 260 (which equals Sorc2+Necro1), so I donā€™t have the Skeletons to summon yet.

I have been doing extremely well with both Wiz1>Cryo3>Sorc2>Necro1(so far) and Wiz2>Linker2>Sorc2>Necro1(so far). Linker makes for much faster leveling, but also a lot more damage onto me. Cryo helps with avoiding a lot of damage, but it takes longer to kill enemies.

As I donā€™t know how much damage I will take when I have the Skeletons at Necro3, I am unsure what to do. I have six hours on my last reset rank voucher remaining and will use it and then need to pick something.

Some extra info: I use Helgasercle because I love her and she is awesome. Also I donā€™t ride my summon likeā€¦ever. I take so much damage when I do. I just usually watch like a cheerleader from the sidelines while casting a bit to collect some corpse fragments or - Iā€™m Linker right now - link stuff ever so often if thereā€™s enough enemies around. Riding means I get hit, which I donā€™t like as I donā€™t like using pots at all.

For fast leveling I just stayed at the ā€œeasyā€ locations during my tests - Roxona West, Alemeth, Cranto, now Kalejimas. Itā€™s not hard to survive there. But other locations are different and Iā€™m not sure if Linker (to group up annoying archers for faster kills, but tank damage) or Cryo (to prevent damage recieved, but need longer to kill and therefore still recieve less damage over a longer time) is the overall better choice for someone who doesnā€™t ride. I just cannot really guess at this point how well the Skeletons will serve me in terms of damage and damageprevention - maybe even so well that I will start riding? Who knows.

But yeah, any advice? I enjoy both the Linker and the Cryo build a lot. I actually think I will make my Sorc my main because I just love the playing style. So this is kinda an important decision and I could really do with some advice from people who know how Necro3 will change matters.

If u are taking too much damage, so u are not equipped properly. Your summons can help take the aggro from u, but in the end, is your equips that matter and the cards u use on ur char slots.

1 Like

Iā€™ll try to address some of your questions.

First one should be obvious - donā€™t use Helga if you donā€™t want to get hit so much. She is slow as hell. Go use Netherbovine and you will see a huge difference, when positioned correctly against mobs, you would rarely even get hit. Also your gear should be more or less around your level and use pardoner buffs for def/mdef. Wizard Magic Shield helps too. While riding you get a bit of damage mitigation as well. if you count that all in, you should be pretty safe while riding.

With that said if you still decide to not ride at all. you better go only sorc1, as sorc2 revolves specifically around riding and controlling your summon. This way you can get something like Thaum1 to boost all summon damage by 10% with swell left arm attribute.

But i canā€™t speak for Necroā€¦ i know that his summons are pretty squishy in endgame content. and probably thatā€™s it

1 Like

Iā€™m a new(ish) player, so I have no cards in my card slots yet since everything I owned went into getting cards for my summons. Equip-wise, I have what I found; the market offers very, very little for the lower levels. So I definitely am not super-well equipped in any way or form, yeah.
I appreciate knowing that good equip would change matters, though!

I tried Netherbovine and actually sold that card again; I wasnā€™t doing any good with it. Or maybe I just didnā€™t try hard enough because I wanted to use Helga so badly since sheā€™s my fav character in the whole plot. I can only compare her to the small bit of Netherbovine test I did and to Nuaele, who hits faster, but only the air as she is unable to fly up to the enemy to get in range. Nuaele has issuesā€¦ Sheā€™s back in a card slot on my other character now, lol.
My gear is definitely not optimal (not primus-gear, weapon only at +5), but I spent everything I had left to get a Gray Golem Card to 10* for my Shoggoth, so itā€™s not like I can buy better gear right now (that and thereā€™s no good stuff on the market for levels below 300, for some reason).
However, I never bought a buff before - not for my Sorc and not for my other character. I apparently really missed out? I will look into that immediately.

I did a Thaum1 test run (Wiz3>Thaum1>Sorc2>Necro) and found it very lacking, to be honest, compared to the other two builds I am currently deciding between. I would like a 10% buff, but I think I would overall lose damage, wouldnā€™t I? My Salamion is only Level 1 (as people told me here to instead invest into Summon Servant, which I never used so farā€¦) and my Shoggoth Level 5. 99% of my damage comes from Helga. If I knock my summoning skill five levels down to get an increase of 10% across the boardā€¦ I dunno if thatā€™s worth it?

Thing is, I dunno if I will NEVER ride. If the skeletons at Necro3 provide me enough cover to make riding safe, I might very well do so. Right now the only issue I have with riding is the damage I take. If I find a way to avoid taking damage, Iā€™m all for riding, wonky as it is - I tried riding on Cranto Coast and got stuck on every single ledge.

Not happy to hear that Necro summons are squishy in endgame. :confused: Maybe picking Cryo would be better thenā€¦ maaan, this is a rough decision without being able to check endgame out first.

Thank you very much for your help! Thatā€™s already really, really valueable information!

As you got no much time to test iā€™d say if you donā€™t like riding atm, better decide against it - you will always be able to make another char dedicated to riding (not to say you need a good bit of money on riding damage attribute for it to shine).

So in this case you should take Thaum1 instead of the 2nd circle of Sorc. And 10% dmg boost (you have to get that attribute from thaum master first) is pretty big when you use a lot of minions (skellies, shoggoth, demon, they all benefir from that i believe).

1 Like

I just went and checked a skill simulator and turns out that Sorc2 is needed for Attack Ground. As I vastly rely on that skill to make my summons move where I want them (in front of me, to shield me), I actually cannot ditch Sorc2. Bummer, you had me pretty convinced, though Iā€™m still not sure 10% more damage across the board is much when 99% of the overall damage comes from the one summon who would lose stats in the change.

But yes, the lack of time to test is rough - but even if I would decide against Sorc2, that would still not answer my big issue, which is how to spend my first four ranks (Wiz2/Linker2 or Wiz1/Cryo3). Thatā€™s the real dilemma Iā€™m facing.

Hey Sheba. This build lacks easy crowd control like ice pike. You just get magic shield 15 to mitigate some damage, and Sleep on walking mobs. I think you will prefer convenient crowd control like cryo1 ice pike.
Therefore I will recommend you to keep cryomancer1.

Cryo1 - linker2 - sorc1 - remaining ranks will be okay start.
You could also take cryo3 - sorc1 to start of course.

Then decide if you like necromancer. Necromancer skeletons die faster than sorcerer summon or necro shoggoth. Cooldown on skeletons is 60s so you will be able to resummon often. Because skeletons die faster, I do not recommend repeatedly casting thaumathurge swell arm buff. To prevent item cost. Even though 1x magic powder per cast is quite cheap, it could become an issue for you as a new player. Necro corpse tower summon is immobile. It does not have HP. Instead it uses a hit-limit (block count in description). I rarely see a level 5+ corpse tower die before time out.

Necromancer class must manage corpse resources. You will not run out of corpse fast unless you spam the flesh cannon skill. Necro summon damage is sufficient, especially on a SPR build. Summon-command skills apply to all summons. Use Force attackā€™ to make your summons gang up on 1 enemy to easily kill it.

Unlike the big boss summon of sorcerer your other summons are not immune to knockback. A boss with AoE knockback skills disables your summons easily. Luckily most field mobs and hunting ground mobs do not have a lot of knockback attacks.

Summons take aggro and get attacked first if you let them attack the mobs. If you deal a lot of damage to the mobs they will attack you instead of your summons.

Finally I would like to tell you about attack types of summons. Summon attacks behave like player attacks. They use attack-def weaknesses and elements.

Skeleton attacks are physical and dark. Attack is AoE but AoE size of attack is small.
Skel archer attacks are missile type and dark element. Attack is AoE but AoE size of attack is small.
Shoggoth attacks are poison element. Attack is AoE but AoE size of attack is small.
Corpse tower attacks are magic and poison. This attack cannot hit multiple targets.
To support your skeletons and shoggoth (and salami demon), linker is the best fit. Joint penalty into hangman will nicely group mobs to get hit by AoE attacks. A cryo1 - linker build may keep mobs on 1 spot longer with ice pike after hangmanā€™s knot.

Sorcerer summons info may be found on tosneet.
Find your summonā€™s name and use the link at the classID on the left.
Use this link to view all summon names: link to tosneet

image << click

then open with the plus sign to view the attack type. << click

Example used is Templeshooter. I recommend this summon for necromancer - sorcerer builds. Necromancer shoggoth attribute provides a Decay debuff to boost missile damage. Templeshooter uses Missile attacks. Your templeshooter and skeleton archers will easily clear mobs with decay.
Decay does not debuff bosses.

Also decide on if you would like sorc2.
Sorc2 provides riding and morph. Morph is great for multiple card-use. Use morph on a 10 star card and a 1 star secondary card to get a strong secondary card. You will save on card-costs.

Final build option:
cryo1 - link2 - sorc1 - necro3 - sorc2 or the cryo3 version.
If you would like to skip sorc2, you could take link3 on the first build. edit: or another class, such as thaum1 but do not spam arm buff for skeletons. Sage1/feather1 okay too.

To give you some ease, after resetting you will still have time to decide. There is no need to rush and immediately pick classes after reset. Your rank-up cards will not disappear.

2 Likes

Wow, thank you for this amazing answer! And sorry I needed so long to reply; someone put down a sprout and statue in Klaipeda and I wanted to use the exp buff.

I actually just noticed that in Kalejimas Challenge Mode - it got very painful very fast when I was mobbed from all sides and itā€™s not like the Magic Shield holds for more than a second or two when things get rough. So Cryo1 it definitely is. The thing is: I used the shield a lot when I tested the Cryo build and it served me really, really well. The rest of the Cryo skills (Snow Rolling, Frost Pillar, Ice Wall) were nothing I found myself using much, but the shield, bolt and pike were awesome.

Right now, at Necro1, just having Gather Corpse 5 and Shoggoth 5, I enjoy it. Though even just with Shoggoth, Iā€™m not keen on the corpse gathering, but then again I heard it gets easier on the higher circles of Necro. Also the Shoggoth is awesome (and looks so hilariously derpy that I want to keep him just for that :stuck_out_tongue: ), so Necro1 at least is a success. As for the rest of Necro - with me needing to use more corpses - I will really have to see. But thatā€™s nothing I can decide right now in any way, so I will stick with the plan there for now. I am not fond of immobile summons in any way (outside of bosses), but am willing to give it a try for sure.

Glad to hear about the damage. I usually prefer Target Ground to Force Attack as Helgasercle hits everything in a huge area anyway, the Salamion does barely any damage and my derpy Shoggoth tends to shoot in the wrong direction even when I tell him to shoot at an enemy.:joy: But I suppose with skeletons, that can change a lot. I will have a lot more summons then, after all.

I donā€™t deal a lot of damage,but I still need to shoot stuff like Gather Corpse and it does seem to draw aggro a lot. And some mage enemies just hit an area anyway and I need to play with effects off to have less lag, so I donā€™t see stuff like the flames of the Green Eldigos in Alemeth and therefore just tend to run into the pain.

This is very awesome information! I didnā€™t test a combination of Cryo and Linker, sadly, but I did some testing with Wiz3 and Linker1 and found that below Linker2, itā€™s useless as too few enemies get linked. I never needed to lengthen the time to keep mobs in a spot, though - the second I use Hangmanā€™s Knot, so far everything has immediately died.

I used tosneet for a lot of things before, but thank you for reminding me to check these things - I only checked the ā€œbigā€ summons of the Grimoire so far.
I decided to make a summoner character solely for using Helgasercle as I love her as a character so very much. I definitely donā€™t want to replace her, as I prefer to play with characters I like over characters giving optimal output (I am aware that most people here likely donā€™t care about the lore or the plot of the game and so, for them the character with the best output is automatically the one they like the most. Iā€™m a bit weird, I guessā€¦) I suppose if I pick up a cheap Templeshooter, I could put him in second slot to morph in emergencies, though.

I had wondered about that - if I would need to upgrade the second card as well - so thank you for confirming that I indeed donā€™t need to. This is very helpful!

I think for now, I would like to keep the option, just to see if I will ride more when I have the skeletons. I also really donā€™t want to give up on levels in summoning.

I know, but I really want to play with my summoner because I had so much fun with her with all the testing. My main character/first character is a Taoist and I love her, but I found playing a summoner and never having to worry about cooldowns of my skills so very, very much more relaxing. Well worth investing all silver I ever had into (getting a card to 10* is horrid).

This is a really, really interesting alternative. I will test to see how it goes - luckily I managed to pick up a rank reset voucher just before the maintenance, so I do actually have two, though they run out basically only with a few minutes difference. Doesnā€™t change that I can use one now and the other in a few hours.

Thank you for giving me this idea, I will try it immediately and actually go into Kalejimas Storage with all its crappy archers for a more difficult test! Gonna make the best of the two hours I still have. If I still find myself getting hit too much, I could still change to Cryo3 with the second rank reset, then.

As for Thaumā€¦ I still donā€™t like the class. I really tested it a lot in different builds, but I just didnā€™t see it do enough to justify spending a rank in it. I very much prefer another rank in Wizard, even, for Surespell to get the other spells off (I fail to cast 7 out of 10 sleep spells, I would say). As everyone here advises me that Thaum is a good choice, I am obviously not getting it. :confused: Iā€¦ really thought it sucked, actually. And I tested three different builds with a rank in Thaum. It just didnā€™t have anything to offer except for Swell Left Arm for me and picking a rank just for one skill is pretty mediocre in my eyes when other choices offer so much more.

1 Like

If you dislike thaum, I would not pick it. I do not think it will fit you because thauma does not help your survival. Regarding cryo3, I agree. I think the cooldown on frost pillar is too high. Ice pike, shield, and ice bolt will be used most often.

I have found a vid of pyro3 sorc1 necro3 sorc2 at sausys room 9, you probably recognize this map name from shout messages. This is a pyro build, a cryo build will get hit less if you apply freeze a lot. Pyro effects are quite flashy so you might want to avoid it for your pc.

Notice the army of summons. She is using templeshooter. This is ā€™ low/average gearā€™, and full SPR.

1 Like

Yeah, I definitely need more survival. I just went into Kalejimas Workshop with Cryo1>Linker2 and it was really, really rough; barely made it to the statue at the end. Then again, Iā€™m still wearing Level 220 gear. I definitely would not have survived without Ice Pike. I did link sometimes (far more rarely, though, as Ice Pike was first spell of choice), but overall, I took a LOT of damage from doing so. This build definitely beats Wiz2/Linker2. Iā€™m not too sure about Cryo3 - though I also wonder if Cryo3 would have helped me, as I have yet to see Subzero Shield block any arrow or magic attack. It just seems to work against close-range physical attacks.

That video is quite impressive - and yeah, I have not been to Sausys Room 9 yet, though I think my Taoist (Level 333) has a quest to go there in her main questline now. Also Templeshooter doesnā€™t seem that much faster than Helgasercle, I donā€™t know why people claim sheā€™s slow, I have tried comparing her to all the other sorcs and their summons in Kalejimas and there is not much difference between any of them in my opinion. Templeshooter does deal a lot of damage, though.
Also watching these videos, I think I am also just a bad player. I usually get hit a lot because I stand in the wrong spots or am too impatient to wait for my summons to move so close to the enemy that they draw the aggro for sure.:sweat_smile:

Still not sure what to pick now - giving up on Linker just for Subzero Shield or not. Wish I would have a chance to test Cryo3 in Kalejimas Workshop as well, but alas, no more rank resets for that. Just one left and I have to pick the final build after using it.

1 Like

so Iā€™ve been reading a lot of messages now that the game received a performance update i decided to give it a try once again, and before i stooped playing it i reset my sorcerer.
So, i know that the wizz Lethargy will or already buff the damage of Marnox (im right?), i wanna some advice if it really worth it to go wiz c3 to increase 50% more damage if yes witch class is the best as the rank 4 goes? Pyromancer? trauma or linker ( i was thinking about linker for some AOE for the group and myself)

After that another question is. What to do on rank 6 7 8, since necromancer pets kind trash on new content and world boss they die almost instantly and u loose all damage potential that they can do.

those are my points can someone help me?

another question, Summon Force Attacking if i have the skill on necromancer, my summons from sorcerer will also work?

Lethargy already increases marnox damage, but it is not advisable to build around this. But Wiz3 sorc builds can be strong, you just need to keep in mind lethargy has a pretty long cd and the effect will mostly only be useful against bossing. My sorc build is personally Wiz3, Thaum3, Sorc1, Sage2, and the synergy works great. The wiz3 lethargy is just a bonus to make my sorc side stronger while bossing, but it is not the main damage dealer of the build.

Sorc is already AoE based so you donā€™t really need linker. For party though, linker2-3 is good (3 preferred).

Pyro is for self damage/solo playstyleā€¦

Thauma1 is good for solo damage, but thauma 3 is best for party play.

If you donā€™t like necro, you can choose to go with literally any other classā€¦
Chrono (support) Warlock (damage) Elementalist (damage) Sage/Enchanter/Cryo are all decent choices, each have their own advantages and disadvantages so you should ask yourself what you are looking for